This Bothers Me...

Geo

Curious if there are little things that bother you in your near perfect Lex ?

For me its a airduct thing that is in the way on the right side where the feet are. It bumps into my right foot everytime I switch from the break to the accelerator. It almost feels that it is "catching" my foot at times. I'm 5'11" and the seat is adjusted right. I also don't have giant feet (size 10 1/2).

Just interested in little things that bother you out there.

Later, George

My annoyance is when my ES330 pee's on me. :blink:

When its wet and i open the door, a dribble of water always seems to fall on me or into the car. I think water pools in the jam and when you open the door it lets loose on you. ;)

Maybe its just me... :blushing:

My car has the same "peeing" problem. I also think the cupholders suck, and I wish there was an indicator light that would tell me if the trunk was open. I inadvertently opened it the other day and I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out why my headlights wouldn't turn off when I hit the lock button twice... turns out the trunk was open. I also wish the windshield wipers would make a delayed final pass to wipe off the excess water after using the washer spray function. My husband's Focus does it, and he makes fun of my car every time he drives it.

The only thing that bothers me in my 99 es300, is there's no level place to set anything small. I'd like to have a small slot in the dash or a depression in the console. I use a small Rio mp3 player connected through a tape adapter and I still have't found a good place to put the player where it won't slide around except in the console storage.

For me its a airduct thing that is in the way on the right side where the feet are.  It bumps into my right foot everytime I switch from the break to the accelerator.  It almost feels that it is "catching" my foot at times.  I'm 5'11" and the seat is adjusted right.  I also don't have giant feet (size 10 1/2).

Later,  George

i feel your grief. i have this annoyance too and i'm only size 8!! my biggest annoyance is when i have to unplug my radar and close the ashtray in order to use the cupholders!! :censored: next is gotta watch out for the frameless windows when exiting the car..

For me its a airduct thing that is in the way on the right side where the feet are.  It bumps into my right foot everytime I switch from the break to the accelerator.  It almost feels that it is "catching" my foot at times.  I'm 5'11" and the seat is adjusted right.  I also don't have giant feet (size 10 1/2).

Later,  George

Easy. Clunky shifting and severe hesitation when you step hard on the gas.

Yeah the new doors still pee, even though they're no longer fully frameless. I think this is a common problem on anything that doesn't have limousine doors.

cupholders and too quiet turning signals. and still think exterior is blah. :blink:

Love my Lex...but I get annoyed that there is no indication that my lights are on...no ding, no nothin'. The only way I notice is if I am looking at my dash before I exit the car. Thank goodness that Lexus has the feature that turns them off automatically, but it would sure help me out if I had a bit of a reminder.

Love my Lex...but I get annoyed that there is no indication that my lights are on...no ding, no nothin'. The only way I notice is if I am looking at my dash before I exit the car. Thank goodness that Lexus has the feature that turns them off automatically, but it would sure help me out if I had a bit of a reminder.

Funny how different people see things. I always forget to turn my lights on at dusk, so I leave the switch in the auto position and never worry about it. When I leave the car, I just hit the lock button twice to turn the lights of, but even if I forget, there's no harm done because they go off in a couple of minutes.

On the '02ES and up there is an indicator light on the dash that shows the lights are on. It may have this indication on earlier models, but I'm not too sure.

Edit: Oops, after reading the previous post, it was mentioned about the light on the dash. :blushing:

I don't think the cupholders in the new ES are bad, Lexus' cupholder design has improved exponentially over the years, they used to be really poor.

As for the turn signals thats a problem on all Lexus, they tried to make the click sound "muted and elegant" but in reality its way too soft. They've corrected this on some models.

On the '02ES and up there is an indicator light on the dash that shows the lights are on. It may have this indication on earlier models, but I'm not too sure.

Edit: Oops, after reading the previous post, it was mentioned about the light on the dash. :blushing:

well hell u open the door with the key out and they turn off. damn front cup holders suck for "coke" bottles.

<_< and i have knocked the air duct out a few times.