Metalic Black Vs. Jet Black

NeiLtYmE

I couldnt decide which i like better so i thought id ask how you all feel?

Current 96 Es300 is all jet black, and i do love it...but it needs work cause there are lots of imperfections throughout.

I either want Jet black again, or the metalic black. Hard decision.

What do you all like ?

For look? Jet black. For ease? Metallic black. The metallic helps to hide a lot of little imperfections and swirls that jet black actually magnifies.

Personally, I would go with the metallic... Nothing like a little glimmer in the black to make it pop!

Here's my car - white not black, but I had the choice of pearlescent white versus absolut white and I went with the pearl...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...CODE=12&CID=112

Good luck!

I either want Jet black again, or the metalic black. Hard decision.

a jet black car, freshly washed, polished, waxed looks unbelievably good.

but - as Steve says, the metallic will help hide any imperfections.

What state is your current cars paintwork in?

If you have kept your existing car in really good condition, then maybe you can carry off the jet black?

For look? Jet black. For ease? Metallic black. The metallic helps to hide a lot of little imperfections and swirls that jet black actually magnifies.

the metallic would be my choice because if you get the right one it gives a rich depth & hides scratches & swirls. my choice would be the metallic black used on the 1997 porsche 911. it has a little bit of gold pearle in it you see when the sun shines on it and boy does this give it a rich look. beautiful!

the car is currently in jet black mode. The paint has been been kept very well since ive had the possesion of this car. However, because i was not the owner of this car for the previous 5 or so years it has been through some degree of neglect.

the car has gotten a new body kit and other various modifications done to it. In the process of putting on the body kit, i was contemplating just getting it repainted.

Jet black is my preference as well after looking back at pictures of my car when it was waxed. !!

I really need a few areas repainted anyways, as my granpa backed into the rear left quarter panel of the car and exposed the metal there. and there are various key marks, few nicks, and little fine oxidation occuring on the hood. there is also damage on the door where it was vadalized a year back.

its not as bad as it sounds actually, But im a fanatic of perfection..... well kinda :whistles:

yeah, the metallic i think looks best on white where you cant see those individual granules too well, but it enhances the reflectivity of the white paint. Similarly, i think the lighter the color, the better metallic paint looks.

I saw this dark red escalade the other day which had the metallic granules which glared out pink. Bright graphics complemented with ugly 24' spinners.

So along with my distaste for dubs, bright graphics, nasty wings...etc... metallic paint is becoming a turn off.

I respect others indivdual tastes, but beauty has its limits.