Demographic Question

pushatam

I was wondering what ages you guys/gals are in this forum who own and personally drive your rx300. I just feel like an outcast because i am a 21 year old male who drives an rx300...I feel that, typically, people of my age are in sports cars from honda civics to 3 series bimmers.

by the way, the other alternative to my rx300 was the 3.2 TL type-S...i loved the feel/comfort of the rx300 as soon as i sat in the seat compared to the TL.

I was wondering what ages you guys/gals are in this forum who own and personally drive your rx300. I just feel like an outcast because i am a 21 year old male who drives an rx300...I feel that, typically, people of my age are in sports cars from honda civics to 3 series bimmers.

by the way, the other alternative to my rx300 was the 3.2 TL type-S...i loved the feel/comfort of the rx300 as soon as i sat in the seat compared to the TL.

I am 55 and was 49 when I bought my RX300. I was into sports cars for years and repaired, raced, and restored british sports cars. MG, Triumph, and Jaguar. moving into Honda's and finally the Lexus. Hope you have the two wheel version for your transmission sake. Good Luck

I think age has less to do with car ownership tendencies than position in life and hobbies and interests and such.

Let me take the liberty of being not PC and guess what you are like, if you're a single male and driving an RX300, then you may be a political activist, not into the outdoors (otherwise you would have gotten a real SUV like a Jeep), slightly overweight (prefers comfy things), and value conscious. How many of those did I get right ? ....... Before you pass judgement, I'm just having some fun on my lunch hour.

Let me take the liberty of being not PC and guess what you are like, if you're a single male and driving an RX300, then you may be a political activist, not into the outdoors (otherwise you would have gotten a real SUV like a Jeep), slightly overweight (prefers comfy things), and value conscious. How many of those did I get right ? .......  Before you pass judgement, I'm just having some fun on my lunch hour.

im not single, i have a gf... i suppose, legally i am single though

i am not a political activist...maybe you guessed that because i am in berkeley right now.

you are right, i am definately not into the great outdoors

im actually underweight... 5'4" and 115 lbs

im definately value conscious... although everyone probably is but i like to do intensive (but not extreme) research when buying stuff.

this is fun, you werent that bad

I was wondering what ages you guys/gals are in this forum who own and personally drive your rx300. I just feel like an outcast because i am a 21 year old

Let's see... where to begin... sure I would have loved to own/drive an RX300 when I was 21. But they were not made back in them days... I think the range of ages for this vehicle will vary across the board, but more or less depend on COH (cash on hand).

BTW - I also test-drove the Acura TL. I thought it was great, and better finished than the Saab95. But I require the capacity of the RX300 for stuffing the bicycles in the back...

-Dave

I have an 00 Acura TL and 00 RX300. SUV for towing my wave runner and TL for performance driving. Not a political activist until last year when

BUxx

SHxx

got re-elected, twenty something and single when I bought both cars. Definitive value conscious

I am 28, but was 25 when I purchased our 99 RX. My wife and I had only been married for about a month when we got it. She had a Camaro with 158K on it so I wanted to uload it on someone before it completely fell apart. Glad we got the RX because a little baby girl came 10 months after :o

It all depends on your tastes of cars. I was 26 when I bought my RX330 in 2003. However, my wife drives it to work most of the time. Her employers were blown away when they saw a 23 year old college student driving a 2004 RX330. The both of them own BMW's and are both real estate brokers/loan officers. You're not an odd ball. You just have great taste in your vehicles.

This is my wife's primary vehicle (we're both 51) - I'm way too tall for it and dislike its underpowered characteristics. In our neck of the woods, the RX series has always been a soccer-mom vehicle. 95% of the drivers are female.

i was 25 when i bought my 2000 rx300. i'm a single dad holdin' it down and this had the room, comfort, and amenities that i was lookin' for...i'm still rollin' it but now it sits on 20's with a lowered stance and monochrome paint job...i'm thinkin' bout my next car already...mebbe the rx400h or the new gs300 awd...aww yeah.

i guess im the youngest rx300 owner :)... and yeah im buying the car on my own. im up there now with all the women rx300 drivers. i dont care though. Love the car!

