Which Lonar Cars Do You Get?

LexKid630

My guess is that they had to take it somewhere to fix it. I just hope no one took it for a joyride or anything. Nothing's broken on it that i can see, and i can't see and new scratches/marks on it. The inside smells like smoke and the wood wheel has black stuff on it  :o  Oh well it's fixed. It works. I'm happy. Im trying not to expect too much from them; it's not like they care about anything but money  :angry:  LOL

either that, or the technicians took it out to buy lunch or something... <_<

You got your car back with 140 miles on it and someone smoked in it and you're not mad? I'd clear the whole dealership out if that happened to me.

i remember when my RX300 got into an accident, I had to leave it at the body shop for about a month. nothing major to the accident, but I remember putting up signs inside my RX requesting for them not to smoke or anything in my RX. I got my RX back with only about 20 miles more on it.

But that, I think there's something fishy..... <_<

You got your car back with 140 miles on it and someone smoked in it and you're not mad? I'd clear the whole dealership out if that happened to me.

Im not 100% sure someone smoked IN it; it just smells like it. Maybe the person/people that worked on it smoke, and they brought the smell in with them.

When i told them that 140 miles were put on it, they said they didn't have any idea as to why. The manager said that after they fix something they test drive it to make sure it's in perfect working condition...but i don't recall driving it a test for a moonroof.....

The car works fine so i don't have any case to say they wer possible joyriding it. All i do know is that 140 miles were put on it. I parked in in a space in front of the building, and last week i found it in the back. What's that; like 0.0005 miles !?!

• 4 months later...

not to bring back an old thread but did the dealer do anything....wow some1 would have got fired if i was there...well not me but my dad...and smelling like smoke...hmm...some one would get a beating LOL JK!!! i wouldnt take that service from kia and ur taking it from lexus???

not to bring back an old thread but did the dealer do anything....wow some1 would have got fired if i was there...well not me but my dad...and smelling like smoke...hmm...some one would get a beating LOL JK!!! i wouldnt take that service from kia and ur taking it from lexus???

At the time i was so mad that the stupid moonroof broke to begin with, and i was so tired of waiting, and just tired all together LOL...

when i dropped off the loaner camry, the guy that gave me a hard time about the moonroof was walking by...i SLAMMED that door shut so loud i'm surprized YOU didn't hear it!!!! I was so mad i don't even think i was thinking straight...

The moonroof worked fine so i was happy. I didn't find about the grease on the wheel until i was turning off an exit to my street LOL and the smell..well i couldn't do much about it. I know even if i called them they would just deny it anyway...and the monkeys that do the services don't admit to anything so i figured it would have been a waste...

persistence my friend is the key

(thats prob. the most mature thing i have ever said on this forum) LOL

LOL after a while you realize if you're beating a dead horse. Everyone at Lexus thinks they're better than you and all they care about is el dinero ($$$).

Inskip got grease all over my ceiling when trying to fix the moonroof. (several places) I bet the same person worked on it. (It's still broken too!)

They forgot to do car washes the last 2 visits, forgot to reset the oil change monitor or nav - so the light came on ~2500 miles later, wanted over $500 for the recent 15k oil change/inspection, etc. (adjusted to ~$200 when questioned)

I initially went there to buy the vehicle, with cash in hand, and was sitting in the showroom demo vehicle. A salesman got up from his desk, told us it was near the end of the day and that we should come back some other day, and went back to his desk. We went to Massachusetts and were treated well by another dealer.

This is my second Lexus (service) dealer, because the first was even worse. Are there ANY good ones in the RI or MA area? Why can't they be as good as regular Toyota service centers? We have a Camry and a Rav4 and the service at ANY Toyota dealer locally has been stellar in comparison. The intitial quality flaws and recall issues for the Lexus have been worse than any vehicle I have ever owned, including American brands.

PS A relative has a BMW 650i and has had the same experience with Inskip, which services multiple brands from the same facility.

Inskip got grease all over my ceiling when trying to fix the moonroof. (several places)  I bet the same person worked on it. (It's still broken too!)

They forgot to do car washes the last 2 visits, forgot to reset the oil change monitor or nav - so the light came on ~2500 miles later, wanted over $500 for the recent 15k oil change/inspection, etc. (adjusted to ~$200 when questioned) 

I initially went there to buy the vehicle, with cash in hand, and was sitting in the showroom demo vehicle.  A salesman got up from his desk, told us it was near the end of the day and that we should come back some other day, and went back to his desk.  We went to Massachusetts and were treated well by another dealer.

This is my second Lexus (service) dealer, because the first was even worse. Are there ANY good ones in the RI or MA area?  Why can't they be as good as regular Toyota service centers?  We have a Camry and a Rav4 and the service at ANY Toyota dealer locally has been stellar in comparison.  The intitial quality flaws and recall issues for the Lexus have been worse than any vehicle I have ever owned, including American brands.

PS A relative has a BMW 650i and has had the same experience with Inskip, which services multiple brands from the same facility.

IRA LEXUS in Danvers, MA is the best dealer in our area. I bought our CPO rx300 there a few months ago and it was a beyond wonderful experience!! A+++ dealer if you ask me. Plus IRA hs a TON more cars on the lot than Inskip. This allows them more flexability on the price.

I would reccomend going to IRA than filthy Inskip. Inskip's kind of got us in a monopoly, since they're the only one here in RI.

and the car washer or whatever it is at Inskip does a terrible job! Sometimes you can still see soap all over it, and it leaves spots everywhere...The work at inskip is horrible.

Yesterday i dropped off my rx300 to my dealer so they could fix my broken moonroof.

The only problem they said, was that it was something that would take a long time to fix, so i would need to leave it there overnight. I asked for a loaner car, and they said no problem.

About a half hour of waiting around the man came in and gave me the keys to what i thought would be another lexus loaner. :o  It turned out to be a toyota camry SE...Is this what they give for loaners now?!?! Now i have to take this front wheel drive tin can in a foot of snow i'm supposed to get tomorrow  :censored:  I think Lexus customer satisfaction is going down the tubes...

This camry doesn't even have leather or anything! I don't even think it's an 05; it has 28k miles on it (still better than the 61k miles i have on the rx, but still). I am really mad at my dealer. Oh and did i forget to mention that i have to pay for this loaner!! :censored:

What loaners do you get?

The 2 Lexus dealers close to me: Sewell Lexus in Dallas and Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX have plenty of RX330 and ES330 to loan out. :cheers:

Yesterday i dropped off my rx300 to my dealer so they could fix my broken moonroof.

The only problem they said, was that it was something that would take a long time to fix, so i would need to leave it there overnight. I asked for a loaner car, and they said no problem.

About a half hour of waiting around the man came in and gave me the keys to what i thought would be another lexus loaner. :o  It turned out to be a toyota camry SE...Is this what they give for loaners now?!?! Now i have to take this front wheel drive tin can in a foot of snow i'm supposed to get tomorrow  :censored:  I think Lexus customer satisfaction is going down the tubes...

This camry doesn't even have leather or anything! I don't even think it's an 05; it has 28k miles on it (still better than the 61k miles i have on the rx, but still). I am really mad at my dealer. Oh and did i forget to mention that i have to pay for this loaner!! :censored:

What loaners do you get?

The 2 Lexus dealers close to me: Sewell Lexus in Dallas and Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX have plenty of RX330 and ES330 to loan out. :cheers:

Lexus of Bellevue usually has enough Lexus loaners, especially if you give them a day or two notice. Since I just need a ride to work and back, I usually just get their shuttle driver to get me there and back.