Carbon Fiber Hood/trunk For Es

lextildeath

To my knowledge, not a single aftermarket hood exists for any year Lexus ES. I have heard of hoods for civics, etc., and even :censored: minivans! I, for one (20 yr old male) like the luxury and feeling of the ES300. I also like that its a 4 door sedan family car with sleeper potential. Doing all sorts of stuff to make it go faster like turbo, intake, exhaust,etc. make the car louder and that can limit what some people would want to do to a Lexus. But, I also like to drive fast and race people (20 yr old male). It is just fun. I think a carbon fiber hood and trunk would be cool. Take off over 100 pounds. Plus, I think it is just cool-I would paint it to match the car though to look stock. It would make the car a bit quicker, handle better, and brake better. Plus, it is another mod to add to your list. I emailed a few people and I ended up reaching Dan at modifiedinc.com, who deals with producing carbon fiber products and stuff like that. He enthusiastically said he will make it for the 1997 ES if there is demand. I did not ask to make it for other years, but whoever is possibly interested in this let me know and I'll tell him to make it for other years. We can even do a group buy to keep it cheap. Let me know what you all think.

To my knowledge, not a single aftermarket hood exists for any year Lexus ES. I have heard of hoods for civics, etc., and even  :censored: minivans! I, for one (20 yr old male) like the luxury and feeling of the ES300. I also like that its a 4 door sedan family car with sleeper potential. Doing all sorts of stuff to make it go faster like turbo, intake, exhaust,etc. make the car louder and that can limit what some people would want to do to a Lexus. But, I also like to drive fast and race people (20 yr old male). It is just fun. I think a carbon fiber hood and trunk would be cool. Take off over 100 pounds. Plus, I think it is just cool-I would paint it to match the car though to look stock. It would make the car a bit quicker, handle better, and brake better. Plus, it is another mod to add to your list. I emailed a few people and I ended up reaching Dan at modifiedinc.com, who deals with producing carbon fiber products and stuff like that. He enthusiastically said he will make it for the 1997 ES if there is demand. I did not ask to make it for other years, but whoever is possibly interested in this let me know and I'll tell him to make it for other years. We can even do a group buy to keep it cheap. Let me know what you all think.

I think you better read the rules and regulations about group buys before you try to set one up. :whistles:

You won't find a market for carbon fiber replacements on the ES, not enough demand.

steviej

To my knowledge, not a single aftermarket hood exists for any year Lexus ES. I have heard of hoods for civics, etc., and even  :censored: minivans! I, for one (20 yr old male) like the luxury and feeling of the ES300. I also like that its a 4 door sedan family car with sleeper potential. Doing all sorts of stuff to make it go faster like turbo, intake, exhaust,etc. make the car louder and that can limit what some people would want to do to a Lexus. But, I also like to drive fast and race people (20 yr old male). It is just fun. I think a carbon fiber hood and trunk would be cool. Take off over 100 pounds. Plus, I think it is just cool-I would paint it to match the car though to look stock. It would make the car a bit quicker, handle better, and brake better. Plus, it is another mod to add to your list. I emailed a few people and I ended up reaching Dan at modifiedinc.com, who deals with producing carbon fiber products and stuff like that. He enthusiastically said he will make it for the 1997 ES if there is demand. I did not ask to make it for other years, but whoever is possibly interested in this let me know and I'll tell him to make it for other years. We can even do a group buy to keep it cheap. Let me know what you all think.

The gains to be received from such a weight loss are quite positive, better handling, braking performance, fuel milage, and acceleration. But this site just might not be the place for such a post. Try the Toyota Nation site. They might be more receptive there.

you race a stock lexus es300? sad. as for carbon fiber.. its just a fad that will go away soon

Nopers, not stock. Intake, exhaust, ignition wires. Saving up for headers. Control module came in but I am having difficulties installing it because I can't find a good hole through the firewall. I also take out the spare tire, etc. on certain nights. I guess I am a bit too nuts about my car, but that is just the guy I am.

no worries

i love my car also

but it is a cruiser at the most

the bits needed to make it handle better are nonexistant for racing either cuircit solo or drag just a very flimsy chasiss to begin with and a good daily driver engine but not for blowing it

I know that now it is just a fun car but can't be made to compete on any level pro or amateur

my civic outhandles my car when it was bone stock

Yeah civics do handle better. I'll give em that. They weigh hardly anything. I do not intend on doing any serious racing. Just street racing. It feels so good to pull away from some guy's little sport coupe with my 4 door grocery getter. On the highway, on some turns-they may not be that sharp but doing 120+ on them makes the car with no handling mods really scary and i have to let off the gas a bit. Recently I put the IS 300 rims and pirelli zero nero 215 45 17 tires. It does a suprising amount of fixing the problem-I guess because of stiffer and shorter sidewalls, so I guess with a stiffer lower suspension and a front strut bar, I would be satisfied. Yeah 1,000 bucks for carbon fiber is nuts. If I hit the lotto, I might still do it though. Yeah, I am crazy, but that makes me normal. :D

On the highway, on some turns-they may not be that sharp but doing 120+ on them makes the car with no handling mods really scary and i have to let off the gas a bit.

here's a novel idea that might improve your stability.

Why not try keeping it down to about 85 or 90 on the highway. :chairshot:

I just may be the poor guy coming the other way around the turn.

steviej

Yeah civics do handle better. I'll give em that. They weigh hardly anything. I do not intend on doing any serious racing. Just street racing. It feels so good to pull away from some guy's little sport coupe with my 4 door grocery getter. On the highway, on some turns-they may not be that sharp but doing 120+ on them makes the car with no handling mods really scary and i have to let off the gas a bit. Recently I put the IS 300 rims and pirelli zero nero 215 45 17 tires. It does a suprising amount of fixing the problem-I guess because of stiffer and shorter sidewalls, so I guess with a stiffer lower suspension and a front strut bar, I would be satisfied. Yeah 1,000 bucks for carbon fiber is nuts. If I hit the lotto, I might still do it though. Yeah, I am crazy, but that makes me normal. :D

IS wheels on a '97-'01 ES look pretty nice IMO (I'm talking about the 5 spoke one's, I'm not sure about the Sport Design ones). Doing 120+MPH on the highway is pretty gutsy with or without the IS wheels and tires. Be careful, you don't want to get arrested for driving that fast or worse, end up getting yourself and/or someone else serious injuried. I'm not trying to nag you, but I'd hate to hear something bad happening to you.