Goodyear Comfortreads

cemike

I recently had a set of Goodyear ComforTread tires installed on my 94 SC300. Just wanted to let everyone know what a great tire these are. :D

I had Bridgestone Eagers on the car before, what junk! Very noisey and not very nice riding.

The ComforTreads are extremely quiet and smooth. I don't know how good a performance tire they are, but I don't drive this car too aggressively, so it's not an issue for me. For an everyday driving tire they are very nice.

With all the bad weather we've been having in Florida lately (What an understatement that is!!) they have proven themselves in the rain.

I agree the Comfortreds are awesome for the Lexus owner looking for the ultimate in a quiet, bump smothering ride, plus they are alot more reasonably priced than any Michelin tire. Every once in awhile Goodyear scores a home run and they sure did this time.

Tirerack.com prices & sizes available:

185/65-14  $65.00

185/70-14  $65.00

195/70-14  $65.00

205/75-14  $65.00

185/65-15  $74.00

195/60-15  $70.00

195/65-15  $72.00

205/60-15  $79.00

205/65-15  $75.00

205/70-15  $70.00

215/65-15  $83.00

215/70-15  $73.00

205/55-16  $89.00

205/60-16  $81.00

215/55-16 $107.00

215/60-16  $85.00

215/65-16  $85.00

225/60-16  $86.00

235/60-16  $95.00

225/55-17  $117.00

On another thread these were recommended to me and I have been watching for results from a Lexus owner. The reviews at tire rack were not that good for the confortread but they were really good for the tripletread's.

The tires you bought...were they T rated or what rating? Thanks!

Agreed! The triple tread is a better rated tire than the comfortreads. You can see it too in the tread patterns. This has to be a 'home run' for GoodYear (so far so good) as they have sunk BIG $$$$$$$$ to invest in a premium all season tire as they weren't even in the ballpark to compete with the likes of Michelin & Toyo for quality. B)

:cheers:

I bought 225/55r17's with the new wheels for my 04 ES330 and love the soft ride! They are extremely quiet, but H rating is a little too soft for me.

I am unfortunately having issues with the wheels tracking straight and will need to replace the wheels and tires. I tracked the tracking issue to the wheels and not tires by driving on Dunlop sport A2's for a week prior.

Comfortreds and Helo Tease Wheels:

post-10-1096610683.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I bought 225/55r17's with the new wheels for my 04 ES330 and love the soft ride!  They are extremely quiet, but H rating is a little too soft for me. 

I am unfortunately having issues with the wheels tracking straight and will need to replace the wheels and tires.  I tracked the tracking issue to the wheels and not tires by driving on Dunlop sport A2's for a week prior.

Comfortreds and Helo Tease Wheels:

Mikey, did you get any negative imput from tire people regarding the taller 55 series tires? I'm running 235/45/17's on my GS but the Tirerack rep. was very firm in NOT going to the only 17" Comfortread which is the 225/55/17. He felt that speedometer readings and other factors make such a move a bad idea. A local tire dealer thinks moving up to a tire that is 1 inch taller should not be a problem. I really want to improve my ride. ( XGT H now btw ). Thanks

• 9 months later...

What tire config did you get for ES300? I have a new ES330 and don't like OEM Bridge Stones tires (squeak on hard turns, sometimes just through a driveway)

Perhaps the ? 225/55-17 and what rating?

What tire config did you get for ES300?  I have a new ES330 and don't like OEM Bridge Stones tires (squeak on hard turns, sometimes just through a driveway)

Perhaps the ? 225/55-17  and what rating?

Goodyear has since added the 225 55 17 size in the Triple Tread line very recently......was previously only offered in the Comfortreads........speed rating is H in that size. We have to keep in mind that these 2 tires are not considered a high performance tire really.....although of course the ride will be slightly firmer with the H speed rating. 80,000 mile treadwear is nice to boot! B) It's the BEST premium all season tire (Triple Tread) you can buy currently on the market today! B)

Have you tried all the Premium all season tires on the market today? ;)

I have tried the Comfortreads, Triple Treads, Yokohama Avid Touring, Toyo 800 Ultra, Falken 512's & even spent a week with a car that was equipped with the Michelin Hydroedge. Have I tried them all........no, but I have tried many more than the 'average' driver has & some of the best rated to boot. ;)

Again, you won't find the 'perfect' all season tire that does everything well in all weather conditions, but you can come fairly close all things considered if you don't want to invest in a set of winter rubber which you have stated in the past that you don't.

One thing I found very intresting on tirerack was how many Subaru owners (a 'cult' type of brand as opposed to 'mainstream') went with the Triple Treads.......almost as many as Toyota owners with very good feedback. B)

The new Yokohama Avid TRZ looks intresting as well, but no personal experence. B)

But a Lexus is not a Subaru or even a Toyota, its a Lexus and demands a totally different type of tire.

Alright, and that type of tire would be what exactly? :whistles:

To the best of my knowledge, no tire maker makes or offers a tire specifically for a Lexus (except perhaps run-flats). If (and that's a BIG 'if') they do, please let me (us) know. I have a feeling I'll be very old or making that phone call.....from the horizontal telephone booth by the time that happens. ;)

Many ES 300 & Camry models did actually come factory equipped with the exact same tire, depending on the model of Camry for example. :ph34r:

It's kind of like being in court, & the lawyer ask's you to tell your version of something "In your own words".......do you have your own words? :blink: Seriously? I can't speak for you, but I've been using the same words everyone else has been using.......same thing goes with tires........many different ones fit many different vehicles for different climates & purposes to suit a driver & their needs. B)

A sedate tire with an emphasis on comfort over treadlife or handling, Michelin MXV4, Bridgestone Turanza LS series, Dunlop Sp 4000s and 5000s, etc. Having had more aggressive tires on the car now there's really little benefit and a susprising amount of degridation of the ride characteristics that make the car what it is.

I'm a fan of what works, and I'm leery of things with big flashy marketing campaigns like these Assurance tires.

i just recently got the goodyear tripletreads on my 98 es300 (stock 205/65/15) and i must say they are so far flawless. i previously had bfgoodrich traction t/a v-rated tires and was very disappointed in them; yeah they were superb in traction but horrible for ride noise and comfort and treadwear.

but these goodyear tripletreads are something else :cheers:

i just recently got the goodyear tripletreads on my 98 es300 (stock 205/65/15) and i must say they are so far flawless. i previously had bfgoodrich traction t/a v-rated tires and was very disappointed in them; yeah they were superb in traction but horrible for ride noise and comfort and treadwear.

but these goodyear tripletreads are something else  :cheers:

Do you get much snow & harsh winter conditions where you live andrecat? B) I know the wet & heavy rain weather performance in just awesome! ;)

Do you get much snow & harsh winter conditions where you live andrecat? B) I know the wet & heavy rain weather performance in just awesome! ;)

living in virginia beach during the summer (away from school) we've had our fair share of rain and i must agree the tripletreads have been outstanding in wet weather. come the next couple months ill see how they perform in winter weather when im out at school in radford once the weather turns cold.

andrecat

living in virginia beach during the summer (away from school) we've had our fair share of rain and i must agree the tripletreads have been outstanding in wet weather. come the next couple months ill see how they perform in winter weather when im out at school in radford once the weather turns cold.

andrecat

Keep us posted on your winter experence when the time comes. B)