Brooklyn-manhatten Cruising

VBdenny

Last Saturday, I filled up the LS in Caldwell and cruised over to Brooklyn to see my brother in law. I know it's long, but the tolls are free this way, anyway I cruised down the GSP to 440 and up to Staten Island over the Verizano and into Bay Ridge. Hung out in Bay Ridge for awhile at their house then got my brother in law and cruised over to his hardware store in Park Slope. Dropped him off and headed up to the BQE. Too that under the promandae to the Brooklyn Bridge (free). Got into Mahatten, proceeded up the Avenue of the America's, cut left on 23rd (I think) into the Lincoln Tunnel back to Jersy (also free). Jumped on the Turnpike to 280 and headed back to Caldwell. Hit 95 on the Turnpike when some MB got sassy

Hit 95 on the Turnpike when some MB got sassy

:lol: Sounds like a fun trip! Down here I seem to run into a lot of stock Acura 3.2TL's with drivers that think they are Mario Andretti. I had my crusie set on 85(on Sunday-cruising down I10), and this white 93/4 LS came out of nowhere and nearly blew my doors off! He had to be doing atleast 110+mph; I didn't see him for long at all!

:cheers:

How's the Big Dig?

coming to an end, finally. :wacko:

getting to the airport is definately an improvement but coming south through the city on 93S still sukz.

I am still very careful where I take my car due to the low profile tires and the potholes.

It is rumored that Modern Continental (the main company doing the construction) has been recently booted out because of mismanagement of funds and too many errors. Recently the main tunnel sprung a huge leak and water was gushing in. :chairshot:

steviej