Windshield

i have these real small specs all over my windshield you cant even see them unless your sitting in thev front seat no matter how much that i clean i cant remove them does anyone know what the cause is and what i can do to make my glass smooth and clear again ive read about how to clean the glass but im not sure if itb applies to these little nicks

I'd try the RainX windshield repair stuff. I just turned in a leased vehicle, and used this stuff on a couple of chips. $10 at WalMart. I was amazed at how well the repair worked.

If you have small nicks they can be filled with methylacrylate (sp?) and the excess drys and is scraped off w/razor blade. I just did a very rough job, I'm sure with more time invested, I could have made the windshield almost brand new.

Unfortunately thats just wear, only way to fix that is to replace the windshield. Its going to happen again with mileage.

Agreed, Those are minute rock and sand chips, The only way is to replace the glass.

i was thinking the same thing but i will try mscotts suggestion right after i hit it with the clay bar its not really impairing my vision its just annoying

Least abrasive product first-

1. This glass cleaner (Glass Scrub™) removes insect smear, road oils, mineral deposits, lime scale, tree sap and more. A heavy-duty, cream cleanser that deep cleans auto glass safely and effectively without strong acids, alkalis, phosphates or solvents. It is specifically formulated to clean glass without scratching. The best time to use Glass Scrub is after you've washed the car but before you dry it. The glass must still be wet. I apply a small amount of product on a folded Glass Cleaning Cloth rubbing the glass in circular motions making sure to apply to all areas thoroughly. Flip the cloth to a clean dry surface and rub again. http://properautocare.com

2. Glass Polishing Kit for Deep Scratches:

Most glass polishers contain Cerium Oxide an optical polishing compound (belonging to the group of elements known as rare earth) all necessary precautions should be used with regard to the dust produced. Removes deep scratches from automotive glass and save the replacement costs, this abrasive system literally grinds away imperfections until scratches disappear, works best with a HS Rotary set at 1500-2000 RPM.

Warning- this system removes glass, maintain a wet surface and keep pad moving to avoid heat build-up an avoid causing optical distortion Eastwoods kit includes: self-adhering hook and loop pad, coarse, medium and fine abrasives. (Pro Glass Polishing Kit (40011) and instructions from Eastwood.com)

JonM

In my opinion, we're talking time vs. $$.

I'd give the $10 RainX stuff a shot, work with it a bit, see if it helps. If not, I'd probably just have the glass replaced. If I remember correctly, in CA, there is no deductable for windshield replacement.

Maybe I just decided I would just have it replaced!

In my opinion, we're talking time vs. $$.

I'd give the $10 RainX stuff a shot, work with it a bit, see if it helps. If not, I'd probably just have the glass replaced. If I remember correctly, in CA, there is no deductable for windshield replacement.

Maybe I just decided I would just have it replaced!

its not serious enough to replace ill try these suggestions and get back to everyone if it works great if not i can live with it

• 2 weeks later...

Try Bonsie or Bonzie (spelling ??), non-abrasive, over the counter, like a "Comet", but will not scratch. This is for minimum wear, however, some of those particles your talking about can be just very small 'gunk' on the window. This product took it off.

Unfortunately thats just wear, only way to fix that is to replace the windshield. Its going to happen again with mileage.

none of the comments seem to mention or address the water-repellent coating Lexus uses on front windshields and front doors....seems all this buffing etc. would affect the water repellent properties.....also do not believe after market replacements have the coatings....

How much is a new windshield approx. ?

I just got a new drivers side, passenger, window for my rx300 because the dealer scraped it with a razor blade when taking the sticker off. They payed for it thankfully...wonder how much it was.

One thing i don't like now is that you know how they etch the glass with LEXUS etc..?? now it says something else. It looks weird.

I just got a new drivers side, passenger, window for my rx300 because the dealer scraped it with a razor blade when taking the sticker off. They payed for it thankfully...wonder how much it was.

One thing i don't like now is that you know how they etch the glass with LEXUS etc..?? now it says something else. It looks weird.

Wait. The dealer replaced it but the glass no longer says Lexus? What does it say? PPG? Did they cheapened out and not use OEM glass?

Wait. The dealer replaced it but the glass no longer says Lexus? What does it say? PPG? Did they cheapened out and not use OEM glass?

The new piece of glass says: This is everything it includes:

DOT 23

NIPPON

safety

TP AS3

.NSG.M4K8

v EG 43R-00123

The new glass looks the same besides the label. It's the mirror tint glass.

Another thing: It doesn't hold water as the others do. When i was washing it, on all the other pieces of glass, the water beaded up, but on this piece it looked as if the whole thing was equally covered with water. I found that weird.

Another thing: It doesn't hold water as the others do. When i was washing it, on all the other pieces of glass, the water beaded up, but on this piece it looked as if the whole thing was equally covered with water. I found that weird.

see my comment above on water replleant lexus glass...

see my comment above on water replleant lexus glass...

So ALL the windows on the rx300 are water repellant? And this new one isn't? Oh great!! :censored:

DOT 23

NIPPON

safety

TP AS3

.NSG.M4K8

v EG 43R-00123

Hi there! Lexkid630

This is out of the subjects but i saw on your list that you have the "2005 GS430" too.

Sine this is one of the last with this body style. I just wonder, how much did you get them for....selling price / fee / tax???

Thanks.

Sine this is one of the last with this body style. I just wonder, how much did you get them for....selling price / fee / tax???

Thanks.

I got them down to $46,600 for the GS, not including taxes (7% RI tax) etc. I got it at a used car dealership in NH, but it was in perfect condtition with only 113 miles on it. It was just what i was looking for.

DOT 23

NIPPON

safety

TP      AS3

.NSG.M4K8

v  EG          43R-00123

Pictures of the etching on the glass. Sorry if they didn't come that clear it was hard to take pics of glass LOL

post-13420-1123015618_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1123015640_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1123015665_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1123015695_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1123015711_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1123015733_thumb.jpg