Rainx

Rain X is okay, but I find that it streaks and smears under where the wipers pass. I prefer to just use a claybar to get the windshield totally clean which makes the water roll off. I'm going to try a product called "Aquapel" soon though that is supposed to be much better than RainX.

Anyone use RainX on their windshields? It's supposed to stop the water beads from sticking to your windshield? Is it any good?

If the rainx is diluted, you should not have any problems. I use the rainx method, and have no problems with smears or streaking.

i have tried it and didn't think it was worth it

i do like the clay bar idea though but i just use the prewax cleaner in a 3 step wax and it removes anything on it perfectly

also if waxed after it helps to replel water and cause less fricton for the blades making them wear less

• 1 month later...

heres what i do if anyones interested.lol!i first clean the windows with stuff called invisable windsheild?not sure if anyone heard of it but it is great cleaner and while im cleaning i use the clay bar with that cleaner and then i put on a coat of wax and it looks awsome and the water bead off great!

• 2 weeks later...

And I thought I was the only person who waxed their windows. I use my regular car wax on all the windows except the windshield. I use Rainx on the windshield. It works great, but only for a short while. I also wax the sunroof glass.