Rims

I have a 92 SC400. I have a body kit(V-Speed Type 2) and am goin to have it installed and painted next summer. Also I am looking at buying large low profile rims and tires. I was wondering if 20 inch rims would fit without rub? Like a 245/35/20 in the front and 275/35/20 in the back...is this too big? 20x8.5 inch rims in front and 20x9.5 in the back. I would like your guys advice as to if this set-up would fit without any rub. If not please tell me what would be the biggest :D . I am going to be receiving a settlement check this winter for an auto accident and figured rims would be a good way to spend my money B)

I have a 92 SC400.  I have a body kit(V-Speed Type 2) and am goin to have it installed and painted next summer.  Also I am looking at buying large low profile rims and tires.  I was wondering if 20 inch rims would fit without rub?  Like a 245/35/20 in the front and 275/35/20 in the back...is this too big? 20x8.5 inch rims in front and 20x9.5 in the back.  I would like your guys advice as to if this set-up would fit without any rub.  If not please tell me what would be the biggest  :D .  I am going to be receiving a settlement check this winter for an auto accident and figured rims would be a good way to spend my money  B)

I would certainly have a professional tire and wheel shop look at your car before spending a couple thousand on wheels and tires. I just put ASA 18" rims and Pirelli tires on my 2005 SC. The front fit on my car is very close with the factory wheels, especially the width.

Good luck with your new car!

Doc Lar

I am going to be receiving a settlement check this winter for an auto accident and figured rims would be a good way to spend my money  B)

No offense......Your an idiot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA THAT IS HALARIOUS. yah id have 2 agree with him, that is a waste of money, i wouldnt spend that much $$$ on rims on money i got from an auto accident, how bout putting it in the bank 4 a start? lol nun of my biz. just a thought

I think 19" stagered set up is perfect for SC. 20" is definitly big but it is your choice and money. There is a link of my car on 19" and 2" drop. Hope this will give you some help. :)

post-10004-1117356262_thumb.jpg

Rim size and rubber choices all come down to what each individual is looking for whether it be looks or performance or some combination thereof. If you plan on driving a lot and your roads are very smooth 20" tires have a short sidewall height which might be OK but if you drive on roads with potholes etc. you will most likely end up damaging your expensive rims. Look at the choices available for different tires and rims at tirerack.com and check the advice of other members in the tire forum section. I use stock 16' rims with goodyear F1 GS D3 tires and my sc400 handles almost as well as my porsche and is a lot more comfortable. The rims may not turn heads but it is the rubber that will give you the performance. The ride quality will usually get harsher as you lower the sidewall height. A good compromise might be to go with 18" rims and tires but ultimately the choice is yours.

If you do a 245/35/19 all around it will look really good and wont be too expensive and you can also rotate your tires since they will not be offset. and the difference in overall tire height fron the stock 225/55/16 to the 245/35/19 is .006" so your speedometer will still be almost perfectly accurate try that.

I think 19" stagered set up is perfect for SC. 20" is definitly big but it is your choice and money. There is a link of my car on 19" and 2" drop. Hope this will give you some help. :)

That is a nice set up but with a body kit and a 2 inch drop i think the frunt bumper would hit on a lot of different things as far as driveways and parking lots and stuff.