2005 Mustang

VMF

i saw a show on discovery channel about the 2005 mustang and now i'm in love. did you guys c pix of the car? i heard the engine noise going from 600 to 7000 rpm and it is awesome!!!! what do you guys thinkg about the car? i know its not avalable yet but i might be one of the first ones to get it. :) i dont know when they will have cobra svt version of it but its worth the wait!!!!

yeah i saw something too about that they were building the car and testing it to be a factory road race care, in some series, i don't remember.....it was gonna replace an older cobra that was on the circuit already.........

they built the car and engine, put it on the dyno,

then had their factory race car driver drive it around the track and give it hell........that thing looked and sounded ferocious :huh:

Kurt Busch also took it for a spin and he thought it was sweet too.....he said "man this is a racecar" :lol:

i personally love it.......great design, great engine

Are they reasonable or very high rates compared to what your driving now?? I'm gonna give Ford a year or two to massage any 'bug's' out of the new Mustang & perhaps get a 'special edition' GT.....I can't wait to test drive one however. :)

:cheers:

the difference in price from a GT to a Cobra or saleen is a lot of money.....don't know about the '05s but i know you can get a GT 5 speed for around 20-21K brand new now..........( i was looking at them and test driving them about 2 months ago)

the cobra's are upwards of 30K

and the Rousch or Saleen well you are looking at around 40K......A BIG difference in price

but its worth it:) i drove old saleens and cobras and its really nice, i would love to get a 69 dodge charger but they are way too expensive.

heck you could get a GT for 20-21 and put a supercharder on it for 2-3 grand. and have something about as fast as a cobra...........i don't know if cobra's have different heads or not....

either way they are sweet, :cheers:

i've been after a GT 99+ but after a lot of research i think (in a year or two) i'm gonna go the SS camaro route. <_<

keepin the lexi though. :lol:

i'm gonna keep the lex as well, just not the one i have now, planning to sell acura and ls400 and get like a 2000 or 20001 ls as well as mustang

cobras have different bodykit as well as suspension, transmission, differential etc..

its not only about the engine, its about handling, braking looks etc:)

yeah i know that, but i love the shape of the new stang, i'm not really into racing, i love the engine sound and the shape, it just appeals to me, 99-04 stangs are good but the shape is not that appealing.

i love the engine sound and the shape, it just appeals to me, 99-04 stangs are good but the shape

i heard that..........nothing sounds better than the mustang V8.....music to my ears :lol:

put a nice cam in there and a header with a cat back.....LOOK OUT......ferocious :blink:

I agree the Mustang GT/Cobra is one of the greatest sounding cars out there-it's got a nice sound, but it's not obnoxious, and Ford took some time to make it so-the exhausts are different sizes on each side for that classic sound(the mufflers have different part numbers for each side). What has swayed you toward the Camaro SS?

What has swayed you toward the Camaro SS?

well, for one they are a ton faster than a GT........and for the money i want to spend.......a newer cobra/roush/saleen is outta my budget.......

i could get a 97-98(i love the 98+ SS body style, they are high though) i could smoke just about any mustang on the road.

i also feel that chevy builds a more mechanically sound car than ford......(don't want to step on any toes, thats just my opinion) mustang interior is cheap looking and cheaply built, so is the rest of the car, exept power parts, ie....engine, tranny, rear end.

i love the LT1 and the LS1

i don't know i haven't really made up my mind yet...i'm still looking at both.....i love the mustang as well, sounds great, and looks great......

but the SS camaro is just in a differnt league, IMO, those engines are just far superior........

but i would love to have a cobra, don't get me wrong...... :lol:

i was thinking about camaro as well and my friend even had one and it he crashed and burned it. it was x8 or smth, and i have to tell u that yes, camaro is faster car but mustang beats camaro in maneurability and handling and i'm getting the stang for the casual driving, no racing so those things are more important to me and that made up my decision. as to the interior i might rennovate it a bit, ricaro seats, DVD/ navigation, etc...

I respect your opinion totally but must disagree! :D I do not like Chevy interiors of the '90s one bit like this one found in a '97 Cam SS...it's soo Chevy Cavilier. I'm not the only one; car magazine editors bash the hell out of the Vette for it's interior because it is an otherwise superb car for its $50k msrp. I've driven one before(a C5-'99), and I was heartbroken to see an American icon degraded for an extra buck. Same on you GM. :( The exterior on the Camaro looks a little busy to me. :blushing: :

9a_4.JPG

I'm going to disagree that Chevy makes a more sound car. Maybe they do, but our '99 Suburban has been nothing short of a mechanical nightmare. This thing has an insatiable appatite for water pumps and alternators, and a nicely toasted tranny at 60k. You've got to cut the GT a little slack you you compare it with the top Camaro SS; the Z28 is on more level plaing ground with the GT. :)

This interior from a '98 Mustang so much easier on the eye! Ford's interiors are always plain, simple, and pretty. If you go with a Stang the Mach 460 stereo is a must!! B)

1b_12_s.JPG

VMF, I think you're thinking of the Z28. ;)

thats why i like you blake you respect others opinions, just as i (we) respect yours. :D

i had a 2004 Vette, well it wasn't mine :blushing: but it was for 6 months,,,,,it was my G/F's G-pa's won't go into the details..........that thing was ferocious (thats my new word) :lol:

P.S. look in the buy and sel forum and look at a past post "04 vette for sale", thats her.

but yeah the interiour is plain. especially for a 55k car, like you mentioned.....

lets put it this way both the interiors are pretty plain and dull......

like i said above i think the Mustangs and Cobras are Sweet!!!!

but if i had to choose just one i would go with the 98+ SS camaro. they are WAY faster.

its a tough descision, and one i'm not rushing into,,,,,,i've drivin both, i like both.....so we'll see, i'll keep you updated

thats why i like you blake you respect others opinions, just as i (we) respect yours. :D

Thanks so much! :D You're not so bad yourself! ;)

I don't find the interior too plain; it's just extremely low rent. It's got the same stereo head unit that's in a Malibu or any other chevy, and a lot of things don't look and feel $50k-ish. The one I've driven is a converitble, and the switch that pops the toneau cover looks like it's tacked on at the end of production because the wires just dangle; their not in any kind of enclosure or anything like that. :( The view of the hood from the driver's seat is simply amazing! It is very dramatic. And, the gauges are great...especially how they dance when you turn the key on! :D

You've got perfectly reasonable reasons for leaning toward the SS-more HP and less $$. Good luck with your decision!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone seen a C6 Vette in person yet? I did just the other day, huge improvement on the interior.

I like the new Mustang too.

Ford mustang ? I'd go with the vette , My friend has a 40th anniv.in red and there are fake scoops on the sides and hood , cheap interior , looks cheap under the hood , loose wiring harnesses and the like , But he likes it for $30,000 . You can get alot of lexus for that .

Anyone seen a C6 Vette in person yet? I did just the other day, huge improvement on the interior.

I like the new Mustang too.

Someone down my street has a C6...it's a great looking car, but his is a nasty tera cotta orange color. lol I haven't seen the interior in person though.

I love the new Mustangs too!! I saw one on the interstate the other day; it is a great looking car! And, the interior is excellent!