More Pics Of The 2006 Avalon:

Lexusfreak

I love the current Avalon...I guess I'm one of the few! :) I like the styling and interior room. Plus, the '05's(or 4's??) have an optional navi that is completely independant of all hvac and stereo controls-I believe it uses a remote. What a thought!! Call me old fashioned, but I like actual buttons rather than screens. :D Motor Trend made an excellent(well...I've never noticed it atleast!) observation...the dash on the current Avalon spans the entire width of the car just like many older American cars. Sadly, the Avalon was 4/4 in the test. It was prasied for its fit/finish, quality, quietness, and comfort but slammed for it's pillowy, boring ride. The 300C was first, followed by the Five Hundred, and Buick LaCrosse. I think the 300 is a stunning looking car--it's a no brainer, but I think that that there are many engines that are much more worth while than the Hemi which is its main barganing point.

The new Avalon looks like a winner to me. If it's interior dimensions are better than the LS's, it'll definantly be on my list when my LS croaks(which may be a while...the damn thing is unstopable with 242.6k miles!!).

:cheers:

I love the current Avalon...I guess I'm one of the few! :) I like the styling and interior room. Plus, the '05's(or 4's??) have an optional navi that is completely independant of all hvac and stereo controls-I believe it uses a remote. What a thought!! Call me old fashioned, but I like actual buttons rather than screens. :D  Motor Trend made an excellent(well...I've never noticed it atleast!) observation...the dash on the current Avalon spans the entire width of the car just like many older American cars. Sadly, the Avalon was 4/4 in the test. It was prasied for its fit/finish, quality, quietness, and comfort but slammed for it's pillowy, boring ride. The 300C was first, followed by the Five Hundred, and Buick LaCrosse. I think the 300 is a stunning looking car--it's a no brainer, but I think that that there are many engines that are much more worth while than the Hemi which is its main barganing point.

The new Avalon looks like a winner to me. If it's interior dimensions are better than the LS's, it'll definantly be on my list when my LS croaks(which may be a while...the damn thing is unstopable with 242.6k miles!!).

The 2006 Avalon is worth a closer look that's for sure! B)

I almost bought the Avalon before the LS..........

I just couldn't get over the "star trek" dash board........I know - I'm shallow like Jerry Seinfeld :lol: The tire stance is a little weak too........

If they change the dash....I would probably buy it.

It has MORE interior room than the 98-00 LS's for sure - It's gotta be close to the 01----current LS's...

I'll definately look into one if I ever sell the LS :cries: -- NEVER!!!!! :lol:

I'm going to have a much closer look when the Avalon hit's dealers lot's as well. I don't usually buy a vehicle in it's first year of production myself (just the way I am for some reason) so I won't make any decision untill the next generation ES arrives for 2007. :D

I don't usually buy a vehicle in it's first year of production myself (just the way I am for some reason)

That rule in general is actually pretty safe because sometimes when a car comes out of a complete redesign, it may have issues in it's first year. Besides, the 2nd year of that generation will generally have all of the kinks worked out. They may add more equipment too. Hard to stick with that rule though when you find a car in it's first production year that is very appealing though.

I don't usually buy a vehicle in it's first year of production myself (just the way I am for some reason)

That rule in general is actually pretty safe because sometimes when a car comes out of a complete redesign, it may have issues in it's first year. Besides, the 2nd year of that generation will generally have all of the kinks worked out. They may add more equipment too. Hard to stick with that rule though when you find a car in it's first production year that is very appealing though.

Very true vcv :) The Japanese auto makers are usually very good in getting any 'kink's' out of vehicles in their 2nd or 3rd year of production.........the Big 3 need almost the entire production cycle in some cases with their cars. :blink: