Returning A Leased Rx 300 Next Month

Art Guila

I will be returning my leased RX 300 next month. I'd be interested in hearing from others who have done the same...any tips on how to avoid penalties, other than the mileage penalty? It still has the original tires after 47k miles, and all this time whenever I bring the car in for service, they're always saying that the tires are getting worn out. I figured they just wanted my money and never bought new tires, especially since the original tires still looked ok to me. However, I'm worried that they might say that the tires are abd and incur a penalty when I return the car. Any inputs? What other stuff will they be looking at ? I'd be really *BLEEP*ed if they don't return my deposit in whole.

thanks,

ag

I will be returning my leased RX 300 next month.  I'd be interested in hearing from others who have done the same...any tips on how to avoid penalties, other than the mileage penalty?  It still has the original tires after 47k miles, and all this time whenever  I bring the car in for service, they're always saying that the tires are getting worn out.  I figured they just wanted my money and never bought new tires, especially since the original tires still looked ok to me.  However, I'm worried that they might say that the tires are abd and incur a penalty when I return the car.  Any inputs?  What other stuff will they be looking at ?  I'd be really *BLEEP*ed if they don't return my deposit in whole.

thanks,

ag

AG,

I've turned in several cars at lease end. Tires are 'normal wear' for the mileage you have. Basically @ 50,000 miles there is a fair amount of wear. Spending $600. or more won't change anything. The dealership is more interested in the maint. end and being able to 'resale' the car on that idea. Be sure that you give all the keys and such... I hope your mileage penality isn't too steep!!!

:chairshot:

I leased my 97 ls400. when i returned it 3 years later a week before lease end, they only thing they were mad at was that there was a scratch about 4 inches long (primer off and all, so rust visible -big wow :angry: ) on the drivers door. They didn't care much about things that could be easiely replaced such as the tires. All they care about is reselling it and getting more money those :censored: 's! they were mad the scratch was there b/c who is going to buy a car with a scratch with rust showing? It's more work (aka money) for the dealer or whoever to fix it, to resell it to some other person for more moeny.

so if you're worried about the tires don't be. but if you have any scratches touch them up B)

they will charge for any tire with tread below 3/32. also make sure you have the owners manuals and both master keys. lexus now uses an outside vendor to do full evaluations. also check glass for chips or cracks that your insurance covers. you will get a sheet from the service detailing all info on your car as well as charges for recon if needed. you can then call lexus and try and dispute any claims.

I leased my 97 ls400. when i returned it 3 years later a week before lease end, they only thing they were mad at was that there was a scratch about 4 inches long (primer off and all, so rust visible -big wow :angry: ) on the drivers door. They didn't care much about things that could be easiely replaced such as the tires. All they care about is reselling it and getting more money those  :censored: 's

LOL why are they :censored: 's for being angry because you damaged their property? Why shouldn't they want top dollar for their sale, you would if you were selling your property. Wanting to get the maximum amount possible for one's property when conveying it is hardly a bad thing.

Whats lacking in this country is people's ability to put themselves in other people's shoes.

Be careful doing touchups, they will make you pay for improperly done repairs also.