When Did You Boot The 400h Guys Out?

Dave_02RX300

I guess there's not much to talk about - the 400h runs like a rocket, gets an average of 25+ fuel mileage, and has no problems to speak of! We're all spoiled!!! :cheers:

I asked the boss for a raise and promotion - sheesh - Looks like I'll have to stay with the 02 RX300 for a while longer... I should have cashed out my stock options when you did... :-(

-Dave (also in San Diego)

P.S.: I finally saw a 400h last week (in Del Mar). Was it yours?

I was out of town for a week.

It's unfortunate the Lexus Owners Club booted out the 400h forum.

Do any of you know another forum I can find that I can get 400h info.

I thought this seemed to be a really well run forum.

Were there problems with posters?

I wish you guys best wishes

You'll find the "Hybrid Forum" several links down from where you normally click into this RX forum. So no one's been booted outta here.

I think the forum separation is a great idea since the hybrids are such different animals. It will keep conventional owners and hybrid owners from wasting so much time looking for the information they need on this board.

I asked the boss for a raise and promotion - sheesh - Looks like I'll have to stay with the 02 RX300 for a while longer...  I should have cashed out my stock options when you did...  :-( 

-Dave (also in San Diego)

P.S.:  I finally saw a 400h last week (in Del Mar).  Was it yours?

Dave,

No, we didn't cash out any stock options, just avoided fancy restaurants and expensive vacations for a year!

If the 400h you saw was Bamboo Pearl, it may have been. Typically, though, it is a bit North-East of there. I have seen one other 400h thus far - a Black one on route 56 at the 15 interchange. :cheers:

You'll find the "Hybrid Forum" several links down from where you normally click into this RX forum.  So no one's been booted outta here.

I think the forum separation is a great idea since the hybrids are such different animals.  It will keep conventional owners and hybrid owners from wasting so much time looking for the information they need on this board.

I see, unless th question has to do with Hybrid issues on the Hybrid forum, were out of luck. Since 90% of the issies we will enounter will not ultimately have to do with "Hybrid" issues, we will not have the benefit of all the previous experience of 2004 and 2005 RX330 with.

I assume the way it's set up if I say I have a RX400h and have a question about issues related to avaialbe accessories or bluetooth integration I will either have to lie and say I have a 2005 RX330 or rely on the limited experoience new Prius and RX 400h owners have.

Nothing or nobody says that you can't post a question about your 400h in the 300/330 forum. I'm sure the 300/330 owners will assist you if we can.

But it still makes perfect sense to have a separate hybrid forum. The results of the poll that was conducted on this site a month or so ago overwhelmingly confirmed that.

You're over-thinking this rocky lol. No one has booted anyone anywhere, the RX400h owners wanted their own forum so we created one. If you want to post in here about things that dont partain to the vehicle's hybrid-ness thats totally fine. In fact several RX400h owners have done that already. The hope is to have all hybrid discussion take place in that forum in the future when more Lexus models have hybrid versions. Hybrids have a unique set of concerns and discussions that don't apply to owners of traditional gas powered Lexus vehicles.

You're over-thinking this rocky lol. No one has booted anyone anywhere, the RX400h owners wanted their own forum so we created one. If you want to post in here about things that dont partain to the vehicle's hybrid-ness thats totally fine. In fact several RX400h owners have done that already. The hope is to have all hybrid discussion take place in that forum in the future when more Lexus models have hybrid versions. Hybrids have a unique set of concerns and discussions that don't apply to owners of traditional gas powered Lexus vehicles.

You’re kidding yourself. I don't remember a poll I participated in to booting me out. I have owned a ML320 and BMW 530 and participated in the Mercedes and BMW forums and never experience the elitism you see exhibited here.

I don’t have a problem with a Hybrid forum sub forum, or a Bluetooth sub forum.

In this case I’ll however there was poll where the apparently the 400h people wanted to have their own forum. Now I’ll be sharing issues not related to Hybrid issues with Prius owners who likely will not know any of the issues related even to the RX330.

I thought all I bought was an RX with a hybrid engine. Apparently we have offended the elitist Rx330 people. I had no idea this was a class issue. I thought I just bought a car.

A couple of us have tried to explain to this guy the valid and logical reasoning behind the hybrid forum but we have yet to break through his defense shields. Anybody else out there want to take a crack at it? Set your phasers on "heavy stun"....

rocky2,

If you'll take the time to read some of my RX forum posts you'll see that I'm about as far from "elitist" as you can get. The 2000 RX300 that we own is my wife's daily vehicle and I hate it more than any other vehicle I've owned in 35 years of driving. My long-term goal for that vehicle is that after she's done with it, I get to set it on fire and push it over an 800-foot cliff that I've already selected in the Blue Ridge Mountains....

Dude, if it bothers you that much just leave. I apologize that we did not specifically consult you with your 16 posts and your 45 day old membership (in fact the poll was held before you were even a member) before making this change. Something like 60 forum members participated in the poll and something like 72% wanted there to be some sort of specific RX400h forum or a hybrid forum, now there is. Why would you be conversing with Prius owners? Why would there be Prius owners on a Lexus forum? There are plenty of Prius forums, I know because I belong to them. Nobody "booted you out" we actually created you your very own forum! Have you taken the time to even look at it?

Check out the poll: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=20075

No offesne but I don't think we're the ones being elitest here. You're the one that seems to think because you, and really only you, dont see the need or want a specific hybrid forum there shouldnt be one and that we're being snobby and elitest for creating one when the overwhelming majority of your fellow members, who have been here longer than you, wanted it this way before you were even a member. Out of 18,000 members and hundreds of RX owners, dozens of RX400h owners, you feel YOU'VE been booted out. Now thats arrogance. I think thats probably the most arrogant presumption I've ever seen someone make on an Internet forum ever. And I've been participating in these things a long time and met some real "special" people.

