1995 Es Intake

Hey there...what would be a good intake for my 95 es?

Have there been any reviews or something?

And what about cold air or regular..

Post up what you have and what type! thanks

Ps. i did read the faq, but i wanna kno ones that lots of ppl have, or that are good. and ur opinion of ca or not

SO i take it you are trying to be a Jackass then 1995..........

I have been around here alot longer than you and most others i think i have more of a good reputation than you can come by.

Why do i even bother with stupid people like you.

well i have a Weapon-R short ram intake. SKperformance hates it and says its *BLEEP* but i LOVE it. there is an increase in power, and SK cant say there isnt when i actually have it, and the sound it produces is amazing. go to the weapon r website and you can order it thee i believe, look for a lexus one but if it doesn thave it then the camry same year is the same.

Remeber it is nothing personal Kyle i know the weapon r one is crap just by its short arm design , their never has been a design that breathes hot engine air that can creat more power ,It is impossible.

i have made 5 designs of intakes for the ES including a short arm, yah at first it seemed better ,but only because the cars engine was cold still. Also the throttle response was improved due to the shorter air pipe. That is the one and only improvment to an engine with an shortarm intake.

After makeing 4 more designs with a cold air system the results are definte and proved with a dyno.

I know lots of people who had the same design and said they had way more power also then after carbon problems coming out thier asss decide to put back the stock box with out the water ballast and could not belive how much power they lost.

You want to say you gained power get a dyno and prove it but i know you won;t be able to .

Just as it says in every cars manual " drive carefully, even with active stability controls you cannot defeat the laws of physics"

ok,i know we have different opinions. What do you mean by carbon problems... plus dont a few 100mph runs fix that anyways:)

I love the sound though,and the new torque curve it creates and the better response. EVEN if i do lose up just a couple horses, with those advantages im willing to take that loss. What do you suggest?They dont sell CAI for the es300. i can get metal pipe and make a homemade CAI but the airflow wont be as good obviously with it, and plus ill need to buy a bypass valve, AND on top of that since the filter is foam it will belike *BLEEP* in the rain i think. I will prabably not gain any horses with the homemade CAI b\c liek i said its homemade ,and not professianlly like u did urse, but on top of that i would lose the better response.

also u said that hole that is there from the outside is lik blowing cold air at a hot turkey in the oven with a straw,well guess what the regular filter was trying to power the whole engine through that straw. So i cant see how the fact that the engines load is much less trying to get the sme amount of air compared to breathing hotter air can even be compared.

again maybe im wrong,just tell me what im saying wrong..

also u said that hole that is there from the outside is lik blowing cold air at a hot turkey in the oven with a straw,well guess what the regular filter was trying to power the whole engine through that straw. So i cant see how the fact that the engines load is much less trying to get the sme amount of air compared to breathing hotter air can even be compared.

again maybe im wrong,just tell me what im saying wrong..

Aren't you the same guy who complains about poor gas mileage in another thread? Why do you ask for advice, when you won't accept it? Driving around with a WeaponR at best is just plain ricer stuff. Put your stock intake back on, reset the ECU, and keep your foot off the floorboards. Listening to that "wonderful sound" and excercising that great imaginary torque and HP is pouring gas out your tailpipe.

hey bartkat, its not "ricer" b\c 1. i dont say it makes my caar super fast 2. youy cant hear the sound except for really jstu in the cabin or maybe 2 feet away from the car when gas is given.

I fu noticed my other thread i asked for advice and i got advice and im working on it as u can see, but obviously when i put it the weapon R my MPG IMPROVED for about 2 months and just recently has my MPG been going bad,but ichanged the filter so its not that. So obviously the intake is not the problem,so stop giving bad advice. Atleast SK is jsut giving his opinion and backing it up, and not just flaming.

Tempers are starting to flair up and in several posts there have been rude derogatory comments made.

Either you boys learn to play nice and discuss this subject on a mature level or I close the thread.

signed,

The Moderator

Agreed keep it civil.

Just changign the filter element or cleaning it will not chaneg the properties of the intake.

The best and cheapest it to use the ctock airbox with a K&N filter( not much if any gain) but by removing the big plastic water/sound ballast it will improve the volume efficency with a reduced intake temp from the short arm.

But seriously i know after reading your other post you are going to need a motorvac to remove the deposits left from the short arm . As well as removing the arm intake if you want to keep the carbon build up from reappearing.

hey 1995 es300, SK is one of the most reputable members on this board,we mightdisagree on a topic or two but he helps with everyones problems so !Removed!!

But refering back to the question, pretty much you can get a short ram intake and risk the lose of a little bit of power but the gain of mpg and a throutier sound, or you can make your own cold air intake. Otherwise another comprimise is to drill holes in the bottom of the plastic box of your filter,that should help alot too.

..... so !Removed!!

Between the calling members stupid and this !Removed!. THAT DID IT!!!

I ask members to have a mature discussion and be civil to each other and I get this.

This thread is closed.

If you wish to continue with each other, take it to PM!

Any further outbursts of this nature in open forum and I will start warning people for being rude and disrespectful.

steviej

ES Forum Moderator.