2005 Ls430

anitafagina

Greetings all.

I'm ready to step up to a 2005 LS430 with Ultra Luxury Package, Black Onyx exterior color. Edmond's TMV has it at very close the MSRP of $67,000. Now, the invoice is around $50,000. What's a reasonable price for a 2005 LS430 with UL package? I'm in the Seattle area, but have purchased vehicle out-of-state and had it shipped to my home. So, that's always an option. What's the best deal out there? I'm thinking of offering $1500 to $2000 over invoice being a reasonable mark-up. Please let me know. Thanks. Anita.

You're not going to get more than $3-4k off of the MSRP on that car. Its not like an ES or something where they sell them in volume and thats where they make the profit. So I'd say shoot for 66k or so.

You're not going to get more than $3-4k off of the MSRP on that car. Its not like an ES or something where they sell them in volume and thats where they make the profit. So I'd say shoot for 66k or so.

You should be able to get $5-6k off of the invoice. However, early in the model year they don't move as much off of the srticker; new model buying frenzy.

Lou K

In California sure, but not elsewhere in the country. Lexus prices are significantly lower in CA thats why a lot of car brokers get cars from there. Being in Seattle she could get one from California pretty easily though.

As you can see, I just purchased my new LS430. I was evaluating both a 2005 and a 2004 LS. The dealer was REALLY anxious to sell his last 2004. I ended up at about $1,000 under invoice on my 2004. He was willing to sell a $71K 2005 for about $68K so you can see the difference in pricing/dealing. Like one of the other folks said - the 2005's are still "new" and may not get as deep a discount. Good luck!!

Bruce

My aunt just bought a '05 Cypress Pearl 430 Custom Lux for about $64k out the door. They only took about $1500 off the msrp, but they made up for it on her trade which was a 95 S320 lwb 102k miles that leaked oil and tranny fluid, the trunk was held shut with duck tape, and the rear quater panel needed to be painted since the car was backed into a mail box...$6500!

:cheers:

Steve - Just good old fashioned tactics - keep getting up to leave saying you'll think about it and lo and behold, the price comes down. I'm sure they had some back end incentive but that's OK. I feel like I got a good deal and that's what counts in the end.

Bruce

Thats definately true, but luxury car salespeople will just let you walk. Thats a very popular car and they WILL sell it. Every area has their own "price" and I've learned that generally Lexus salespeople are pretty legitimate when they quote you a price. There's a LOT more dealing room in areas with a lot of dealers like California.

In California sure, but not elsewhere in the country. Lexus prices are significantly lower in CA thats why a lot of car brokers get cars from there. Being in Seattle she could get one from California pretty easily though.

If I can get one say $1500 over the invoice in Calif, I can have it shipped up to Seattle for $700. I bought my G35 from Texas that way. Only paid $500 over invoice + $700 shipping. The local Infiniti Dealership wanted MSRP ($3000! over invoice), I only paid $1200 over invoice effectively. And, the nice thing is when I have the G35 at my driveway, it only had 7 miles on the odometer! I plan to fax out my offer in a couple of days to Seattle dealerships with $1500 over invoice offer. If I don't hear back from any of them, I will shoot for dealerships in Calif. Thanks for the info. BTW, any particular dealerships you have worked with in the past that are reputable and good to do business with?

As you can see, I just purchased my new LS430.  I was evaluating both a 2005 and a 2004 LS.  The dealer was REALLY anxious to sell his last 2004. I ended up at about $1,000 under invoice on my 2004.  He was willing to sell a $71K 2005 for about $68K so you can see the difference in pricing/dealing.  Like one of the other folks said - the 2005's are still "new" and may not get as deep a discount.  Good luck!!

Bruce

That's good to know about the 2004. Loot at it this way thought, the 2004 already has a year worth of depreciation. I think I am better off with a 2005. Btw, which part of the country did you get your LS430? THx Anita

My aunt just bought a '05 Cypress Pearl 430 Custom Lux for about $64k out the door. They only took about $1500 off the msrp, but they made up for it on her trade which was a 95 S320 lwb 102k miles that leaked oil and tranny fluid, the trunk was held shut with duck tape, and the rear quater panel needed to be painted since the car was backed into a mail box...$6500!

:cheers:

$1500 off MSRP isn't much given that the spread between invoice and msrp is around $6-7k. Where about did your aunt get her LS430? (State/City) Thx, Anita

Anita, she bought her car at LeBlanc Lex in Baton Rouge, LA. Sadly, the other Lexus delaer in New Orleans is owned by the same people, so their pricing is very similar. $1500 certainly isn't much, but her Benz needs several thousands worth of repairs.

Greetings all.

I'm ready to step up to a 2005 LS430 with Ultra Luxury Package, Black Onyx exterior color. Edmond's TMV has it at very close the MSRP of $67,000. Now, the invoice is around $50,000. What's a reasonable price for a 2005 LS430 with UL package? I'm in the Seattle area, but have purchased vehicle out-of-state and had it shipped to my home. So, that's always an option. What's the best deal out there? I'm thinking of offering $1500 to $2000 over invoice being a reasonable mark-up. Please let me know. Thanks. Anita.

:cheers: Congratulations on wanting to "move on up".

I sent you an e-mail this am but not sure it got to you as I did not go through the forum. this is sort of a repeat.

I am a licensed broker in Thousand Oaks (Southern California) and do a considerable amount of work with Lexus Clients.

I would be happy to get you a bid from this area if you would like, however, you MUST be advised that your numbers are WAY LOW for what you are asking for.

I suggest you go to Lexus.com and build your car on-site to get the real MSRP - then the invoice can be better determined.

As I see it, a loaded ULTRA would MSRP for around $74,000. They do make a Custom level that MSRP at around $66,800.

Anyway, would be happy to see what we could do from here and suggest you see what the "bottom line" is in Seattle before you start waging this war!

You may visit my website - www.ronsadvice.com - to see what we are all about.

Very sincerely

Ron Johnson :rolleyes:

:cheers: Congratulations on wanting to "move on up".

I sent you an e-mail this am but not sure it got to you as I did not go through the forum.  this is sort of a repeat.

I am a licensed broker in Thousand Oaks (Southern California) and do a considerable amount of work with Lexus Clients.

I would be happy to get you a bid from this area if you would like, however, you MUST be advised that your numbers are WAY LOW for what you are asking for.

I suggest you go to Lexus.com and build your car on-site to get the real MSRP - then the invoice can be better determined.

As I see it, a loaded ULTRA would MSRP for around $74,000.  They do make a Custom level that MSRP at around $66,800.

Anyway, would be happy to see what we could do from here and suggest you see what the "bottom line" is in Seattle before you start waging this war!

You may visit my website - www.ronsadvice.com - to see what we are all about.

Very sincerely

Ron Johnson  :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply. Nothing for now. Anita

I really don't think you're going to be able to find an 05 Ultra for 1500 over invoice...

I think that's my starting point. You see...if I offer MSRP, I for sure will get the car, but what's the challenge there. I think $1500 to $2000 over the invoice is a fair/reasonable price to pay. Like I say, when I purchased my G, I had to go all the way to Texas. To save $3000+, I will do it in a heart beat. Just need to do enought research to make sure all are legit. Thx. Anita

Well no, you dont want to ever offer MSRP for a car, but don't be expecting to be able to swing a deal for one for $1500 over invoice especially when its out of state and they can't count on any service business. Keep in mind that the LS has a much lower on the lot time than the G35, Infinitis always sell at really steep discounts.

I have a 2-part question:

1. Can I get the ash interior for the ultra-lux package?

2005 LS430

Ext. color: Black Onyx

Int. color: Ash Leather Trim with Walnut Accent

*Ultra Luxury Package without Pre-collision System*

2. Invoice $59,896: Is $1500 over invoice $61,500 + T&L something that can be done for the car describe above?

Thanks,

Anita

there is not more then a $8000. difference between msrp and invoice. then factor in it is not a volume car and its in great demand. $2000 -$3000 off msrp is good. if you invested $60000. you would want to make a $5000 profit on your money. then factor in the dealer has to pay advertising, floor plan, commisions etc. and also factor in they may have higher overhead just so they can be in your neighborhood to better serve you. its worth a little more

2.  Invoice $59,896:  Is $1500 over invoice $61,500 + T&L something that can be done for the car describe above?

Thanks,

Anita

I've already told you several times but you don't seem to be listening, NO I DON'T THINK SO Thats $9500 off MSRP on a car thats been out a month and a half, unheard of.

2.  Invoice $59,896:  Is $1500 over invoice $61,500 + T&L something that can be done for the car describe above?

Thanks,

Anita

I've already told you several times but you don't seem to be listening, NO I DON'T THINK SO Thats $9500 off MSRP on a car thats been out a month and a half, unheard of.

I heard, I heard...Thanks for your reply. Anybody else?

BTW, buying a car is hardly an "investment". It depreciates as soon as you drive off the lot...and lucky if you retain 50% of what you paid after 3 years.