If you're not happy with the forum or you can't be bothered to participate in two forums then you certainly dont have to stay. If all you want to do is stay here and whine and call us names then I'll help you on your way out. Your choice.

Rocky- Actually you did participate in the poll. Here's your post in it:

I believe that there should be a RX 330/400h forum.

Except for the newness of the battery /miledge/cost issues the 400h is the same as the 330.  It's the RX 300 group that should have it's own forum.

You then started another thread on the issue and further voiced your opinion here:

Except for the newness of the 400h with the battery /miledge/cost issues/discussions, 75% of the 330 topic issues of the forum apply to both the 330 and 400.  Except for the engine/transaxle/transmission the 400h is the same the 330.

From what I can see it's the RX 300 group that should have it's own forum.  Over 90% of the 300 topic issues have nothing to do with the 330.

So, you got your say before we ever added the hybrid forum. You were simply overuled. Sorry.

Rocky- Actually you did participate in the poll. Here's your post in it:

Except for the newness of the battery /miledge/cost issues the 400h is the same as the 330.  It's the RX 300 group that should have it's own forum.

You then started another thread on the issue and further voiced your opinion here:

Except for the newness of the 400h with the battery /miledge/cost issues/discussions, 75% of the 330 topic issues of the forum apply to both the 330 and 400.  Except for the engine/transaxle/transmission the 400h is the same the 330.

From what I can see it's the RX 300 group that should have it's own forum.  Over 90% of the 300 topic issues have nothing to do with the 330.

So, you got your say before we ever added the hybrid forum. You were simply overuled. Sorry.

As you confirmed, I did not ask to be booted off the RX Forum. As you also noted 300/330 owners were here first and this is your play ground.

The first time I knew the Lexus RX 400h owners were booted off the RX Forum was when it was confirmed by Dave 02RX300 who wrote "When did you boot out the 400h guys"

I still don't think since 75% or more if the issues or questions a 400h owner will have in the future will be the same as a RX330, 400h owners should relegated to exclusively only discuss those issues that both the 330 and 400h share, only on the HyBrid Forum.

It would have been helpful to be able to participate and share the vast experience of the RX community to discuss those issues that apply to both vehicles.

Oh well, as you said, we were just overruled.

What are you talking about? You'e been participating in the new hybrid forum since before this thread was started. Did you just not notice you were posting in "Hybrid Chat" instead of the RX section?

Like I've said before nobody is stopping you from posting about your RX400h in here or reading and participating in those topics here. Discussion that partains to the HYBRID SYSTEM should take place in the HYBRID FORUM. RX330 owners can offer no insight about the hybrid system because they don't have it.

As you confirmed, I did not ask to be booted off the RX Forum.

Again, why can't you get this, it doesnt matter if you asked for your own forum or not. 75% of the respondants wanted the forum, so thats what they got. Regardless of what you think the decision was not yours to make. Nobody got booted out, we simply added another forum everyone is welcome to participate in. Dave's posting of this thread and the responses to it have been in fun.

It would have been helpful to be able to participate and share the vast experience of the RX community to discuss those issues that apply to both vehicles.

Who said you can't still do that? I and others have told you 6 times in this thread that you can still do that.

Man, you are one of the more exasperating people I've met doing this...

What are you talking about? You'e been participating in the new hybrid forum since before this thread was started. Did you just not notice you were posting in "Hybrid Chat" instead of the RX section?

Like I've said before nobody is stopping you from posting about your RX400h in here or reading and participating in those topics here. Discussion that partains to the HYBRID SYSTEM should take place in the HYBRID FORUM. RX330 owners can offer no insight about the hybrid system because they don't have it.

As you confirmed, I did not ask to be booted off the RX Forum.

Again, why can't you get this, it doesnt matter if you asked for your own forum or not. 75% of the respondants wanted the forum, so thats what they got. Regardless of what you think the decision was not yours to make. Nobody got booted out, we simply added another forum everyone is welcome to participate in. Dave's posting of this thread and the responses to it have been in fun.

Who said you can't still do that? I and others have told you 6 times in this thread that you can still do that.

Man, you are one of the more exasperating people I've met doing this...

Your missing the point. I am not disputing the result of the poll. It's your forum and if you don't want to share the info on the RX 330 that is common with the RX400h because the 400h is a Hybrid I get it.

In a pinch I can cheat. I have a friend who introduced me to the RX330 fourm who has a RX 330 and if I have a question common to both the RX330 and RX400h I ask him to post the question.

I apprecaite you interest in explainig to me the vote. Good luck and if you change your mind and will in the future allow 400h owners to ask questions likely commom to both the RX330 and 400h, you can leave a note on the Hybrid forum.

One final time - you don't have to "cheat". You can ask any question you want in the RX300/330 forum. But your biggest problem now is that nobody who's been following this thread will feel like responding to you because you continue to talk (type) in circles and I believe that you're just trying to yank people's chains now.

I'm done with this thread. I imagine that most everybody else on here is as well.

Rocky- Thats stupid. You're the one thats missing the point. There's no need to cheat, if you want to ask a question as it pertains to your RX400h and you want to ask it in here thats totally fine! Ask away! No one has told you that you can't ask your question in this forum. The only things you must discuss in the Hybrid forum are things that specifically pertain to the hybrid system.

Lilr RX in NC I've grown tired of dancing around this with you and am also having a hard time deciding whether you legitimately are angrily confused or if you're just dicking around.

Thread closed.