Can't Post A Fs Ad...help!

stryke

This is the note right on top of the Classifieds forum:

If your status is New Club Member then you are not allowed to post in this forum. You must make a contribution to the forums before you can post here. When you have made enough posts, your status will change, and you will be allowed to post. This has become necessary due to the number of people registering purely to sell, and not contributing to our community

I am not sure, however, exactly how many posts it will take for your status to change.

No offense to the admins but that is a ridiculous rule. I have been registered almost a year and came here for info on purchasing my Lexus. Just because I only made 20 posts and prefer to read more than to write does not mean I shouldn't be able to offer my Lexus for sale to other members. In a sense it is also depriving a potential buyer from a seeing a great car for sale!

Oh well, there's always eBay! :(

No offense to the admins but that is a ridiculous rule.  I have been registered almost a year and came here for info on purchasing my Lexus.  Just because I only made 20 posts and prefer to read more than to write does not mean I shouldn't be able to offer my Lexus for sale to other members.  In a sense it is also depriving a potential buyer from a seeing a great car for sale!

Oh well, there's always eBay! :(

Try it again now that you have 20 posts. You're not a noob anymore. Not to rush off in a huff.

No offense to the admins but that is a ridiculous rule.

no offense to you - but have absolutely zero comprehension of the situations that have made this rule a necessity.

Before implementing this, do you have any idea how many people registered purely to spam the boards, peoples PM message box and email with all sorts of things?

As always in life - its the minority who spoil it for the majority.

However, by introducing this rule, we have protected our 'legitimate' membership from untold amounts of spam :cheers:

SKperformance will be out of a job :D :D :P

Only joking mate!

What the heck? He says he only works an hour a day. :D

I understand why the rule is in place but I just thought that regardless of the post number the time registered would override it. :)

lmao ,you guys want me gone? :(

Glad you understand stryke it is an anoying problem but makes no issue for theose members who are regularly involved in the club for contributions of posts.

I know quite a few forums where they have date delay only and it helps but not for those spammers who are quite happy with the free ads and waiting a few weeks with a huge favorite list ready to prey on.