2006 Gs430 Dropped W/ 20" Hre/iforged Wheels...

I have a set of 20" LowenHart BR5 rims that were on my 2002 GS430. I've yet to put them on my 2006 as of yet but when I do I'll post a pic. As for lowering, not sure there will be room the wheel wells are smaller then the 2002. We shall see.

Hi everyone!  New to the board.  Alright, now that I got your attention with the title...  Who will be the first to do it?

I'm planning on putting 20's on mine but I am hesitant to lower it because of two things, the smaller wheel well and the long front over hang. Right now it just barely clears the drive way.

I wouldn't do any wheel & tire mods to the 2006 GS while the car is under factory warranty.....your asking from trouble.  :whistles:

:cheers:

Not true sir, matter a fact the Lexus dealer in my town sells 20' rims for my old 2002 gs430. Also I took my car in for some warranty work with the 20's and nobody said one word about them other then how nice they looked.

As for lowering the car, a person could have the stock springs worked as I did on my 2002 gs430

• 1 month later...

I put 20" rims on my 2006. What do you guys think?

The only problem I am experiencing is a "Low-tire pressure" warning light that comes on the dash.

The problem is Lexus puts tire pressure sensors in the stock 17" rims I had and they sensor will not properly fit in my custom rims.

Does anyone know of a way around it??

heres a pic of my car....

look in my album if the link doesn't work....sorry i dont' know how to post pictures in the thread...

2006 Quartz Shadow Metallic Lexus GS430.        20" Armano Hampton Rims with P-Zero Tires

hey 06gs430, i was wondering if you are having a "Low-tire pressure" warning light on your dash after you put the custom rims on? do u know of a way around this problem?

Sux having a $50k car with that stupid warning....you think lexus would have thought about people putting custom rims on these cars

• 1 month later...
2006 Quartz Shadow Metallic Lexus GS430.        20" Armano Hampton Rims with P-Zero Tires

that's a beautiful colour....what colour does it look like in person??? also if you dont mind, it requires some work, can you get me the colour code of your paint from your door sill...I wanna mix up the colour at work to see how it looks...me and dad do body work and he's starting to work on painting with me...

thanx

Since the Lexus will be driven primarily by my dad, I have decided to not splurge like I would normally do. I refuse to have a stock car in the family :) I have gone through a set of HRE's on my car and I loved them. I would definitely do another set, but I wanted to try other companies. I can get HRE's or any wheels for pretty cheap, but knowin the way my dad drives, he'll curb the hell out of the wheels in no time...And that is why I'm gettin a more "cheaper" set of rims for it...

• 4 weeks later...

paid so much for the car, and got those wheels?....

sorry i just dropped almost 60k on a car, next time i'll make sure to get rims you approve of.

hey 06gs430, i was wondering if you are having a "Low-tire pressure" warning light on your dash after you put the custom rims on? do u know of a way around this problem?

Sux having a $50k car with that stupid warning....you think lexus would have thought about people putting custom rims on these cars

i was worried about the same thing, however it isn't an issue for me, somehow the guys who put my rims on, managed to somehow fit the sensors into my rims. no problems so far, except for horrible scarping. the wheel rubs agains the wheel well. the tires are pretty much being carved. i dont know what to do.

akim please keep negative comments to yourself.

its funny you say that when you keep posting your rude comments about how unbalanced my poll is and calling me stupid when i make a friendly suggestion..dont b throwing rocks if u live in a glass house ;) bieng a mod u should set an example