Battery Replacement/radio Code

I think I have the orginal battery in my 98 es300 and I'm due to replace it (I've read the other posts on this and they were quite informative...Thanks!).

When they replace the battery, will I have to have the am/fm/cassette reprogrammed to operate again? If so, any suggestions for how to get the code?

(I bought it CPO...but I'm sure the dealer will charge for a lookup on a computer. If i have to pay, I'll pay, but would like to explore other options...)

Thanks much for any help...

CP

I think I have the orginal battery in my 98 es300 and I'm due to replace it (I've read the other posts on this and they were quite informative...Thanks!).

When they replace the battery, will I have to have the am/fm/cassette reprogrammed to operate again? If so, any suggestions for how to get the code?

(I bought it CPO...but I'm sure the dealer will charge for a lookup on a computer.  If i have to pay, I'll pay, but would like to explore other options...)

CP

yeah, i'm in the same boat.

(I bought it CPO...but I'm sure the dealer will charge for a lookup on a computer.  If i have to pay, I'll pay, but would like to explore other options...)

CP

yeah, i'm in the same boat.

It has been said that the code is the last 3 digits of your vin # ;)

• 3 months later...

I concur with 98. I have 98 ES. Just replaced my battery and I was apprehensive in doing so because the dreaded radio CODE may be needed, which I do not have. I am the second owner of this previosuly enjoyed vehicle.

I did not need it. The 97 and 98 does not require you to have a code. I bought a new battery and didn't install it for two days. I already took out the existing battery. The only thing I had to reset are my fav radio stations and the clock.....Rest your mind at ease.. No code needed. Hope this helps!!

I concur with 98. I have 98 ES. Just replaced my battery and I was apprehensive in doing so because the dreaded radio CODE may be needed, which I do not have.  I am the second owner of this previosuly enjoyed vehicle.

I did not need it. The 97 and 98 does not require you to have a code. I bought a new battery and didn't install it for two days. I already took out the existing battery. The only thing I had to reset are my fav radio stations and the clock.....Rest your mind at ease.. No code needed. Hope this helps!!

Correct, when I replaced mine with my Optima I just lost the normal stuff. No code needed.