Miles Per Gallon For A Gs300

Hi all,

I was just wondering how many miles you get per gallon on your GS300s. I have a 1999 GS300 and only get about 250 per gallon.

Let me know what's the norm and if I can increase that! I HAVE TO DRIVE 100 MILES TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!

Thanks in advance.

Something to think about, Neo maybe you can confirm. I have swtiched to 20" Wheels. Before I was getting 22.5-23.5 mpg (Srt Intake added 1-2 mpg's easily) Now I'm around 19 mpg. I know I have lost some mpg's for the added weight, but forgot that the increased tire size is also a factor in my milage. So after doing the math I figure I'm at 20-21 mpg's again. What's the consensus?

Hi all,

I was just wondering how many miles you get per gallon on your GS300s. I have a 1999 GS300 and only get about 250 per gallon.

Let me know what's the norm and if I can increase that! I HAVE TO DRIVE 100 MILES TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!

Thanks in advance.

I get 20 mpg city/hwy and 27 straight hwy. 2001 GS300

I got a 98 GS300 and I get about 265-275 miles on the tank. That's mostly city driving.

On the highway I could probably get between 350-375 on one tank.

16 inch or 20 inch rims. It doesnt matter. It stays about the same.

I know what you are saying.

There is a difference between the size. Because when I was going 66 mph the speedometer was showing 60 mph. That is true.

However if you consider the weight, where the 20's a lot heavier than the stock 16's, and therefore the engine has to work harder on bigger wheels causing more fuel consumption.

Overall, there might be a slight difference but its barely noticeable.

I know what you are saying. 

There is a difference between the size.  Because when I was going 66 mph the speedometer was showing 60 mph.  That is true.

However if you consider the weight, where the 20's a lot heavier than the stock 16's, and therefore the engine has to work harder on bigger wheels causing more fuel consumption.

Overall, there might be a slight difference but its barely noticeable.

I am getting 287 miles on a tank city driving, 1996 GS 300 this is a new car for me so I don't know if this is good or bad for this car. :)

Win