2003 Es Rear Spoiler

On an '03 I paid $386.96 for a painted spoiler from Spoilerdepot, plus $130.35 to get it installed from my Lexus dealer Grand Total: $517.31 The dealer wanted $863.53 for their aftermarket spoiler so I actually saved $346.22, besides I like the Spoilerdepot's spoiler much better! :)

is installation of a spoiler hard? i was talking to a friend, and he told me that his friend, who's also my friend (but i haven't seen the guy in a while), offered to install the spoiler for my friend's car, so i'm thinking he'd also do it for me, but it's not like the guy's a mechanic or anything either, just a student... is it worth paying that much money to the dealer to have them install it?

I didn't want to take the chance of having someone with limited knowledge working on my new car. They have to drill holes in the trunk lid and if they're not positioned right it wouldn't look good. Also, I watched the Lexus mechanic do the job and he knew exactly what wires to attach the LED light from the spoiler, how to remove the inside paneling and in general he was experienced in doing this job efficiently. Actually, my Lexus dealer wanted $90 per hour and putting on a spoiler is considered a 2 hour job. I talked him down and he did the job for $120 plus tax.

This is a fairly simple job to do though if the person doing it is careful. Remember though the old adage, "Don't be Penny Wise and Pound Foolish".

Not true! When I step on the brake both the high mount stop light and the LED spoiler light works together. If you prefer it can be hooked up so only the LED in the spoiler works. I like it better that both are working since you really notify the driver behind you more so that you're braking. ;)

Alan (amf1932) and I have the same spoiler.

I actually got my through the dealership I bought the car at.

The grand total for spoiler and installation was $650.00. They just happen to have one in silver in stock in the parts department.

The mechanic did scratch it, so they took $100 off the grand total.

I saw the scratch but didn't say anything to see if they would offer up some money. I took the scratch out with a little rubbing compound and then a cleaner wax.

Both the high mount and LED brake lights work. The LED is wired into the high mount, so no it is not one or the other. I could agree with amf1932 more, all the more notice to the driver behind you.

have it done right and have it done once.

steviej

Don't like the looks of that one though.

I personally prefer it when the spoiler only lights up. I'm kicking the idea around myself, but I'm kicking around everything pretty much ;)

I really like the looks of Steve and Alan's.

ProZac, that is the spoiler that you can get on the Camry through Toyota. Not original.

I like the style of mine better, it is smoother and flows with the lines of the 02/03 ES better. just my $0.02.

steviej

Lexus ES in Oman :

3.0 L with 232 HP

They have sport version with Aero Exterior Package & Spoiler

http://www.lexusoman.com/images/es300_topshot.jpg

http://www.lexusoman.com/images/es300_backshot.jpg

The spoiler looks good... but the under body kit... looks little weird

http://www.lexusoman.com/select/es300speci...ifications.html

Why we (US) don't have those ?.. US buyers are not rich enough .. :-)

Drive ?... I'm not sure...

You should check with the dealer.. to know whether your ES is waterproof or not...

also floating... too... :-)

I saw the picture of a white ES with this such spoiler (someone post in the ES300 forum of this website)... it doesn't look as cool as spoilerdepot version... it looks very elegant