Dad Whacked My Car

ArmyofOne

This morning at 615am, my dad comes upstairs and wakes me up.

he tells me he was backing out of the driveway and hit my car.

29934DCP02430-med.JPG

29934DCP02428-med.JPG

29934DCP02429-med.JPG

I see hood repair, headlight mounting panel, fender replaced, 2 lights, and i might as well go ahead and get a new bumper too....

JUST IN TIME FOR THE FRICKIN MEET on the 16th...I AM SOOOOOOOOO p!ssed!

The bumper was already FUBARED before he hit it...

This morning at 615am, my dad comes upstairs and wakes me up.

he tells me he was backing out of the driveway and hit my car.

29934DCP02430-med.JPG

29934DCP02428-med.JPG

29934DCP02429-med.JPG

I see hood repair, headlight mounting panel, fender replaced, 2 lights, and i might as well go ahead and get a new bumper too....

JUST IN TIME FOR THE FRICKIN MEET on the 16th...I AM SOOOOOOOOO p!ssed!

The bumper was already FUBARED before he hit it...

OUCH !!! I really feel your pain and I hope that repairs come quick . What did he hit it with ? And how is the other vehicle ? :cries:

He hit it with our F150. the truck is fine, only a 1 inch cratch on the chrome bumper...

if it gets written off, then allstate will no longer be my parents insurance co (they have been with them for 28 years). after discussing it *calmly* with my mother, she said they would just take it to a bodyshop and have it fixed, to avoid the insurance hassles and having my cars record blemished forever. the hood looks like it can be repaired, and the mounting panel for the headlights is fine, its just the headlight itself, the fender and parking light.

this sucks...

daytime pix:

29934DCP02431-med.JPG

29934DCP02433-med.JPG

29934DCP02432-med.JPG

29934DCP02434-med.JPG

not sure whats wrong with my camera ATM, sorry for the blurry pix.

Cleanup <_< :

29934DCP02435-med.JPG

29934DCP02436-med.JPG

29934DCP02438-med.JPG

O took the parking light off too, since i dont think it would stay on at freeway speeds.

Damn he hit this car hard, it fared pretty good. he hit it hard enough to knock glass halfway across the street.

does anyone find it odd that my headlight lesnes are actually glass and not acrylic? that would explain why they are not hazed.

I'm sorry to hear about this. :cries: Sheesh, when does it stop. I'm sure it'll get repaired and be just as good or better than before. I'm sorry you will have to deal with this mess; when my LS was hit, it was a true nightmare-stupid bodyshops, rental cars, insurance co's, etc. Best of luck with all of this....

:cheers:

Sorry to hear Army! :( I feel your pain!

My Dad actually had my car (at the time it was a 1991 Olds 88 brougham) stolen as he left the car running while he "ran in the bank for less than 30 seconds & came back.....it was gone"! :chairshot: You would think the Kids would do this kind of thing to the parents vehicles, but not the other way round. I'm sure he feels just terrible about it. :( :cries:

when things like this happen, always look for the positives.

1. you get a whole new bumper and light. you needed the bumper bigtime anyways

2. your dad has to pay for it.

3. you don't have to pay the deductable.

4. your dad has to pay for it.

5. there will be more meets and when there is your car will look 20x better then if this hadn't happened.

6. your dad has to pay for it.

steviej

PS. did I say you dad has to pay for it? :P

1.  you get a whole new bumper and light.  you needed the bumper bigtime anyways

2.  your dad has to pay for it.

3.  you don't have to pay the deductable.

4.  your dad has to pay for it.

5.  there will be more meets and when there is your car will look 20x better then if this hadn't happened.

6.  your dad has to pay for it.

steviej

PS.    did I say you dad has to pay for it?   :P

there is a catch, he wont pay for the bumper. it was wack before he hit me. so he said no.

We cant claim on insurance, i called them this morning if we claimed the Hood, Fender, Bumper, both bumper signals, Mounting Panel (it is indeed broken) and the headlight and parking light, they will write me a check for the value and brand it SALVAGED. becuase the the damage would exceed the value of the car.

if i can find a used bumper, then it might be a possibily just to have them paint it at the same time.

so:

1. The light he hit was my good one, i REALLY needed the one on the right.

2. My mom tried to tell me i was parked to close to the driveway (not buyin it!!!) and that i may have to fess up half the damages.

3. the deductible wont matter, if they claim it on insurance, i get a check for $2,000 and thats it. im not willing to take that since i just spent $4,000 in repairs.

4. again, maybe not all of it.

5. Good point.

6. and then we come back to maybe not.

the thing that really irritates me the most is, that if i backed into his truck (and managed not to decimate my poor lexi) then he sure as *BLEEP* would have made me pay for the ENTIRE thing. now he only wants to pay for half? WTF is that? My car was parked! i was 100 feet away, asleep. TOTALLY his fault. :chairshot:

Owwww....That's gotta hurt. Poor ES, its already had a hard life as it is already :( . I hope your dad pays for all of it and not just half, it's already bad enough he won't even at least pay for part of your already messed up bumper (considering he finished it off for you). Even if you were blocking part of the driveway, he could have just woke you up to move it. That's rough, hope your ES gets fixed real quick.

I know this may be cheating and against the law, but can't you tell them it was a "hit and run?" and just get a police report so that your insurance won't go nuts on you guys?? I guess it's a lot more than just telling the cops! :whistles: :wacko:

1.  you get a whole new bumper and light.  you needed the bumper bigtime anyways

2.  your dad has to pay for it.

3.  you don't have to pay the deductable.

4.  your dad has to pay for it.

5.  there will be more meets and when there is your car will look 20x better then if this hadn't happened.

6.  your dad has to pay for it.

steviej

PS.    did I say you dad has to pay for it?  :P

lol steviej! :lol: :whistles:

They'd still write it off.

that woudl work except it woudl still be a total,and i dont have full coverage, and its not true.

I got an estimate for $898 @service king if i buy the 2 lights. thats R&I of the panels that need fixed and paint blending.

Thats not too bad, leaving the bumper as is?

Yes, the bumper will stay as is for now.

i just took the curl otu fo the fender and bannged it around a ltitle bit so it lines up, all they will have to do is level and paint now. i will take it to some body shops tomorrow and see if i cant knock a few hundred off that estimate.