Is 300 Navigation?

Kinka17

The factory IS set up is different from all the other Toy/Lex systems. It sits flush when off, and has a servo motor that flips the screen up when it is on. You could easily install a factory set up with some wiring, display head and Nav ECU from a later model crash job. The biggest difference is is is not touch screen like other units. The display is not thick enough to incorporate the touch screen. Where your 2nd cupholder spot by the shifter is is deleted and they put a multi button pad with a little 5 position joystick. It is not as intuitive as touch screen but it has a fast learing curve. Not many IS owners step up for the extra 2.5k for factory Nav. But it is cool with the flip up screen. The system also holds all your mainenance info and reminders. It has a calander that you can set reminder notes in the future. Aniversary for instance.

Sweet thanks, So my best bet is to find a totaled one and strip the system out?? Or can it be ordered from somewhere?

Uh best...probably the factory set up. Cheapest? probably aftermarket. You do not need an entire loom, just conectors at $1.00 each, some 18 guage wire, and the terminal ends...probably 20 for $5.00 at radio shack. The expenxe will be in the hard parts...Nav display, Nav ECU, and DVD. If you are willing to spend a few hours you can save a ton of cash. The dash is the same between both cars, one has a screwed in pacage shelf, one has the shelf out and a flip screen in it's place. If you decide to do it I can email you the schematics and walk you through it. Bone yard parts might cost $1000, but will look stock for 40% of the cost. Is your time on a saturday worth $1500? An aftermarket set up I imagine would be much cheaper but it depends on the company how "clean" it will look/fit. There will be some multiplex comunication bumps to get around but it will be no sweat. The IS's are stacking up in the boneyards here with our wet roads and silly drivers. They came with Nav since inception just need to find a dead one that the customer ordered that way.

• 2 years later...

*****Looking for Nav monitor housing********

I called the Lexus dealer to see if I can order a replacement part for the nav, since mine got stolen, but they don't sell it individually. I'm looking for the monitor housing. If you know where I can purchased one to replace my old one, would be greatly appreciated. Any info is helpful!!!!!

TH

I called the Lexus dealer to see if I can order a replacement part for the nav, since mine got stolen, but they don't sell it individually. I'm looking for the monitor housing. If you know where I can purchased one to replace my old one, would be greatly appreciated. Any info is helpful!!!!!

TH

What year IS do you have? Can you post a pic of what you have now.

• 4 months later...

TH

Just curious, but how did they steal your nav? Did they just pry the entire screen off the dash? I'm moving to an area with a relatively high theft number and I'm a little concerned about not just the potential nav being stolen but also the damage that usually comes with break ins like that (eg broken dash, doorlock mechanisms).