Garbage Can For 330?

SeaDuck79

Wife doesn't want a Wal-mart bag hung from the front armrests to collect the refuse, and I don't want crap all over the car. Is there a more aesthetic solution that someone out there is using, and where could I get that?

Thanks!

Wife doesn't want a Wal-mart bag hung from the front armrests to collect the refuse, and I don't want crap all over the car.  Is there a more aesthetic solution that someone out there is using, and where could I get that?

Thanks!

If she doesn't like the Wal-mart bag, then try a Macy's bag :D . Sorry, just couldn't resist. And thanks for the naming a practical use for the front arm rest, it's a poor excuse for an actual arm rest, in my book.

Getting back to your question, my personal view is that there is no classy way to handle large pieces of garbage, the Wal-mart bag solution is as good as any, but I'd put it on the floor in the back seat so it'll be out of the way (works only if the back seats are usually unoccupied).

Or you can do what I do, I avoid eating or drinking in the car so the only refuse I get are small stuff like gas receipts and an occasional gum wrapper, I put them in the center console or door pocket till I get to my destination then I take it with me.

Wife doesn't want a Wal-mart bag hung from the front armrests to collect the refuse, and I don't want crap all over the car.  Is there a more aesthetic solution that someone out there is using, and where could I get that?

Thanks!

If she doesn't like the Wal-mart bag, then try a Macy's bag :D . Sorry, just couldn't resist. And thanks for the naming a practical use for the front arm rest, it's a poor excuse for an actual arm rest, in my book.

Getting back to your question, my personal view is that there is no classy way to handle large pieces of garbage, the Wal-mart bag solution is as good as any, but I'd put it on the floor in the back seat so it'll be out of the way (works only if the back seats are usually unoccupied).

Or you can do what I do, I avoid eating or drinking in the car so the only refuse I get are small stuff like gas receipts and an occasional gum wrapper, I put them in the center console or door pocket till I get to my destination then I take it with me.

yup, I'm with you on that one! :cheers:

Thanks!

There is actually a very nice way to handle this problem -- it's called a Clean Box -- but it'll set you back $80! Check out this link: http://www.myautofashion.com/haclbox.html

For your info: the Toyota Harrier is the Japanese version of the Lexus RX. Hope it's helpful!

From the picture, I can't quite tell where the clean box is mounted or how much it holds. It doesn't look very big - maybe just enough to hold the gas receipts, gum wrappers or kleenexes that scoobie or dens might generate.

For those who carry passengers and let them eat in the car, there are the seat back wood trays. I like the "useful mat" with the obviously plush toy dog demonstating its use. :D

From the picture, I can't quite tell where the clean box is mounted or how much it holds. It doesn't look very big - maybe just enough to hold the gas receipts, gum wrappers or kleenexes that scoobie or dens might generate.

For those who carry passengers and let them eat in the car, there are the seat back wood trays. I like the "useful mat" with the obviously plush toy dog demonstating its use. :D

This link shows more details of the Clean Box, however I'm not sure whether it'll fit the RX330? This one is only $54!

http://www.myautofashion.com/rx300cleanbox.html

This link shows more details of the Clean Box, however I'm not sure whether it'll fit the RX330? This one is only $54!

Looks like it attaches to the space left and below of the shift knob, I see two potential issues :

It may interfere with a fidgety driver's right leg , and

You have to make holes in the vehicle (it attaches by screws, according to the diagram).

Even without these issues I question if this item is money well spent, it is essentially a fancy holder for gas receipts and gum wrappers. It certainly doesn't look like it can hold anything larger.

Hey, but then again, this was the original question: "Wife doesn't want a Wal-mart bag hung from the front armrests to collect the refuse, and I don't want crap all over the car. Is there a more aesthetic solution that someone out there is using, and where could I get that?" :P

Hey, but then again, this was the original question: "Wife doesn't want a Wal-mart bag hung from the front armrests to collect the refuse, and I don't want crap all over the car. Is there a more aesthetic solution that someone out there is using, and where could I get that?"  :P

Yes, indeed, how soon we forget :o , the clean box does answer Seaduck's original question. It may not be all that practical, but it certainly is aesthetic.

However, reading between the lines of Seaduck's orginal post, I get the feeling that the Seaduck household probably generates refuse at a quantity and variety for which the clean box does not suffice, so the search continues ............ :P

I don't know the official name of the product, but many car accessory catalogs carry a small trash container that is designed to rest on the floor of the back seat area. These things are weighted at their bottoms so they they don't tip over when you turn or acclerate. Typically they come in basic gray, taupe, black, etc. The drawback is that you need to reach behind yourself somewhat to toss your cup, crumpled up napkin or whatever into the the container, assuming you do use it in the back. If no one ever sits in the front passenger seat, you could put it on the floor up front.

• 1 month later...

Actually, what I'd like to see is a small box that fits in the back of the center console and that can either be easily removed via built in handle or can be lined with a small plastic bag like a freezer bag. Anyone every find anything that fits just right.

The Container Store carries a few car organizer things including trash receptacles. Some rest on the floor mats, others hang from the head rest. Perhaps not terribly aesthically appealing, but practical. Besides, its better than having trash strewn about vehicle.

I use a little bag somewhat like a soft-sided 6-pack can cooler that I got at Target. I have my center console slid back a little, so I put the bag right there on the plastic tray in front of the console. It nestles in there nicely and doesn't slide around. I have the bag open all the time so it's easy to drop stuff in, but I could zip it shut if I wanted to. I found the bag in the travel/luggage section in Target. In the automotive section they have various alternative containers. There was one neat one that looks like half of a small trashcan and it had a spring top and strap. There was also one smaller container (with lid) that fits in a cupholder. Then there were a bunch of the standard strap it to the seat-back type of trash sacks.

Here's what I use. It looks like original equipment from Lexus, it's the perfect height/width/length for the floor behind the center console (I leave mine slid all the way to the front), it has a snap close attached lid (so nobody has to see your bottle caps, fast food wrappers, and used tissues), and is very classy and high quality. If you have the black interior, nobody will ever think it was an aftermarket add-on. It's that perfect.

http://store.yahoo.com/organizeeverything1/autfloorlit.html

Looks like it attaches to the space left and below of the shift knob, I see two potential issues :

It may interfere with a fidgety driver's right leg , and

You have to make holes in the vehicle (it attaches by screws, according to the diagram).

Even without these issues I question if this item is money well spent, it is essentially a fancy holder for gas receipts and gum wrappers. It certainly doesn't look like it can hold anything larger.

It's on the passenger side. It's a JDM pic.

I got a great garbage can from the Container Store that fits perfectly in the space in front of the center console. It has to be pushed back about 3/4 of the way, however. I also bought clear plastic liners to fit in. Clear for aesthetic reasons. It fits in at a slight angle and is somewhat flexible.