Lexus Of Bayridge N.y./60k Service Price Qoute

My 2000/RX300/AWD just hit the 60k mark.

I called Lexus of Bayridge in N.Y. (Located in Brooklyn) for a 60k service price qoute, and sure enough the qoutes was over the top!!!!!!

Full Service Qoute = $1.600 for a full service which includes Timming belt & Water pump replacement,Tran flush, sparks, Oil change etc.etc... which i questioned the sales person about the replacement of the belt and water pump at 60k??? normally it's at 100 or 120k...

His answer to my question was they recomend 60k, but if you want to take chance at 120k good luck!!!! "hey was that a scare tactic" :blink:

then came the secound qoute faster than a speeding bullet!!!!!!!!!

Basic service = $600.00 just for oil and tranny,fuilds,filter etc. etc... at this point i thought to myself you might as well hit me over the head with a chair :chairshot: (it'll hurt less!!!)

If anybody has any suggestions on where else can i go please post them!!!! thanks :D

Unless the the RX300 engine is for some reason different than the ES300 engine (which is ridiculous) you shouldn't have to worry about the timing belt until 90k. They're pulling your chain. I'd find a decent Toyota dealer or indy to do your 60k instead to avoid the high prices. Spark plugs should be changed at 60k though.

They are both right. 90k on timing belt replacements

60k should get all fluids and fliters including spark plugs.(the rear three are a b*tch to change)

The only dealer that has done the right thing for me has been Rallye. It's not cheap but I have always found they do what they say and have always gone out of their way to help me out when needed. If price is your issue, it is a tough call. Their are alot of hacks out there. I stopped going to my local service because even though he is a nice guy and the price was right he new nothing special about my car. I would go back three times for everything. How much is three days of work lost to you.

Be aware that the Denso iridium spark plugs are typically good for 120,000 miles with no problems. So is the Denso timing belt - my local Lexus service manager admits that if the vehicle has been cared for properly, the original timing belt rarely wears out until 150,000 miles or so. I plan to change ours at 120,000 miles.

• 3 weeks later...

go to lex of masapequa. lexus of bayridge is owned by the same retarted family that owns lexus of manhattan, they are all a bunch of good for nothing crooks. spend less of your hard earned money elsewhere. you'll be glad you did.

• 4 weeks later...
My 2000/RX300/AWD just hit the 60k mark.

I called Lexus of Bayridge in N.Y. (Located in Brooklyn) for a 60k service price qoute, and sure enough the qoutes was over the top!!!!!!

Full Service Qoute = $1.600 for a full service which includes Timming belt & Water pump replacement,Tran flush, sparks, Oil change etc.etc... which i questioned the sales person about  the replacement of the belt and water pump at 60k??? normally it's at 100 or 120k...

His answer to my question was they recomend 60k, but if you want to take chance at 120k good luck!!!! "hey was that a scare tactic" :blink: 

then came the secound qoute faster than a speeding bullet!!!!!!!!!

Basic service = $600.00 just for oil and tranny,fuilds,filter etc. etc... at this point i thought to myself you might as well hit me over the head with a chair  :chairshot: (it'll hurt less!!!)

If anybody has any suggestions on where else can i go please post them!!!! thanks :D

ive dealt with them off & on since 96 and feel the ezact same way