Rx400h

RAID10

Just got a Lexus brochure today with lots of pictures but not much on standard equipment or options. It states this model will go on sale April 15, 2005 (old news). It never shows a shot of the radio to see if XM is available, but the news said that it was announced by Toyota that all Lexus models will have the option from the factory. The letter also says that colors are available on the website, but I looked and just the 330 is there.

Mark Templin, Vice President, Lexus Marketing said in the letter that the development stage is over and the preproduction stage has started.

I also received a brochure. Currently have an 04 rx330. Getting 18 in town avg highway 23-25. Would like the improved mileage.

Where are the batteries?

Looks like the seats are a different arrangment.

Does anyone know if there is less storage space inside?

Are the little compartments below the carpet still there towards the rear?

The 400h will have everything the 330 has and more. As for the batteries they're arranged into the undercarriage and I suspect they won't impede in interior room based on my experience with the Prius.

Does the 400h have fully power-adjustable front seats - with lumbar adjustments on both?  What are the claimed mpg #s?

Seven colors are currently available: Black Onyx, Flint Mica, Neptune Blue Mica, Crystal White, Millennium Silver Metallic, Savannah Metallic and Bamboo Pearl.

Other options include:

Navigation system [1] with a seven-inch touch-panel display

screen and backup camera [2]

Mark Levinson® [3] Premium Audio System

Rear DVD entertainment system

The vehicle also comes standard with:

Power front-seat adjustment

Leather-trimmed interior

High-Intensity Discharge headlamps (HID) with Adaptive Front

Lighting System (AFS)

Rain-sensing windshield wipers

18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels

Official release date is confirmed as April 15th, 2005.

The first road test in Hawaii recorded an average of 34 MPG, although Lexus says that the RX400h will average a minimum of 27 MPG.

Any idea if it's the same size fuel tank as in the regular 330?  & what do you predict the price premium will be over the 330?  I'm guessing about $4,000 - $7,000 range?   :unsure:

:cheers:

The brochure said the fuel tank size is TBD. I heard the starting price was going to be around 40K.

Any idea if it's the same size fuel tank as in the regular 330?  & what do you predict the price premium will be over the 330?  I'm guessing about $4,000 - $7,000 range?   :unsure:

:cheers:

The brochure said the fuel tank size is TBD. I heard the starting price was going to be around 40K.

Remember that there will be only a very short list of available options. Everything else is standard equipment, so you'd have to factor that in when comparing prices of the 330 to the 400.

• 3 months later...
The 400h will have everything the 330 has and more. As for the batteries they're arranged into the undercarriage and I suspect they won't impede in interior room based on my experience with the Prius.

Please help as I'm a little confused, will it also have the auto/man. air-suspension leveling system & choice of interior Wood??? ~ btw, fuel tank is 17.2, prob. old news to many of you.

I got it from a dealer that the R400h will start at 40 or 41K with AWD, he thinks there will be no FWD offered.

Boy, were they way off the mark! $48.5K to start and a minimum of $50K for a while with the only option being rear DVD ($52.5K)

As far as I know, there will be no load leveling or wood trim, at least for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...