Best Wax For Your Es?

Hey, what's the best wax to use for your ES? or I guess, what's the best wax to use for MY ES? :D

By best wax, what brings out the best shine and what's the easiest to use? I've used some where I'd have to buff forever to get the wax out... I'd prefer something that's really easy to use, like it comes off very easily, and it goes on very easily too, cuz i'm just butt lazy :lol:

well i use nothing but zimbol wax.i think im spelling it wrong but its in a light blue bottle and it gives the best dame shine i ever seen on a car but theres a trick to using it.you have to put it on with a regular wax pad but take it off immeditly because if you dont you will be buffing till next week.its extremely hard to come off if you wait even 2 minutes so what you want to do is put it on a section then buff off quick and you wont have a problem and its very easy but dont wait long because you will be hurting.i use it all the time and its the easiest to use if you do it right.it just wipes right off as long as you dont let it dry long.

Mequires all the way baby!!!!! :chairshot:

Their cleaner caruba wax (liquid version) is the absolute best.

Easy on, easier off. Being a "cleaner" it actually takes off those little imperfections that the car soap and regular wax just doesn't seem to take off.

Car soap: The only product from Amor All that I use.

Take off the water with a chamois.

i like mequires also but cleaner waxes just dont give the full shine.ive used just about every different car wax out there because i use to buy and sell cars for a living and zimbol does give a awsome finish.but if your car is dirty then yes a cleaner wax would be better and then after the cleaner wax i would try the zimbol.

bleongs more in detailing as paint is pretty much paint rather than vehicle specific

and wax is something you have to figure in time

how much do you have to waste

in doing it and tehn staring at it for a while

I believe you're talking about "Zymol". There are two types of Zymol out there, the kind you buy in stores which isn't zymol at all, its rebadged Turtle Wax, and the kind that you buy from Lexus dealers and Zymol itself. The real zymol I agree is great stuff, the store stuff, not so much. At least, if you think it is there are a whole bunch of products you gotta try!

There are two types of protectants you can put on the paint, waxes and sealants. A wax is something that we traditionally hear about, carnuaba etc. A sealant is something like Zaino or Klasse. The school of thought is that a sealant gives more shine, but less depth. It also lasts MUCH longer. A carnuaba adds more depth and "wet look" but it lasts a fraction of the time. The best carnuaba is gone in days or weeks, sealants last months to a year. Another good property of sealants is that they can be layered, waxes typically can not. A lot of people use a sealant, then top with a carnuaba to get the best of both worlds, this is what I do.

I'm using 5 coats Poorboys EX sealant topped with P21S Wax. The paint is prepped before hand with Meguiars Dual Action Cleaning Polish to remove hairline scratches and swirls, and P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser. All work done with a Porter Cable Orbital polisher. I use Poorboys High Gloss tire shine buffed to a matte finish. It looks great Lexus paint is always great to work on, especially the garnet.

The P21S Wax is heralded in the detailing community as the easiest on/off wax out there.

well i must admit i never put a sealant on my car before but yes it is zymol that i was talking about and yes the real zymol not the fake stuff.you can tell by the smell!i will have to give the sealant a try since i never did it before.do you think putting the sealant first and then the wax is best?also is zymol good to put over the sealant?one more thing is did you say you put high gloss tire shine on the cars paint?i think i miss understood but let me know.

bbsal, I get the full shine from my detailer every 4 months. I don't have the time to do a three step wax and seal job. He does the engine bay and the interior cabin so that it sparkles, too.

Until it goes to the detailer, it's meguires cleaner wax and megiuries mist and shine when I am just washing the light dirt off.

steviej

I have ordered some better ones that come of an LS.. they are Clear type with silver/orange bulb

its the law here.. very usefull too. I was in Florida couple weeks back and I had a car in my blind spot and the other car could not see i was indicating to merge lanes.

Of course he blasted his horn (never blast your horn at an englishman unless you want hand signals LOL)

When i get these new ones i will take a closer shot for you.

Yeah you'll always want to do the sealant before the wax, wax will bond to sealant, but sealant won't bond to wax. You'll want to compound, or at least wash with Dawn dishwashing liquid before the sealant to make sure the surface is wax free, otherwise the sealant will do nothing for you.

Yeah, you can use real Zymol over the sealant as long as it isn't a cleaner wax. I reccomend you try the P21S wax though, its worlds better than Zymol.

I am using Zaino. Great stuff, initial proccess is long if you want to do it right (Clay, couple of layers), but easy as Zymol after that ( I used to use Zymol). Shine is great but the polymers "Last" a long time and beads like crazy.

You definately wont be able to find P21S in any store like Pepboys. Think of it like shopping for Jean Paul Gaultier cologne at the CVS ;)

What you CAN do is find a local Harley Davidson dealer, they sell P21S products under the name "S100" for their motorcycles. Same stuff, just cheaper. If you'd rather have the actual P21S (I order it because there is no Harley dealer near me) check out their website www.p21s.com They have a state by state retailer guide. However, they only sell it in high end car care boutiques and the markup is insane.

