Problem Pumping Gas

RX300MS

Greetings. My 99 RX300 got a new habit now. About a month ago, when I tried to feed her some gas, the pump lever keeps popping up; I had to manually hold the lever to fill and I had to be hold it very still, since otherwise the lever would pop again. It looks the that the gas would not go down quick enough so (I guess) the sensor on the nozzle thought it's filled up.

Do any of you guys have the problem too? I was thinking that it might be the bubbles, but I am not sure.

Anyone?

Cheers.

Is there a chance that someone tried to siphon gas out? sounds like something has obstructed the filler neck or it has collapsed. See if you can look inside the filler tube for blockage.

Jeff

P.S. don't use a match for light, LOL

Greetings. My 99 RX300 got a new habit now. About a month ago, when I tried to feed her some gas, the pump lever keeps popping up; I had to manually hold the lever to fill and I had to be hold it very still, since otherwise the lever would pop again. It looks the that the gas would not go down quick enough so (I guess) the sensor on the nozzle thought it's filled up.

Do any of you guys have the problem too? I was thinking that it might be the bubbles, but I am not sure.

Anyone?

Cheers.

Do not insert the pipe so deep and it will not cuase the bubbles to rise up so quickly.

Adjust the depth and angle to find the right ones.

It has nothing to do with the car just an over sensative pump system pumping out too much air.

Thanks, guys,

I was thinking that it was the gas station at first; but it turned out that it happened every where I went.

I also tried to put the pipe at different positions, it just would not work. What I could feel is that the gas seemed to be topping and I had to wait for it to settle.

Given that the intake is so small, I don't know if I can see anything. But I will try once I get home.

Thanks again.

Peace.