Safari Bar And Winch Installed On Lx470

GRD

The LX470 will lift the truck 3" at the push of a button. Great feature. The tires are 285/75/16 BFG 8 ply AT's. Not stock size, but much better fit for the truck. I use Optima batteries and I keep a jumper battery pack in the truck. This allows me to have one battery with backup power ready if needed.

George

• 3 weeks later...

hey george did you add the winch and bumper yourself? and which size winch did you get i have been stalling on the winch and bumper for some time and will order soon so it comes by spring i guess; by the way i dont like the crome bar that goes on the top and some one told me it can be just un bolted is that true???

Call the guys at Slee Offroad (www.sleeoffroad.com for contact info).

They have this same bar on their LX 470 expedition rig. The guys there are great to work with -- also, if you check out their site (look for 100 series gear), you'll see other bumper options.

Cheers.

hey grd what size tires are you running on your lx i have to get new ones soon and want to get a little bigger size but i am all confused by what is the max tire size which will fit plus form the ihmud site some people tell me that some of the rims are 16 and not 18 which i thought were on the lx 470. sorry it has taken me so long to respond and post stuff but my wife is away for work and i am being the single parent dont have much extra time to spend on the computer. thanks

• 2 months later...

looks great! im too do not like the chrome bit on the top tube....but to each his/her own.

im will be going with the ARB Delux Wench Bull Bar as it will protect the front end better when i mow down one of the elk in the area.....

Deluxe_mainpic.jpg

regards,

terry

You should see the Elk here in Arizona. I hunt in area one, here in AZ. This area holds the record bull elk in the USA.

Check out my property at www.antlerridge.com. Great 4wheeling up there and here in Tucson, where I live.

Regards,

George