Driver's Door Handle

ec437

the exterior driver's door handle on my ls400 has issues. When I pull on it to open the door, it is loose and feels rough as it lifts. The top of the handle visibly scrapes the frame around it. The rest of the car's door handles open smoothly and are not loose at all. Can I just take apart the door and tighten up some screws, or would a fix be more complicated than that?

the exterior driver's door handle on my ls400 has issues. When I pull on it to open the door, it is loose and feels rough as it lifts. The top of the handle visibly scrapes the frame around it. The rest of the car's door handles open smoothly and are not loose at all. Can I just take apart the door and tighten up some screws, or would a fix be more complicated than that?

Hi ec437,

My back door handle broke. I was able to take it out and very carefully glue it back together with epoxy, because it is plastic. It's been good for a year so far. You can add extra glue on the backside where nobody can see it, for extra strength. It works just like new. I'd give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

Daffy