Condesation In Headlights

SRK

Hi guys - I have been on the LS board for a couple of years now, and last week I bought a 98 GS400 to add to the LS. The GS is fantastic - better every day I drive it.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and its getting a damp and cold up here. The car had condensation in both headlights, and both driving lights, when I bought it. During the week the right side cleared up completely, but the left side has gotten worse. Has anyone else ever experienced this, and if so is there a cure? Perhaps there is some kind of vent that may be plugged?

Thanks.

There are updated headlamps for this condition.

Thanks - I was afraid of that. I am sure the cost will be prohibitive. I will check with the dealer on their solution.

I used my little hot air space heater today by directing it at the lights, and they dried up quite well, although I don't want to do that every week!

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here - this is the war room!"

President Muffley, in "Dr. Strangelove"

Anyways, it rained today and the two left side light are wet inside again, and the rights are dry.

"Gentlemen!  You can't fight in here - this is the war room!"

Anyways, it rained today and the two left side light are wet inside again, and the rights are dry.

You just gotta take them out and take apart and reseal them. Or maybe find a set on Ebay.

most all of the GS's have this problem...if you find the fix without replacing them, let me know

"Gentlemen!  You can't fight in here - this is the war room!"

You just gotta take them out and take apart and reseal them. Or maybe find a set on Ebay.

Hi guys - I have been on the LS board for a couple of years now, and last week I bought a 98 GS400 to add to the LS.  The GS is fantastic - better every day I drive it.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and its getting a damp and cold up here.  The car had condensation in both headlights, and both driving lights, when I bought it. During the week the right side cleared up completely, but the left side has gotten worse.  Has anyone else ever experienced this, and if so is there a cure?  Perhaps there is some kind of vent that may be plugged?

Thanks.

I have a 2001 GS300 that had the same problem. I popped the bulbs out and dried the lights out from the back with a blowdrier, but got tired of doing this every time it rained.

Turned out it was some leaks in the seal along the top of each light where the black seal strip met the clear lens. I filled all the gaps I could find on the top of each light with black silicone, and I'll be damned if it didn't quit. Haven't had the problem in a year now.

• 5 months later...

having the same problem. everyone keeps saying remove the headlights, remove the headlights.....well how exactly do you do this hahahaha....is it really labour intensive.

also...does anyone know where i can find a set of these replacement headlights?

mehullica had made mention of some "Upgraded headlights" but does that mean going to the stealer and spending $$$$

thanks for helping me out guys