My Gs 430 Sport

Finally got around to getting some pics of my new car - weather has been pigging awful last few weeks.

Please note, that these pics are before I detail it, and yes - I both have a crappy digital camera, and I'm an even worse photographer.

Overview shot from the front

Img_0001.sized.jpg

Nice shot of the front spoiler and 18 inch, 18 spoke alloys

Img_0004.sized.jpg

Arty farty shot - just 'cos I like it! think this could be a future avatar

Img_0013.sized.jpg

From the rear

Img_0019.sized.jpg

The money shot - the 4.3 V8 that powers it from 0-60 in around 6 seconds. Yet delivers its power in a manner that is effortless and refined. B)

Img_0001_001.sized.jpg

The engine in perspective with the overall car

Img_0006_001.sized.jpg

Interior shot

Img_0010_001.sized.jpg

From the side

Img_0010.sized.jpg

Really, REALLY happy with it - beautiful to drive both easy and hard.

Bit scary how much I have already spent on it in two weeks though :crybaby:

Very nice Matt!

thank you!

I am very pleased with it :)

Is that parked outside your stately home matthew?  ;)

thats outside the gamekeepers lodge mate - we were having the driveway re-gravelled, as the old stuff was dirty.

:lol:

Nice.  Too bad it does not come that way in the states.  Still, with $ it can easily look that way. ;)  Although the 18s are OEM, they are sill 18s.  Are you considering dropping it a bit?

at the moment I am enjoying the smoother side of the ride, although part of me does want to drop it about an inch - the handling and the looks would both improve if I did.

at the moment I am enjoying the smoother side of the ride, although part of me does want to drop it about an inch - the handling and the looks would both improve if I did.

Just to tempt you, here is a drop before and after (ignore the color and other mods ;)):

Before:

Img_0010.sized.jpg

After:

3146MS2_14.jpg

wow very nice, you sure are racking in the sterling to have a 4.5 V8 in the U.K. , i guess the IS with a 4 cylinder is long gone?

the IS is history mate (with its 6 cylinders :P).

was time for a change I thought

sweet! where can I get those rims?

They are standard in the UK - most Lexus UK stuff is TTE, so these are prolly TTE wheels :unsure:

btw i love the plate

so how much did it cost for a lexus plate since that side of the pond has a heiarchy of madness to make their plate names cost more?

you are right Sharad - some plates over here go for a fortune.

Luckily, the DVLA has not got wise to the fact to the L3X combo and Lexus B)

So - I got the plate, L3 XVB for £250 ($446)

Had the plate made up, illegally spaced (:blushing: ) as L3X VB, and in an (illegal :blushing: ) font that if you squint and turn your head sideways looks like V8 for £35 ($62).

lmao

you give it to the ol bird.

She doesn't need anymore Rolls Royces to chase horses on her farms .

I thought it looked a bit odd with the left side with the "L" , sweet non the less.

I think richard branson of virgin paid a pretty penny for a plate as some smart guy bought ever possibility a few years ago of his name.