1993 Sc400

Hi All,

I am currently looking at purchasing a 1993 SC400 in preparation of selling my 2001 loaded LS430 (future job outsourcing concerns). The seller claims that the car has keyless entry but only has the standard key. Can anyone confirm that Lexus offered keyless entry on the 1993 SC400? I know the keys are expensive.

I remember getting on for my 1996 ES300 and if memory serves me it was well over 100 dollars for the key and the programming to have it open my car?

Thanks for any feedback.

Chris

:geek: I had the same problem. I had a remote start with trunk release and door locks installed (Valet) for $222.00

Hi All,

I am currently looking at purchasing a 1993 SC400 in preparation of selling my 2001 loaded LS430 (future job outsourcing concerns). The seller claims that the car has keyless entry but only has the standard key. Can anyone confirm that Lexus offered keyless entry on the 1993 SC400? I know the keys are expensive.

I remember getting on for my 1996 ES300 and if memory serves me it was well over 100 dollars for the key and the programming to have it open my car?

Thanks for any feedback.

Chris

LATEST UPDATE - I called the Lexus dealer last night - ONE remote key is FIVE HUNDRED and TEN DOLLARS PLUS NINETY DOLLARS LABOR PLUS PA STATE SALES TAX - I bought the car Tuesday night and I love it...but Lexus really takes advantage of their customers when it comes to keys. If the car was a Ford, Chevrolet, or Chrysler I could get keys made for five bucks at Home Depot.

I am currently in contact with the wholesaler and the dealer where the car was traded to see if they can track down the original keys. The only key that came with the car is the valet key and it does not lock the glove box or open the trunk.

• 5 months later...

I was looking for replacement keyless entry remotes not too long ago and I found a site that had them for $39.99 for my 96 SC400.

I had them delivered in less than a week and the programming instructions only took maybe 10 seconds?

Anyways, here's a link to the site:

Https://www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

Just click the Lexus category, or type SC400 in their search box.