Help! --purchasing Rx330 Tomorrow

PenguinQX

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post... I need some info and thought this to be the fastest and best way to do it. I'm a member of "Acura-TL.com", so I know ppl. on these car forums know what they're talking about.

I'm sure some of my questions have been answered on this site already, but I have to be up for work tomorrow at 5am, so I don't have much time to search the forum.

My mom just put a refundable deposit down for an '04 RX330 w/ premium plus pkg and navigation at Ralleye Lexus in NY. My dad is strongly opposed to her purchasing this car, so he's not being involved in this process at all. My mom's 100% set on buying this car, so I'm trying to make sure she doesn't get ripped off.

First off, what's the difference between the '04 and '05? The salesperson said the only difference was that the '05 has tilting headlights, but I've done a bit of research on the net, and apparently the navi is different (upgraded graphics+added voice recognition) and the passenger power seat is 8way rather than 4... anything else?

Secondly, is $39,900 a good price? The salesman quoted us $2500 off the MSRP for any '05 (current promotion that Lexus is running)... so it'd be about $42k for an '05 w/ the same options. We've only gone to Ralleye so far, and the guy we spoke with pretty much told us that any Lexus dealer we go to in NY will give us similar pricing. We're going tomorrow night to check out the actual car and test drive it... so I need some info soon!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

The only differences between an '04 and an '05 RX that I am aware of are what you have mentioned:

Adaptive Front Headlights

Voice Recognition Navigation

Not even sure about the passengers seat if that is a change or not

I just bought an '05 this past weekend - love it so far.

The only differences between an '04 and an '05 RX that I am aware of are what you have mentioned:

Adaptive Front Headlights

Voice Recognition Navigation

Not even sure about the passengers seat if that is a change or not

I just bought an '05 this past weekend - love it so far.

What was the final selling price?

The 04 upper models have adaptive lighting also.

Definately shop the price. Of course the dealer said everyone else would quote you the same price, he's a salesman and wants to sell you the car.

Why is your dad so opposed to the purchase?

Welcome to the LOC! I spent some time at Acura-TL.com when I was shopping and considering a TL, a very nice forum.

Bartkat,

Were you wondering the price of my RX? If so, it was:

2005 RX330 with Premium Plus NO Nav

$38,400

I went to Lexus of Watertown in Mass - they were awesome! Did 99% of it online and over the phone - they have a brand new facility with all indoor vehicle storage.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post... I need some info and thought this to be the fastest and best way to do it.  I'm a member of "Acura-TL.com", so I know ppl. on these car forums know what they're talking about.

I'm sure some of my questions have been answered on this site already, but I have to be up for work tomorrow at 5am, so I don't have much time to search the forum.

My mom just put a refundable deposit down for an '04 RX330 w/ premium plus pkg and navigation at Ralleye Lexus in NY.  My dad is strongly opposed to her purchasing this car, so he's not being involved in this process at all.  My mom's 100% set on buying this car, so I'm trying to make sure she doesn't get ripped off.

First off, what's the difference between the '04 and '05?  The salesperson said the only difference was that the '05 has tilting headlights, but I've done a bit of research on the net, and apparently the navi is different (upgraded graphics+added voice recognition) and the passenger power seat is 8way rather than 4... anything else?

it sounds like a good deal. i do all my business at Rallye. They are by far the best in ny for sales and service. i live near one of the other dealers and travel to them. very minor differences in the 04 to 05 rx. the voice recognition doesnt always recognize voice. an 04 with nav is hard to find . if you think a good deal then it is. there will always be somebody that got a better deal or will offer it to you after somebody else did. go with your gut and rallye im sure will be better , especially service..

Secondly, is $39,900 a good price?  The salesman quoted us $2500 off the MSRP for any '05 (current promotion that Lexus is running)... so it'd be about $42k for an '05 w/ the same options.  We've only gone to Ralleye so far, and the guy we spoke with pretty much told us that any Lexus dealer we go to in NY will give us similar pricing.  We're going tomorrow night to check out the actual car and test drive it... so I need some info soon!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

i noticed this a while back, does the new rx330s have a passenger seat lumbar support? (or does it come with fully loaded rx330s?) just noticed it in the showroom and in the loaner. that's was a problem with the Gx, only those whose build was 61k and younger had the passenger lumbar. :chairshot:

I have purchased a few cars form rallye, they are far superior to the Manhattan Lexus dealer. I deal With John Cappozi.

