97 Rearview Mirror Question?

LivinLrge

I bought the 97 used, from a dealer here in florida. When I bought the car the rearview mirror that was in it, was just a plan old mirrior, about the quality you might find at a autoparts store, no autodimming or anything like that.

I recently had bought a gentex mirror with autodimming and compass, and had it installed~it works great.

I sold the original mirror, that came in the car originally on ebay for 11.00$ on ebay , I advertised it as a stock lexus es 300 mirror, now the gentleman that bought it is accusing me of false advertisment.

My question to you all is what rearview mirror actually comes in a 97 lexus es 300? And is it possible someone might have a picture to post or send to me?

P.S I have been looking online, and here in the town where I live at other lexus es 97-99s and they all seem to have the same mirror, I can not notice any difference, maybe im missing soemthing, or the gentleman who bought this from me, is trying to pull a fast one.

Thanks in Adavance All.

nothing special, I havent seen one that has varried in difference from the mirror taken out of my car.

No manufactor names, such as gentex or anything. The person that has now filed a dispute with me on ebay, I think is getting the LS400 mirror confused with the es 300 ones. I know the LS400 models sometimes came with the brown-ish color mirror matching the interior of the car.

I thought all Lexus rear view mirrors were the self dimming units.   :blink:    :unsure:

:cheers:

Nope....the earlier ES's didn't have that feature. I know for sure that the '02 models and up have them.

My 97 has the original mirror, and sadly enough it is a plain old black mirror, doesn't match the interior, doesnt sing or dance, or anything in between.  Tell the guy to do HIS research better in the future.

You've got to be nice to your eBay customers, otherwise they could leave you negative feedback on your account. ;)

My 97 has the original mirror, and sadly enough it is a plain old black mirror, doesn't match the interior, doesnt sing or dance, or anything in between.  Tell the guy to do HIS research better in the future.

You've got to be nice to your eBay customers, otherwise they could leave you negative feedback on your account. ;)

I know, sadly this guy is an *BLEEP*. He claims to be professional rear view mirror installer, kinda funny if you think about it the right way. heh heh.

He started a dispute with ebay, and I keep reiterating the same old words, and he just keeps saying im lieing and unfortunately im probably going to have to give him his money back, even though I am right.

Props to ebay's new dispute system. cheers

I bought the 97 used, from a dealer here in florida. When I bought the car the rearview mirror that was in it, was just a plan old mirrior, about the quality you might find at a autoparts store, no autodimming or anything like that.

I recently had bought a gentex mirror with autodimming and compass, and had it installed~it works great.

I sold the original mirror, that came in the car originally on ebay for 11.00$ on ebay , I advertised it as a stock lexus es 300 mirror, now the gentleman that bought it is accusing me of false advertisment.

My question to you all is what rearview mirror actually comes in a 97 lexus es 300? And is it possible someone might have a picture to post or send to me?

P.S I have been looking online, and here in the town where I live at other lexus es 97-99s and they all seem to have the same mirror, I can not notice any difference, maybe im missing soemthing, or the gentleman who bought this from me, is trying to pull a fast one.

Thanks in Adavance All.

no u are correct the 97 mirror in my car is just a black plain mirror no buttons or whistles. he is just tryin to pull a fast one. go to the dealer have them look up the part number. then tell him that that mirror matches the part number for a stoock 97 mirror.

I do a lot of Ebaying. And someone complaning is a pain in the butt. But when they are dead wrong it is even more so. You not only need to show this guy it is his misunderstanding, but also show Ebay you were straight up. Call some Lexus dealers or even call Lexus. Ask them to run the Vin # on your car. From that you should be able to get a report of what came on your car from Lexus. If it shows a plain Jane mirror and not an auto dim. Give a copy to the guy, and Ebay. And say something nice to the guy like" I'm sorry you did not know that more then one mirror came on Lexus cars. I wished you had asked before you bought, but as you can see, that is the mirror that came standard on my car.

The autodimming feature wasn't added until the refresh in 2000. Look on eBay for a '97 ES300 for sale (in eBay motors).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4527678522&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4527650677&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4527410347&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4526910920&rd=1

Usually there are a TON of photos of the car, many of them showing just a plain, non-dimming mirror. If that doesn't help, just tell the guy you'd be happy to install the mirror for him if he'll just bend over. :whistles: Sorry... didn't mean to type that out loud.

post-3927-1108409127_thumb.jpg

post-3927-1108409144_thumb.jpg

post-3927-1108409219_thumb.jpg

most likely the auto-dim mirror was optional. he should be happy he got that standard mirror without auto-dim for $11 instead $74 at the dealership!

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...t=5&catalogid=2

I can't believe how cheap some people can be! $11.00?? Wow! eBay customers like that need..... :chairshot:

You got that right Alan and Steve. Sorry about your annoying situation LivinLrge hopefully you can get this thing quickly resolved with that so called "Professional rearview mirror installer"...lol. Shucks too bad my ES doesn't have the auto dim function, but what can I expect for a '92.

I would have said "Well, I sell them for a living and I can assure you THAT is the mirror that comes on that year ES300, its the mirror that comes on mine". If he wants to make *BLEEP* up, so can you lol

"professional rearview mirror installer" please, and I'm a meatball instertion technition. I make sure your spaghetti comes out with JUST enough meatballs! I'm VERY in demand :wacko:

lol steve, that is a good way to put it. Well I responded to his socalled dispute with ebay "going on record" with the dispute he calls it. Anyhow, I called the dealerships and did all that and I put a note in the response to his noting the previous information that we discussed in the thread, he has yet to respond, nor has ebay contacted me or escalated his claim, like I said before I wasnt to happy about might having to give him a refund.

Anyhow, besides, the dealership and lexus are behind me on this one, along with you all, and you all might as well be professional lexus techs,as much as we help each other out on the forum and all.

Anyways. Thank again all, I will let you know how it turns out! .

-Livin