I order mine from www.properautocare.com . They have it there for $25 a can, which is a good price. They also have another great paste wax that I'm going to try after the P21S called Pinnacle Souveran. Its kind of a debate which is better on dark paint, and since the P21S was cheaper, I thought I'd try it first. I'll tell ya, the Souveran would be hard pressed to be worth $50 more per can...

Try out the P21S, you'll love it.

Meguiars polish is good. I've had a lot of comments on how good it looks. Polish is nice because you don't have to buff it. With wax it will build up over time and you will have to buff it out. Also use Meguiars paint cleaner first.

I'm confused about your statement "polish is good because you dont have to buff it". A polish is a paint improvement step, it cleans the paint, adds oils and smooths the surface. It has no protection properties like a wax or sealant. Its like having nothing on the car at all. You MUST put a wax or a sealant on top of polished paint to get any protection at all.

And as for not havving to buff, every product has to be applied, and then wiped off...

I'm confused about your statement "polish is good because you dont have to buff it". A polish is a paint improvement step, it cleans the paint, adds oils and smooths the surface. It has no protection properties like a wax or sealant. Its like having nothing on the car at all. You MUST put a wax or a sealant on top of polished paint to get any protection at all.

And as for not havving to buff, every product has to be applied, and then wiped off...

toke the words right out my mouth!bran1974 if i was you i would get some wax on your car before you need a paint job.eventully it will kill your paint by not having any protectant on it.

just to be an !Removed!

like so many people love to do( point out the tinest litte inconsistancy or rebuttle)

lmao

don't they have stuff you can just spray on the car and walk away

lmao

what else will they think of next for the lazy

then agian i just wished all that stuff would actually work

since i am lazy

It does protect!!! Your saying it doesn't bead like wax.My car beads really good. I've talked to a lot of body guys and they say it protects. And how do you know polish doesn't protect. Also it says right on the bottle that it protects. It may not last as long without using wax also, but it protects!!!!!

Polish absolutely 100% does not protect, AT ALL. I've been detailing cars for a long time, I know a lot of detailers, anyone who tells you a polish protects is seriously blowing smoke you know where. The one and only purpose of a polish is to add oils to the paint, and to smooth and level the paint surface, thus increasing gloss. The purpose of a wax is to lay down protection. Polish wipes totally off the surface of the paint, leaving nothing behind but bare paint. Here's a little test. Soak two applicators, one in polish and one in wax. Put each in a bowl of water with a little dishwashing soap, let them sit overnight. The bowl with the polish soaked applicator will be full of polish, and the applicator will be clean. The bowl with the wax soaked applicator will have clean water, and the same applicator as before. Wax wont dissolve, polish immediately does. It offers NO protection at all.

True, some car enthusiasts do skip the protectant step and just use a polish, on garage queens that never see weather.

If you need more proof, go to www.autopia.org, one of the biggest and best auto detailing forums out there and post what you just posted here, I garuntee you'll get 100 responses of flabbergasted auto detailers telling you you're wrong.

And also, beading isnt a sign of protection, really clean paint will bead with or without anything on it. Whoever gave you that information either has no idea what they're talking about, or you misunderstood them. For one, wax doesn't buildup on a car like on a floor. For one thing, it doesnt last long enough to anyways. A carnuaba wax is 100% gone from the paint of the car within weeks or days depending on the wax. It is very fragile. Two, most waxes contain some minute cleaners, so they remove the old wax layer as the new one is applied. All you have to do to remove wax from paint is wash it with dishwashing liquid. Three, just because someone is a bodyshop guy doesnt mean he knows anything about detailing or protecting a car. He knows how to paint a panel and putty it smooth. Thats it. Take everything he says with a grain of salt, because I've heard people like that say some things that are just laughably wrong and ignorant. Saying that a polish protects like a wax, and that wax is bad and builds up, then needs to be buffed off is one of the best I've ever heard. Its totally rediculous.

I don't mean to sound like I'm going off on you or anything, but this is my forum, and I was chosen to run it because of my knowledge of detailing. What you're offering here is very bad advice, a paint finish must always be protected if it is exposed to the elements. If it isn't, then it will degrade much faster than it would otherwise. Polish is important to the detailing process, but it is just a step in between. It needs to be sealed.

Using a product like a polish as a protectant is akin to sanding a peice of wood, putting no sealant on it at all, and throwing it out in the rain. What's it gonna do? Its going to turn grey and rot. You put polish on a car and no protectant, then let it sit out in the sun, with no UV protection, the rain, with no protection from acids or rainborne contaminants, let it be exposed to tree sap and bird droppings, with nothing between them and the paint, and you're gonna really be sorry.