Latest was my 04 rx330, loaded as you can see. NAv is really neat, guess voice may be better. I have not played with one yet.

Also considering the RX400 Hybrid model next year.

Good luck, see Pam for all your service she will take care of any problems.

I ended up getting a refund on the deposit for the '04 RX330 at Ralleye... ended taking an offer of $39900 for an '05 with Premium Plus pkg and Navi.. so essentially we're paying the same price for a newer model. Ralleye couldn't match the price, and they actually told us it was impossible! B)

I ended up getting a refund on the deposit for the '04 RX330 at Ralleye... ended taking an offer of $39900 for an '05 with Premium Plus pkg and Navi.. so essentially we're paying the same price for a newer model.  Ralleye couldn't match the price, and they actually told us it was impossible!  B)

$39,990 for a nav rx seems extremely low. is it a dealer or a broker ? thats does seem extremely low.make sure its not an attemp to "take you out of the market" holding your deposit on the forever incoming car that never comes in until you buy extra equiptment or they feel they need to give away one at that price. also check on delivery fees.. good luck

I ended up getting a refund on the deposit for the '04 RX330 at Ralleye... ended taking an offer of $39900 for an '05 with Premium Plus pkg and Navi.. so essentially we're paying the same price for a newer model.  Ralleye couldn't match the price, and they actually told us it was impossible!   B)

$39,990 for a nav rx seems extremely low. is it a dealer or a broker ? thats does seem extremely low.make sure its not an attemp to "take you out of the market" holding your deposit on the forever incoming car that never comes in until you buy extra equiptment or they feel they need to give away one at that price. also check on delivery fees.. good luck

It's a dealer...the price has already been finalized after tax etc...no surprise charges or anything. :D The car is arriving at the dealership in the next few days, and we should be able to drive it home first week of January.

I'm curious to know what was the MSRP on your '05 RX330 that sold for $39,900?

The MSRP on it was $44,833.00. We decided to get remote start for an additional $550... I know we could've gotten it installed for cheaper somewhere else, but if Lexus installs it, it's covered under warranty.

it is not covered by lexus. lexus actually frowns upon it . it bypasses the security and messes with the ignition. if there is any problem warranteed or not that can be remotely related to this work . A dealer other then the one that installed it will not cover it. so now the $39,990 you spent became $40,400. {figuring about $100. dealer cost on that add} i didnt think you were getting out at that price.

it is not covered by lexus. lexus actually frowns upon it . it bypasses the security and messes with the ignition. if there is any problem warranteed or not that can be remotely related to this work . A dealer other then the one that installed it will not cover it. so now the $39,990 you spent became $40,400. {figuring about $100. dealer cost on that add} i didnt think you were getting out at that price.

The salesperson explicitly stated that it was covered under warranty. Who cares if Lexus frowns upon it? If the dealer that installed it will cover it under warranty, what's the problem? There are only 3 Lexus dealers in Nassau County anyway.. not like I have much choice in who I go to for service/repair. I could've easily gotten out with the 39,900 price..no one forced me to get the remote start. The salesperson put NO pressure on the sale of extra options... but being that it was 10 degrees outside that nite, remote start was very appealing.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post... I need some info and thought this to be the fastest and best way to do it.  I'm a member of "Acura-TL.com", so I know ppl. on these car forums know what they're talking about.

My mom just put a refundable deposit down for an '04 RX330 w/ premium plus pkg and navigation at Ralleye Lexus in NY.  My dad is strongly opposed to her purchasing this car, so he's not being involved in this process at all.  My mom's 100% set on buying this car, so I'm trying to make sure she doesn't get ripped off.

First off, what's the difference between the '04 and '05?  The salesperson said the only difference was that the '05 has tilting headlights, but I've done a bit of research on the net, and apparently the navi is different (upgraded graphics+added voice recognition) and the passenger power seat is 8way rather than 4... anything else?

Secondly, is $39,900 a good price?  The salesman quoted us $2500 off the MSRP for any '05 (current promotion that Lexus is running)... so it'd be about $42k for an '05 w/ the same options.  We've only gone to Ralleye so far, and the guy we spoke with pretty much told us that any Lexus dealer we go to in NY will give us similar pricing.  We're going tomorrow night to check out the actual car and test drive it... so I need some info soon!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!