Just Got Ripped Off On Ebay

fnutz09

I need serious Help!!! :cries:...I recently purchased some GS400 rims on ebay...The seller :chairshot: stated that they only needed some dust cleaning as they has been stored for a couple of years and would then look as good as new...

Well when I got the rims... three we messed up with some bad curb/road burn... :censored: ....

I need to know:

1) if anybody knows if they can be refinished

2) and if they can :D who does this kind of work (preferably in the North East) as my trust level at this point in time is very low :( and I would prefer to drop the rims off locally and physically see the re-finished product before I pay for them...

Fool me once shame on you :censored: ...fool me twice shame on me...

I concur with both of the last posts.

See if you can't return them first. Negative feedback works wonders if done right.

If you can't return them, then try threatening small claims court for false advertising.

If still stuck with them, them check the balance and then go for repair.

Are they chrome or painted alloy?

steviej

I concur with both of the last posts.

See if you can't return them first.  Negative feedback works wonders if done right.

If you can't return them, then try threatening small claims court for false advertising.

If still stuck with them, them check the balance and then go for repair.

Are they chrome or painted alloy?

steviej

The are painted alloy...and Thanks for the feedback...

what was the Ebay item number?

The ebay Item# is 7933194216...I just brought them to a local rim shop today and he said 2 were slightly bent, but he could fix them and then refinish the whole set to look new for about $450...

My question now is...Is it worth having the two bent rims fixed?...or will I have problems with them from now on...even if he "fixes" them?....

how were they advertised?

did it say "perfect condition" or "not bent", if not you are getting into gray areas that would be left for you and the seller to haggle.

Check out the guidelines of eBay on this particular item and cost you paid.

Try opening a discussion with the seller and let him know you have consulted the proper authorities (ebay and a lawyer). Kindly ask him to either cover the cost of the repairs or meet you half way.

the prime rule of ebay is not never bid more than you can afford to lose. However, sellers have to assume some responsibility for items that are sold not as they really are.

I would see if I could return them for all money paid and walk away from the whole matter. Start again and stay local so you can inspect the wheels in person, even take them to a shop to have tested before you pay.

steviej

how were they advertised?

did it say "perfect condition" or "not bent", if not you are getting into gray areas that would be left for you and the seller to haggle.

Check out the guidelines of eBay on this particular item and cost you paid. 

Try opening a discussion with the seller and let him know you have consulted the proper authorities (ebay and a lawyer).  Kindly ask him to either cover the cost of the repairs or meet you half way.

the prime rule of ebay is not never bid more than you can afford to lose.  However, sellers have to assume some responsibility for items that are sold not as they really are.

I would see if I could return them for all money paid and walk away from the whole matter.  Start again and stay local so you can inspect the wheels in person, even take them to a shop to have tested before you pay.

steviej

MY QUSTION NOW IS CAN "BENT "RIMS BE FIXED BACK TO THEIER ORIGINAL CONDITION?...

yes they can depending on how bad they are bent, but it is possible.

Again, ask yourself, will it be worth it in the end

total cost of rims + repair of the rims is <=, or > the cost of the rims brand new.

steviej

Well the cost of the rims Brand New from Lexus is about $675 per rim with caps...but of course if I get these fixed they well not be brand new but pretty close I guess...

I did do some research and found that I can get re-finished rims with out caps for around $200 to $250 per rim without caps from different parts of the country without shipping...

So. I guess if I was to look at the overall picture...What I paid on ebay and what it will cost me to have them fixed re-finished locally...so I save on shipping...I am around $100 to $200 over... :angry: ...but I guess it could have been worse...

The problem was I did NOT want to spend around $1000 for four rims...I only wanted to spend around $500...

Thanks for your feedback steviej

total cost of rims + repair of the rims is <=, or > the cost of the rims brand new.

steviej

Well the cost of the rims Brand New from Lexus is about $675 per rim with caps...but of course if I get these fixed they well not be brand new but pretty close I guess...

I did do some research and found that I can get re-finished rims with out caps for around $200 to $250 per rim without caps from different parts of the country without shipping...

So. I guess if I was to look at the overall picture...What I paid on ebay and what it will cost me to have them fixed re-finished locally...so I save on shipping...I am around $100 to $200 over... :angry: ...but I guess it could have been worse...

The problem was I did NOT want to spend around $1000 for four rims...I only wanted to spend around $500...

Did I miss the part where you were going to backcharge the seller, if you used PayPal or a credit card? That's why in the very beginning I asked how you paid for these. I really don't understand why you are dead set on keeping these when you say you got ripped offf.

steviej

Did I miss the part where you were going to backcharge the seller, if you used PayPal or a credit card? That's why in the very beginning I asked how you paid for these. I really don't understand why you are dead set on keeping these when you say you got ripped offf.

I did use PayPal and I have already informed them...IMHO they are a :censored: joke and already said they cannot do anything on condition issues...So much for their $1000 protection...I have dealt with Ebay and PayPal for many years and I have never received any money back from PayPal...Ebay yes...IMHO their protection "service" is a scam to give you a warm fuzzy feeling to use their service and so that feel you are in some way protected <_< ...WELL YOU ARE NOT...(maybe only if you use your credit card)...anyway I digress

I am not dead set on keeping the rims and tried to get some money back from the seller but he refuses to refund me any money...he thinks I am trying to pull a fast one on him :chairshot: ...even after I gave him the number of the person re-finishing the rims to prove to this :censored: that the rims are in bad condition and far from "like new after cleaned with soap and water" as stated in his auction....

I am stuck with the rims....It’s a matter of money and a thing called "shipping"...Even if I get him to refund my money and I split the shipping with him I still will be out over $100 and left with NOTHING to show for it...and that would be assuming he split the shipping fees with me for both directions...(why would he do that...if I had to pay for shipping both directions and he just refunded me the cost of the rims...I would be out over $200 and again left with NOTHING to show for it but this wonderful life learning experience...

So, the way I see it is...I am stuck with the rims and its going to cost me somewhat more than it would if I just bought re-finshed rims from somebody in the begining...So much for those wonderful deals on Ebay... :wacko: