All Things I Want To Fix On (1995 Es300)

svarog

Hello! I have a 1995 ES300 Lexus it has 140k miles and still runs great, but there are a few things I want to fix.

1.) The needle for the speedometer burnt out, I read here about buying a new needle for $100, but should I just open it and put some white out on it? Just so I can see it, I never opened anytihng in a car before so I don't want to break my hud.

2.) The grill on the trunk (the top one) doesn't have the hexagonal metal ring on the back of the screw so one side shakes, shoudl I just go to a store and buy one of every one of those things? Or does it need a special one, or should I just superglue it.

3.) A little bit of oil drips out, broken valve? Should I go to some local shop or official lexus one? I don't want to pay a whole lot =/

4.) Back speakers do not work, I know this is probably going ot be $50000 but not too big a deal.

5.) The light that is on top of the driver's seat doesn't work, can I just get some regular bulb and stick it there?

6.) I only have one key, its black and has a button on it, that doesn't do anything (battery probably dead). What is cheapest way to get new keys and the little alarm on/door opener thing.

Only the oil is really worrying me a lot, all the other stuff isn't too important.

1. i don;t know what a "HUD" is as lexus don;t come with Heads Up Display.

You can get the whole thing repaired for $100.

2.Their is not grille on the trunk so i am guessing you mean the hood.

take it off and go to homedepot and match the thread pitch with a nut you removed and the grille.

3.The oil could be anything from anywhere,you can see the car so you should look.

4.the speakers don;t work at all?

then it is probably your amp that is gone.

5.which light on the drivers seat? the overhead dome light?

the vanity mirror light?

or the light by the sunroof controls? go to toyota/lexus and get the right bulb

try and be as detailed as possible when asking for help it keeps the game of tag back an forth answers from happenign if you fill in as much as possible to help determine the problems

the rest can be searched out if my answers were vauge as nothing you asked is new ground that hasn;t been answered before.

No one answered his question about the key; the answer is that that button that does nothing actually is the remote for the door lock/unlock and with that, it turns the security system on and off as well. There is no seperate "remote" like most cars, it's built in for convenience. The battery can be bought at any store that sells watch batteries. The exact battery needed is covered in the manual if you just look. As for the bulb for the interior light, you can get those anywhere as well. Once again, check the manual for the bulb number and you should be able to fix it easily. Don't go to Toyota; they're a rip off. B)