Service manual

Spiff

Hello all, new to this board. Have an Acura Legened myself, but posting for my bro, 92 LS400.

Problem #1, can anyone suggest where to purchase a service manual for his car. Called 2 dealers here in Toronto and they won't sell to me.

I got my Acura one from Helm, but they do not sell Toyota/Lexus.

I need the manual to fix his A/C - looks like the pulley had siezed on the compressor. I can turn the compressor by hand and it is easy to turn, just need to know how the clutch engages so I can diagnose better.

Problem #2, the LCD for the temp/time is all black, I find that if I take a hair dryer and heat it up, I can read the display. When it's cold, that's when I can't read it. Thought of adding some type of heater to warm it up (but need service manual :()

Anyone got a source for the LCD ? (I did do a search read thru other posts, just wondering if someone did not update the group)

Thanx.

• 2 weeks later...

You could attempt to contact Mikado corporation, and ask them if they would sell you the LCD screens,a nd bulbs.

check out the forum marked Climate/Clock. I have their address and phone number.

• 2 months later...

:idea: You might want to try contacting Steve Gantz @ Carson Toyota. He may be able to get one, from here or Japan.

gonzo4u@earthlink.net

1 800-908-6968

Ext. 2381

If you can, let us know. I would appreciate some new information to share with the rest of the Forum.

Happy trailing

• 2 months later...

ThaNK YOU FOR THE INTEREST

Reasones to look for it:

1. anyone thinking about self service/maintenance should have it

2. if I am looking for it it means i do not to want spent 70$/hr at the Lexus.

3. Tons of the stuff is easy to do yourself, especially when the instructions or just the order of removal/reinstallation is given.

So, I think, since I am a first generation Canadian spending 50 our backs after taxes, S&H etc would be enough.

I am patient I do not to need to have it now. The car is perfect and looking for the manual just suits my habit of heaving refrence to look the things up.

Thank you again

A.

I bought one from Lexus/Toyota for $150 US. Good thing to have around, since Lexus cars were designed with Old drivers in mind. I know I'm having trouble with mine.

Retirees, does that word work better. Not to be synical about it, but unfortuantely, not a single Japanese Luxury car has survived my torture test, but for some odd reason, when my dad drove this LS400, it survived 125000 miles without any repairs. Off course my dad and I have different driving skills. I drive F2k and F3k cars, my dad doesn't. Even the two Lexus dealers i do business with agreed with me on this. They say the Lexus LS400 is a "solid car, built like a tank", but that didn't work in my case. Car started giving me problems once I took it over. Ever notice how loose the steering wheel is. Do you thing some 20 year old would appreciate it? I know I don't, and since I've been driving the car i've never been pulled over, and frequently felt like using the Cruise control. I disconnected the CC on my G20 because I never used it and I needed the slot.

What kind of trouble do I have---Hummmmm

Shocks needed to be replaced, radio needed to be replaced, one of my cv joints needs to be replaced, brakes need to be replaced because the stock ones suck really badly. All sorts of electronical problems are showing up out of no where. Oil Pan gasket needs to be replaced, and my steering wheel is misaligned. I noticed a leak underneath. The only part that hasn't given me any problems is the Engine and the transmission. Oh yah, have you ever felt how nimble the car is in high speed turns. Braces need to be added.

• 4 months later...

i think the only reason why lexus won't sell you the manual is because it is out of date plus don't make those volumes anymore and dealers already have them so no real need to reissue

i did buy my 3 manuals from lexus for my es 300

for about 350 canadian

worth its weight in gold trully their is nothing better than a model and year specific manual

ebay always has manuals for under 100 but usually not all 3

they are body engine and electronic wiring diagrams and schematics

there is loose connection on the lcd borad i have the same problem but i have to push on the right corner of the lcd to bring it up

funny enough the time displays fine on the same screen

what to do if ebay manual is not good enuff and book4cars doesnt have my year? dealer doesnt have em for sale either

• 7 months later...