I Need New Tires!

chromiez

i have a '91 LS400 with the stock chrome wheels P205/65R15. The tread is really worn down now and i need new tires. i currently have yokohama v550's and they were pretty good.

Any reccomendations on new tires? i want something that does well in wet & dry conditions, since it never snows here, some sporty handling and maintains a comfortable ride and no road noise. any help would be good thanks!

toyo t1-s tires are the ultimaet of all conditions

also i think your tires aer unsersized i think they would be 225's for a large car like an ls

check the manual or door side panel

or the glove box sticker for proper size

I was told that Lexus approves of the 215/60 and 215/65 tires for the 15 inch wheels as an upgrade from the 205/65. I have owned lots of brands over the years, and I wanted to upgrade the tires that came on the car, so I searched tirerack.com and found that Bridgestone had a good rating, superior to the Michelin MXV-4 I was considering. Costco had the 215/60-15 RE930i on sale, and I bought them. I am very pleased with the handling, ride and looks. They are slightly noisy, a bit of a whine at highway speeds, but otherwise I have no complaints. I think the most recent version of the tire is the RE950. They were also $230 less for a set of four than the Michelins. Worth a look anyways.

By the way, that is a truly excellent colour on your car - must be a beautiful car.

thanks for the info guys i'll be sure to check those tires out. Thanks SRK the color is pretty nice. at first it didnt like it but now i i have i do. the car would be beautiful if it wasant for all those scracthes, key marks, aged paint.

i was just shopping for new tires yesterday, my size is very expnsive for some reason, its like at leat 90$ for a 225/60/16 tire, but i think mishelins are the best, i got myself a cooper tire with V rating and this is what you have to take, it might be lil ruff, but it will last longer and it is rated for speeds up to 150, i got myself cooper tires, people understimate them for some reason, i know they dont look good on lexus but hey, if you want to pay extra 100$ for each tire then of course othewise my choises were dunlop and cooper, i want them to last a year and then i want to transfer to 18 inch rims. suprisingly when i changed tires today i felt that the steering wheel turns much easier and car handles better then with my old goodyears Eagle GT II. my local dealer gave me free warranty for 2 years, and free whill alignment anytime and free tire swapping. very good deal for 500$ that i paid for tires and installation all together.

as to scratches and aged paint, try to do compound and then wax, i had to repaint my rear right fender and my whole car was in overspray plus bunch of minor scratches, after the compound and wax it looks like new, i'm gonna upload new pix tomorrow so you can take a look on b4 and after

i was about to get those tires but then again my local tire shop convinced me to buy smth like those tires locally but with 2 year replasement warranty and free swapping and free balancing. so i went for that deal and i ended up paying same money. i wanted to install 235s also but guys at the shop told me not to do so on the original rims because it might kill the steering wheel pump. so you better check with the dealer or some1 who knows the car really well. i got those cheap tires becase soon my dream will come true and i will ride the hood with my new 18 inch rims and low profile 235 michelins!!!!!

A reviewer on cureline.net suggested 'Goddyear Invicta GA 225/60 VR16' tires for LS400... any body tried them? I am curious to know the experiences as to ride quality, road noise and tracking.

i checked out tirerack.com, they had some good deals. for the ls400 i found out that kuhmos are pretty good and cheap, but the best i saw was bridgestone turenzas! they got some good ratings there but about $105 each i think. the dunlops werent really high rated, they were alright, but its tread life and harsh ride got it low ratings.