Just Sold My 92

92Lex

I sold it because its just a little too out dated for me...it ran real good and all but I felt 7200.00 was a fairly decent price to let it go for.

Im looking to spend about 7000.00 give or take...just depends on how well perserved and amount of mileage on the vehicle.

I am in the same boat... sort of -- my car is not sold yet.

Anyway, always wanted something more, since I was introduced to the pampering of my 91 LS400.

I understand some of the improvements, like bigger brakes/tires, rear cup holder and so on, but wanted something newer because I wanted more gadgets (nav system is my number one desire).

You guys here said 95 is a good move from a 91 but when I checked it out, I found (according to the dealer) that nav did not come available until 98, and 98 LS money is more than I want to spend now.

Is that true?

Also -- what else do you get on a 95, that is not on a 91? Love my 91, but would like a nav system -- no specific reason, certainly don't need it because I don't travel to unknown places much, but you know.:-D

I am in the same boat... sort of -- my car is not sold yet.

Anyway, always wanted something more, since I was introduced to the pampering of my 91 LS400.

I understand some of the improvements, like bigger brakes/tires, rear cup holder and so on, but wanted something newer because I wanted more gadgets (nav system is my number one desire).

You guys here said 95 is a good move from a 91 but when I checked it out, I found (according to the dealer) that nav did not come available until 98, and 98 LS money is more than I want to spend now.

Is that true?

Also -- what else do you get on a 95, that is not on a 91? Love my 91, but would like a nav system -- no specific reason, certainly don't need it because I don't travel to unknown places much, but you know.:-D

You are correct-the nav didn't come until '98. ;) Hmm...what do you get in the second generation car?? The first and second generation cars are very similar in looks(in and out. save the refresh in '98), size, etc. The most noteable difference is the seat quality. They are no longer mushy and trampoline-like! lol Also, inside, the shifter is 100 times more elegant, dual zone climate controls, and the CD changer isn't in the trunk--it's in a second glove box. Mechanically, you will get 10 more(or 40 more hp in '98) horsepower and a ride that is noticably more controled than that of the 90-94. Also, the key and remote are seperate(95-97. 98 is aio), and they finally added a much needed trunk release button with panic alarm. Just my $.02 of the 2. ;)

I too wanted a second generation car(specically '98+) because of the nav. A '98+ is out of my reach right now, so I bought a Garmin GPS, and I'm extremely satisfied. You might want to look into this option. ;)

:cheers:

Cool...

Thanks for the reply.

As to the nav thingie -- I did check it out and that is not an option I want to invest in; I will take donations though.:lol:

Well, it seems the better choice is to go from my 91 to a 98 as opposed to getting a 95 now and knowing that what I really want is a 98.

Gess I will just learn to be satisfied with the 91 until I can get a reasonable priced 98.

mmmmm 98 --- my dream car. :lol:

:cries: You really sold your 1992 without another car in your sights?

I have a 1990 and LOVE the car still.

Best wishes to you in finding the right car that even comes close to your '92 in the $7 price range. Why did yu think you could sell your 92 for $7 then pick up a three year newer car for the same price?

Luv My Lexus

Ron Johnson :D

95 for 7K will be a tough hunt. Been there done that.

Prices seem to jump 95 up. New body style I guess. Anyway, here's what I did. Ebay..only if you can go look at the car.

Most newspaper ads are covered at Cars.com

Trader On Line

Bulk of Ls400's seem to be in Texas, Florida, Phoenix area of Arizona, and LA, San Diego areas.

Low mileage (anything below 100,000) move real quick. Happy hunting.

:cries: You really sold your 1992 without another car in your sights?

I have a 1990 and LOVE the car still.

Best wishes to you in finding the right car that even comes close to your '92 in the $7 price range. Why did yu think you could sell your 92 for $7 then pick up a three year newer car for the same price?

Luv My Lexus

Ron Johnson :D

Im planning on finding one for about the same price but with higher mileage...not looking for the lowest thing out there. Maybe I could find someone that can take me to a dealer auction. I found a 95 with 99k for 9500.00..might just take up that offer but it wouldnt hurt to save a little more. BTW, I bought my 92LS for 4850.00...not a bad profit right?

There is a guy in your area who has the inside scoop of buying cars the dealers don't want to mess with. About a month ago he had 2 LS400's. He's just off El Camino in Sacto and mainly sells trailers. For a few bucks he may get you into an auction or get you a deal.

Congratulatiuons on selling your car. Now if I can only sell mine. I have not tried to sell it that hard- not even listed it in the local paper. I have been considering letting it go for about $3400. Cant even hardly buy a early 90s Camry or Accord for that price.

Good luck on the search for a 1995+

There is a guy in your area who has the inside scoop of buying cars the dealers don't want to mess with. About a month ago he had 2 LS400's. He's just off El Camino in Sacto and mainly sells trailers. For a few bucks he may get you into an auction or get you a deal.

Thanks.

Exactly who is this guy? Any contact info?

99lsguy -- the leak has actually slowed... and it is freaking me out.

I have not done anything, just continue to add once a week and now I am adding a litttle every other week -- but that is a different subject.

As to a 95, the dealer in my area (Southfield) has a nice looking black 95 for 12g or so -- it is loaded with a beautiful interior. No wood on the wheel though, so that kind of turned me off.

Meade Lexus' contact number is 248-372-7100. Give em a call if interested -- I am gonna pass on this one, as I wait for a 98.:-D

It has 97,250 miles on there and new rubbers with a clean inside.