I don't know why the rx is a woman's car ?!? It looks really nice. Well that's to me...

I suppose you're pretty young for just about any luxury car. Most peole in their 20's cant really afford a Lexus and are usually more interested in performance. As you get older (and wiser) you tend to get more practical (something most performance cars arent. I've owned both a Mustang and a Camaro). I'm 39 now and when I was 37 I traded in a Dodge 4x4 truck and got my RX 300 (WISER!) I can still haul all my racquetball, baseball and yes camping gear. Who are we kidding here most campsites (even fairly remote ones) are populated by minivans, sedans and RV's, the RX's all wheel drive is more capable than any of those types of vehicles.

Its true that the RX is very popular with women (probably because of its practicality) but its more of a 65/35 split rather than the ridiculous 95% figure mentioned elsewhere. And Yes this even applikes in areas where manhood may be judged by the size of your truck and not your brain (or anything else)

Note: I seem to find Subarus are more of an Activist vehicle, Go figure!

Geez, I'll fess up. Both my wife and I are 50, bought our RX-300 when

we were 49. She claims it was to cover my mid-life crisis, I claim it was an

investment from having previous poor trade-in vehicles.

We first needed to cover the cost of our son's college, THEN a little

money for rainy day fund, THEN a better car......btw, we traded in a

Pontiac Bonneville and she drives her Nissan Altima V-6 (and it's newer

too).

PharmGuy (Paul)

• 1 month later...

MALE

AGE 24

I have noticed that there are more women than men that drive RX 300's as well. I bought a 1999 RX 300 AWD a few months ago and like it just fine. It has 75k miles on it and drives well.

I now make a point to notice the s*x of each RX 300 driver...usually as mentioned by a previous post... ~65% women 35% men.

I am a single male and was 29 when I bought my first LS (one of the first 1990s in the country). I have had 5 more of the LS series, 1 SC400, and now my RX at age 43. I love my LS when I want to go out on the town, but my RX is my daily driver. The LS was purchased in Aug of 2004 and only has 3400 miles on it as of today. :D

My wife [age 58 ] is the owner of the 2000 RX300. I'm age 60 and my vehicle is an '01 Silverado. Being an old hot rodder I probably have the philosophy that anything made after 1970 is junk, but the RX300 has been somewhat of an exception to my rule. [ Even with some of the problems it's had ] One of my earlier cars was a 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet Mustang that I bought new for LESS than the price of just a few of the the RX330 Option Packages. [ Under $4000.00 ] That car today, in excellent condition, would probably bring in EXCESS of $50,000.00. OK I'm through now!

My wife [age 58 ] is the owner of the 2000 RX300.  I'm age 60 and my vehicle is an '01 Silverado.  Being an old hot rodder I probably have the philosophy that anything made after 1970 is junk, but the RX300 has been somewhat of an exception to my rule.  [ Even with some of the problems it's had ]  One of my earlier cars was a 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet Mustang that I bought new for LESS than the price of just a few of the the RX330 Option Packages.  [ Under $4000.00 ] That car today, in excellent condition, would probably bring in EXCESS of $50,000.00.  OK I'm through now!

Both myself & wife in mid forties. I agree with you Bowtie about cars built after 1970. However in starting in 1990 quality, especially with Japanese cars got much better. I figuired you may be a Chevy guy with a name like Bowtie. I've owned a 1969 Chevelle for over 25 years & numerous old muscle cars.

I am 31 and my wife is 29 and we don't have kids. She has the sports car (G35) and I have the SUV. We find that its best to have one of each to fill what your requirements for that day are. I have had an RX since '02.

I am 27 but I bought my 04 RX330 for my wife who is 24 (traded in her '00 mustang) No kids. This was the first SUV we test drove and after driving everything else from 4runners, sequoias, envoys, tahoes, and highlanders we came back and bought the RX. Overall we have been happy and I like driving it after climbing out of my fullsize truck.

post-18526-1118772580_thumb.jpg