Rx400, Would You Do It Again?

Good question, anyone comment?

I am considering trading in my RX330 for a RX400.  My dealer  offered me a deal to trade my RX330 for the 400.

Question to owners who did this, Would you do it again?

Thanks

um i didnt do it..but i have a suggestion....have you heard about the "thunderbird edition" i would wait until that came out...besides if your gonna trade becuase of gas mileage then take this into thought....it takes 5 years to recoup that extra money you payed for a hybrid.

The 400h is environmentally cleaner, faster, better looking, and obviously more efficient. Having said that, the Thundercloud Edition is the best looking version, in my opinion. It's purely an appearance package, but a really nice one at that.

the Thundercloud has cheap plastic wheel covers. Totally not Lexus. The 400h is basically a 8 cylinder RX thats amazing on gas and only $5k more then a Nav RX MSRP, compared to a GS 430 being about $10k higher then the GS 300.

I wasn't thrilled with the Thundercloud's either. The wheels look cheap (they do have plastic trim rings, similar to a Prius's wheels) and the chrome grill looks like some ebay add-on.

Perhaps it's a question that can be better answered as time goes on due to the fact the 400h has only been on the market a very short time. :whistles:

I agree with Lexusfreak.... it is too early to know how the RX 400h will do compared to the 330. However, I am influenced by the fact that I know that I will only buy hybrids in the future for ALL the reasons we have already described.

I was in the Lexus dealership several days ago to get additional (legal) window tinting and pin stripes on my RX 400h (included in my purchase negotiation).

I was given a "loaner" of the 330 for use in shopping elsewhere while waiting for these services. I noticed that although the wood effect is attractive around the dash area, the steering wheel with partial metal was very hard, hot and uncomfortable to use in comparision to the 400h. btw, my daughter likes the dash area with wood effect better than the brushed aluminum on her RX 400h.

My guess is that the RX 330 will drop even more in price toward the end of the year when more of the RX 400h models are prevalent. I have seen big discounts on Toyotas which would be comparable to the Prius (which I have owned).

Just for this reason alone, I would not buy an RX 330 at this time.

I really liked the RX 400h "buying experience"... in addition to a good buy considering "extras" I was given to the MSRP price, the dealership offers the best customer treatment I have ever been given at any car dealership. I can get my car washed there weekly free and get "loaners" when my car is being serviced and I get personal attention... I don't really need personal attention actually but it results in a better result in what is done to my car.

Question: In purchase negotiation, I was given three years OR 20,000 miles* total of free maintenance service which includes such things as oil/filter changes, tire rotations, etc (not repairs) after the standard free service given to new cars. Supposedly, this is worth over $800 according to the dealership.

Does anyone know what this "free maintenance" is really worth?

Is this a common offer?

*I don't drive a lot in cars so the three year limit will probably be what I reach.

btw, my daughter reports a combined city and highway fuel consumption of about

26 mpg but she has only gone about 450 miles in her new RX 400h. I know she "topped off" the tank at least once before she made a highway trip of about 250 miles. She also is not worrying about reported fuel consumption until a "break in" time.

Note: She might need to have the Navigation DVD installation done again at the dealership since she has had problems with POI selections.

Good question,  anyone comment?
I am considering trading in my RX330 for a RX400.  My dealer  offered me a deal to trade my RX330 for the 400.

Thanks

I Did and now have 1000 miles on the 400H and I am more than pleased.

Better acceleration in all ranges -- gas mileage is ~ 25MPG and I like the steering feel. The brakes are a little less desirable.

I miss the tire air sensors. And wish I had air cooling in the seats.

Very pleased – worth the extra $$ --- besides I feel I will get most of that back at trade time.

:D

i don't know about this, but if all RX400h are built in Canada and let's say I've got a Japan built RX330, I'd keep the RX330 for now until the bugs of the Canadian RX400h have been cleared out. that's my two cents. ;)

Thanks

I did it and now have 1200 miles on the H -- The car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it and drive. It is much faster on acceleration than I had expected and the gas mileage is now up to 27 mpg on the last fill up (suburban driving) up 2 mpg since new.

I am very pleased. I find that it is not recognizable for what it is -- I would like to have people spot it for what it is. I have that with most of my other cars.

I was also pleased with the "deal” I got… I had 8,5K miles on my RX330 that I purchased in October 2004. I would have recieved ~ 15mpg under similar driving conditions. :)

How good a deal did you get. I am seriously considering the same. Been offered 28,500 from one dealer and 31,000 from another dealer for a trade in on my rx330.

I am very tempted to make this move.

Thanks

I did it and now have 1200 miles on the H -- The car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it and drive. It is much faster on acceleration than I had expected and the gas mileage is now up to 27 mpg on the last fill up (suburban driving) up 2 mpg since new.

I am very pleased. I find that it is not recognizable for what it is -- I would like to have people spot it for what it is. I have that with most of my other cars.

I was also pleased with the "deal” I got… I had 8,5K miles on my RX330 that I purchased in October 2004. I would have recieved ~ 15mpg under similar driving conditions. :)