Piggyback Ecu

Hey guys,

ive been wondering, have any of you tried to add a piggyback ECU or a "better" ecu to your cars? I mean, i wouldn't expect a HUGE performance increase, but a little would be nice :D I'm looking up info on-line right now, but was wondering if some of you would know more?

Thanks,

ProZac

jet has been known to be shady

they say the change eprom settings but under a dyno

they give less power or the same ( as if they didn't change anything at all)

a complete waste of time

don't waste your money unless you want a sticker

:lol:

Well what about one of these http://www.weapon-r.com/ecu.html its got from 95es300's and up. however on the site it gives to purchase the thing, it does not list lex es300. BUT wow... it is still like $700. thats almost halfway to a supercharger. It seems like it promises TOO much also, like a 18~30 gain in HP, is that realistic just from adding a piggyback ECU???

ProZac

JET and weapon R are both junk -- all their products are. The things that the ECU would mod really won't help performnace just because you dont have any other mods to support it. You'd get like a 5 hp increase at the CRANK only if you ran 94+ octane fuel.

I thought so... those jerks!!! :P if i disconnect the battery for like 30 mins. then plug it all back in, would that reset the ECU? or does the '97 not have a smart ecu (like one that learns how i drive)???

i have had the car about 5 months now, and got it from an older lady, she didn't drive it too hard. so im thinking, if it is a smart chip, then i can re-teach it!

~ProZac~