Are You Financing Or Paying Cash For Rx400h?

But they dont make a kickback on the sale of the financing. Dealers actually get less when you pay in cash, or finance outside the dealer etc.

Not to burst your bubble, but you're not going to get 28k for an 03 RX300 with 65,000 miles on it, 20k maybe if its in better shape than your GS was which I doubt from you saying how many problems it has.

But they dont make a kickback on the sale of the financing. Dealers actually get less when you pay in cash, or finance outside the dealer etc.

Not to burst your bubble, but you're not going to get 28k for an 03 RX300 with 65,000 miles on it, 20k maybe if its in better shape than your GS was which I doubt from you saying how many problems it has.

I was thinking the same thing, no way you can get $28k from an 03 RX300, especially not when dealers are selling brand new RX330's at or below invoice.

At first I was reluctant to post, but since SW had already bursted the bubble ..... :whistles:

Just wondering if you guys are financing or paying cash for your RX400h.  If you guys financed, what kind of terms did you guys get?  Also what company are you guys financing from?

For the amount we financed, I was able to get 3.49% during our credit union's grand opening. The normal rate is 4.75%.

..wishing...and hoping...and thinking..and praying..LOL It's only a dream ;)

Just wondering if you guys are financing or paying cash for your RX400h.  If you guys financed, what kind of terms did you guys get?  Also what company are you guys financing from?

My dealer said they could swing financing with a 4.5% or 5% interest rate because I have good credit (over 800.) I didn't ask for any more details though.

what about lease deals? Anyone doing that?

My thought was that when the 2008 models come out there may be some improvements that I will want to have, so being on a lease might make it easier to swap up...

thoughts?

what about lease deals? Anyone doing that?

My thought was that when the 2008 models come out there may be some improvements that I will want to have, so being on a lease might make it easier to swap up...

thoughts?

Leasing is considered to be a good choice finacially if the vehicle is used for business. However for most people, the better choice is an outright purchase. I'll bet the resale value remains high for some time.

I wanted to put the entire cost of my 400h on my credit card (which gives me 1% cash back) but the salesman said that they only allow people to put $2500 max on credit cards. So I went with the check option. I was suprised they took my personal check, but was glad because getting a cashier's check for me is a pain (checking account bank has no local branch.)

I wanted to put the entire cost of my 400h on my credit card (which gives me 1% cash back) but the salesman said that they only allow people to put $2500 max on credit cards.  So I went with the check option.  I was suprised they took my personal check, but was glad because getting a cashier's check for me is a pain (checking account bank has no local branch.)

We will be writing a check... (cash takes too long to get out of the ATM :D ).

I like this idea of using a credit card for partial payment though... I could get airline miles!! I'll see what our dealer's policy is. Thanks for the tip!

I financed through the dealer for convenience purposes. I was surprized when they gave me 4.4%, as I was expecting to get 9.9 or something that would be a huge profit center for the dealership. My intent from the beginning was (and still is) to switch over to my credit union (@ 3.70%) right after that, because the credit union will "buy" my loan for $100 cash. So I get a better rate and $100 fun money to boot!

• 1 month later...

So it turns out our dealer (Longo, El Monte, CA) would only let us put $1,000 on the Visa. But hey, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick (as my Dad would say). So we wrote a check for the rest. When we bought the LS430 in 2002 they asked for a cashier's check, but this time just a personal check was enough. :unsure:

Leasing costs in the south Florida area. 36 months 0 down (out of pocket), $704.00 per month without sales tax, 12,000 miles per year. Only option on vehicle was heated front seats, which I don't know why they put this option in a Florida vehicle. How does this compare with others out there?

Also my dealer advertises they have 40 RX400h's in stock. Walked in & took delivery in 1 day. Don't know if I'm allowed to mention their name, so I'm

leaving it off.

I was able to privately sell my 2003 RX-300 for $32,500 and paid off the balance in cash. Being semi-retired I don't want long term payments for years to come.

• 1 month later...
I wanted to put the entire cost of my 400h on my credit card (which gives me 1% cash back) but the salesman said that they only allow people to put $2500 max on credit cards.  So I went with the check option.  I was suprised they took my personal check, but was glad because getting a cashier's check for me is a pain (checking account bank has no local branch.)

the dealer in Vegas, allowed 5000 on credit card and rest by personal check. I paid "cash".

no regrets.