5,000 Mile Service By Dealer?

DM IS300

Anyone heard about a 5,000 mile change oil service by the dealer? I was at the dealer yesterday and the service manager said, that it's only 2,300 miles since the last oil change. It's not necessary to do the oil and filter at this time. He said that 5,000 miles or 6 months is necessary. :) BTW I just had my tranny oil and filter change since I bought it last Jan.

The maintnance manual for the 5000 mile service schedule calls for oil and filter change every 5000 miles or 4 months. This is the "severe serivce schedule which includes "frequent trips less than 5 miles". Most people would fall into this category.

The "less than severere" service intervals are 7500 miles or 6 months for oil and filter changes.

Personally I'd always go with the 5000 mile,4 months interval, just to be safe.

does anyone go by the manual to go to the service at the dealer and pay big bucks like the 5k 10k 15k 20k ect... do u guys think it is worth it.....

in the manual it states that the 45k they change the air cabin filter but when i took it to the dealer for the 45k service they told me my manual is out dated that they don't do that...are they ripping me off or the dealer sucks..... my dealer is longo lexus

does anyone go by the manual to go to the  service at the dealer and pay big bucks like the 5k 10k 15k 20k ect...  do u guys think it is worth it.....

in the manual it states that the 45k they change the air cabin filter but when i took it to the dealer for the 45k service they told me my manual is out dated that they don't do that...are they ripping me off or the dealer sucks.....  my dealer is longo lexus

Some do, some don't.

I have my regular mechanic do the inspections and fluid changes. You can buy the cabin filter cheaper online and change it yourself. Same goes for lots of maintenance items. Just keep receipts for what you get done.

If the dealer didn't change the cabin filter, and didn't charge for it, you're probably lucky. He'd have charged big bucks for that.

I do most of the stuff myself:

Inspections, tire rotations, oil & filter, tranny drain and fill, cabin filter change, wiper insert changes, the easy stuff.

The only thing I take to the dealer or independent are coolant flushes, brake fluid flushes, power steering flushes (all part of the 30k, 60k, 90k etc.)

steviej

• 1 year later...
does anyone go by the manual to go to the service at the dealer and pay big bucks like the 5k 10k 15k 20k ect... do u guys think it is worth it.....

in the manual it states that the 45k they change the air cabin filter but when i took it to the dealer for the 45k service they told me my manual is out dated that they don't do that...are they ripping me off or the dealer sucks..... my dealer is longo lexus

Some do, some don't.

I have my regular mechanic do the inspections and fluid changes. You can buy the cabin filter cheaper online and change it yourself. Same goes for lots of maintenance items. Just keep receipts for what you get done.

If the dealer didn't change the cabin filter, and didn't charge for it, you're probably lucky. He'd have charged big bucks for that.

Where do you get the cabin air filter? Only filters I see are for the IS300... My 10,000 is due... and I dont want to pay $100+ for the cabin filter....

Where do you get the cabin air filter? Only filters I see are for the IS300... My 10,000 is due... and I dont want to pay $100+ for the cabin filter....

You have 10,000 miles on that thing already??? :o

I feel so much better now.

I bought the MDX on May 15, and it's got 11,000 on it now.

With the amount of driving I do, I sometimes think I'm crazy buying a nice car.

With others doing the same, I feel a little better.

I figure, if I'm gonna spend 3 hours a day in my car, I want it to be a pleasurable experience. :rolleyes:

:::Actually, now that I think of it, you picked yours up in April, right? I guess your doing better than me after all::::

Some do, some don't.

http://www.irontoad.com/Merchant2/merchant...;Store_Code=LSC

You have 10,000 miles on that thing already??? :o

I feel so much better now.

I bought the MDX on May 15, and it's got 11,000 on it now.

With the amount of driving I do, I sometimes think I'm crazy buying a nice car.

With others doing the same, I feel a little better.

I figure, if I'm gonna spend 3 hours a day in my car, I want it to be a pleasurable experience. :rolleyes:

:::Actually, now that I think of it, you picked yours up in April, right? I guess your doing better than me after all::::

Yup... and the crazy part is... My office is only 1.4 miles away... :o I'm going to park it for 3 months this winter... so that will help the miles on it... but man... she is such a joy to drive... when ever I have a chance to head down to DC or Upstate NY.... I jump and go!!! My IS350 is my drug of choice! :snoooorrrtttt: