Best Spark Plugs For Ls

VMF

hi guys, im gettin all the parts for the tune up and timing& water pump change, i also will change all the spark wires. i'm not sure what kind of spark plugs should i use? the lexus platinum plugs or NGK IK-20 iridium plugs?

I had my 90k service for my 94' LS400 with stock Lexus platinum plugs, new water pump, 2 distributors, new driver belt, timing belt, fuel and air filters etc...Also changed and flushed all fluids.

all the parts original?

how much did u pay for everything?

i'm also changing serpentine belt and tenstionser, timing belt with both pulleys and the rest if what u said u changed, i got parts online from out of state dealer and i stocked 3 air 2 fule and 5 oil filters and transmission filter

all of the above cost me 760$ with no labor, i will do everything myself

all i have to buy is the cooling fluid, sinthetic oil and trnas fluid

• 1 year later...
DENSO. I bought the whole set for 70 bux at autozone.  Remember DENSO is OEM For Toyotas and Lexus.

I second that...

I just replaced mine at 110k and the OE plugs looked like new.

Save yourself the time and trouble of doing the job twice - go for the Densos.

hi guys, im gettin all the parts for the tune up and timing& water pump change, i also will change all the spark wires. i'm not sure what kind of spark plugs should i use? the lexus platinum plugs or NGK IK-20 iridium plugs?

What year is your LS VMF? I have the current NGK parts catalogue (with cross reference numbers to the most popular replacements.....including Denso). ;) Let me know.

:cheers:

VMF,

just had the TB job done for my 97 LS4 about 10-day ago.

remember to change out the 3x oil seals (2 @ CAM, 1@ crank pulley):

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=19816

also, it's a good timing to replace drive belt tensioner/pulley assembly since everything needs to be apart:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=19622

I did choose NGK iridium few months back, and they've been great. I got set of 8 off ebay for $50.

note:

just realizes this is an old, old post. anyway, do consider to add oil seals and drive belt tensioner to the 'to-do-list'.

Both NGK & Denso are OEM.  B)

Exactly what I was about to say :), check your owner's manual and you'll see this. I've got NGK irridium plugs in now and they're just fine. Denso or NGK, it's up to you, both are good.

VMF, it appears the plugs on your 96 LS should be replaced with laser platinum plugs.......long life iridiums are not available (NGK Iridium IX do not last as long as OE iridiums.....but they are available). I suggest you use the laser plats.

The NGK part number for your LS for Laser platinums are: BKR6EP-8 NGK stock number 2215 gap is .032

If yo insist on using the NGK IX iridiums, the part number is: BKR6EIX stock number 6418 with the same gap as above.

Denso cross reference# for laser platinum - PK20R8

Hope this helps. B)

:cheers: