Air Suspension On 91 Ls400

Tmcclish11

well the thing is that you need to trick the car in to thinking that the suspension is higher than it really is so that it lowers it self to compensate for the extra hight. so what you have to do is shorten the arms equally on all 4 sides. but how you do that is up to you. and in japan they sell ride height controllers but i dont know if you can get that in the states or if it wires up the same .

unless you just got air sus replaced, since air sus on 91 LS4 can go bad anytime, quite frankly, I won't invest too much into them, was it me.

lextreme also offer air sus to standard shock conversion kit with 1.5" lower height, maybe you can consider one stone to kill 2 birds:

http://www.lextreme.com/allgo.html

• 2 months later...

On mine theres a height control next to the gear stick and it says high and normal. I thought about taking it to a suspension place and reduce the ride height to lowest legal when the car think it is on "high" and so when i park it and push it to normal, it would be sitting way low. But since its a 15yo car, im too scared to play around all the time with the button fearing that it'd break.

However i did come across this and it might be the same or it should for the LS400 if you do have the air suspension and want to try lowering it yourself. I frankly don't have the guts to do it myself in fear of !Removed! up the geometry

http://planetsoarer.com/lower/Lower.html

There is a service kit from Lexus for servicing the air suspension. It hooks into the harness inside the trunk. The great thing about it is that it will allow you to select the "Low" setting. Low setting isn't one of the choices on the console switch for USA cars. I bought my kit on Ebay for cheap a few months ago. There should be one on Ebay once in a while.

Tell me more about this kit. Is it easy to operate and connect? Will the car always stay on this low setting? This sounds interesting.

Wandawoods is right. Dont mess with the air shocks. You replace one and other will go bad. Its time they all go bad. Do the conversion and you will take care of this problem forever and I mean forever. I get about one email a week asking about my air shock that i am selling. I tell all me senders to do the conversion.

So the kit from rush imports isn't worth it? Would the kit possibly damage the air sus quicker?

It might be wise then to just save up and when they do go bad do the conversion. Can i still lose 2" with springs and shocks? And what springs and shocks are good for all round and considering this car will never see the track?

Wilfred,

Having a LS400 with AS, you dont have much choice.

david

So the kit from rush imports isn't worth it? Would the kit possibly damage the air sus quicker?

It might be wise then to just save up and when they do go bad do the conversion. Can i still lose 2" with springs and shocks? And what springs and shocks are good for all round and considering this car will never see the track?

• 3 weeks later...
Tell me more about this kit. Is it easy to operate and connect? Will the car always stay on this low setting? This sounds interesting.

Wandawoods is right. Dont mess with the air shocks. You replace one and other will go bad. Its time they all go bad. Do the conversion and you will take care of this problem forever and I mean forever. I get about one email a week asking about my air shock that i am selling. I tell all me senders to do the conversion.

Do you have an air ride compressor you want to give away or sell? Since you convert or know people who do, i would like to take an air ride compressor off of someones hands, if possible. if possible, ill give you my email address . later,

the snake

i have a 92 LS400, and want another compressor, i think i messed mine up, i want a back up incase i have. later :whistles:

• 4 weeks later...