Camera, Amp, X-over, Speakers Added

I finished my project ... almost. Took my wife's es300 apart and to the already installed Toyota Nav system, I added a Eclipse BEC-104 Camera for rear vision. It automatically activates when car is in reverse. It's a plug and play affair since the manufacturer is the same between the Toyota Nav and the Eclipse counterpart.

I removed the Factory JBL amplifier and ran the line outs to the trunk. The nav has ONLY line level outputs. No speaker lever outputs. I then routed these to the Epicenter in the rear which then goes into the Audio control 2xs x-over feeding a Xtant amplifier running all the speakers.

Front speakers are MB quart reference speakers. I wanted to try diamond audio speakers and addded those to the rear. I was not impressed with these.

The Epicenter control is mounted in the glovebox. The sub is the factory crap pioneer at the moment. Soon to be changed out.

Rear view mirror has been changed out to a auto-dimming/compass mirror

All the audio components are mounted in a custom enclosure in the trunk. Pictures to follow of everything....

I finished my project ... almost.  Took my wife's es300 apart and to the already installed Toyota Nav system, I added a Eclipse BEC-104 Camera for rear vision.  It automatically activates when car is in reverse.  It's a plug and play affair since the manufacturer is the same between the Toyota Nav and the Eclipse counterpart. 

I removed the Factory JBL amplifier and ran the line outs to the trunk.  The nav has ONLY line level outputs.  No speaker lever outputs.  I then routed these to the Epicenter in the rear which then goes into the Audio control 2xs x-over feeding a Xtant amplifier running all the speakers. 

Front speakers are MB quart reference speakers.  I wanted to try diamond audio speakers and addded those to the rear.  I was not impressed with these. 

The Epicenter control is mounted in the glovebox.  The sub is the factory crap pioneer at the moment.  Soon to be changed out.

Rear view mirror has been changed out to a auto-dimming/compass mirror

All the audio components are mounted in a custom enclosure in the trunk.  Pictures to follow of everything....

yeah- sounds awesome!

The camera runs 200 dollars. MB Quarts are the best speakers I have used. I have used them for 10 years now. I tried Diamond and felt the MB's were better. The camera is ECLIPSE camera but works perfectly with the toyota nav system I have. It is a plug and play camera. No cutting at all with the toyota nav.

I just took some pics today and will post them shortly. I am testing a video module soon so the passanger can watch video in the car on the nav screen or switch to rear camera mode while driving forward. All using the current software on the nav and current buttons on the nav. No additional switches. I will keep everyone posted. So far the Nav has

XM Satellite Radio Toyota Module

Rear Camera Unit

External Amp and Sound system