Griot's Garage

• 4 weeks later...

I have used Griots products for the last 7 years, they sell a wide aray of products and cleaning euipment as well. They are especially known for their excellent car wax and they have a very good quick spray on wax/cleaner called Speed Shine. No matter what you need for car care, they have it. You can find their website at griotsgarage.com.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

;)

I've used Griot's leather rejuvinator. I was not very impressed. It didn't do a whole lot as far as softening the leather, and I wasn't crazy about the chemical smell either(lexol and leatherique have a very leathery smell to them). However, it sounds like their cleaners and waxes are pretty decent.

:cheers:

I've found Griots is really hit or miss, and its very expensive.

Basically MOST of the products from Griots are simply rebadged products that you can buy elsewhere for cheaper. What you're paying for is the customer service, their very nice catalog, and their great money back guarantee on everything for life. Even empty bottles.

They sell many products that are fantastic like the Interior Cleaner, the undercarriage spray, the Speed Shine, the leather interior scent spray, a myriad of towels and applicators, but some products that are just misses like the leather rejuvinator and the Best of Show wax.

Basically though its safe shopping though because if its crap, send it back ;)

• 5 months later...

I've used Griot's leather rejuvinator. I was not very impressed. It didn't do a whole lot as far as softening the leather, and I wasn't crazy about the chemical smell either(lexol and leatherique have a very leathery smell to them). However, it sounds like their cleaners and waxes are pretty decent.

I have found their Spray Glass cleaner is very good..then follow that up with a good coat of Rain X. The Rain X seems to work better with this stuff under it, Gets rid of the rain faster under slower speeds. Hardly use my wipers now it does such a good job!!

• 3 years later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have found their Spray Glass cleaner is very good..then follow that up with a good coat of Rain X. The Rain X seems to work better with this stuff under it, Gets rid of the rain faster under slower speeds. Hardly use my wipers now it does such a good job!!

I have used several of their products for many years and do not have any complaints. Their leather care product is by far the best leather product I have found. Cleans the leather, has a great smell, and softens the leather.

I did not know they were so reputable, I've only recently heard of them through their car and driver ad for their exterior detailing kit which included the machinery and chemicals. I guess I'll give them a second look.

I'll chime in with those who brag on their interior cleaner. It is very effective. I use it for spots on home carpets as well as the car. Of all their products, I use Speed Shine, the clay, and their microfiber cloths the most. I wasn't familiar with Autopia and some of the other sites until I joined this forum. It sounds like there are excellent products on those sites as well. I don't know how interchangeable some of the products are between Griots and others. If anyone has experience there I would appreciate it. I have used the Griots products exclusively since 2001, am happy with them, but always open to getting something else if it is better.

I have kind of hopped around from label to label as well. And really, I like Griot's stuff. I got the buffer kit and the MF towels and so on, and I love the interoir cleaner and the leather care. The paint sealant they sell is really good also.

Has anyone seen the new little light that charges up in the ciggerrette lighter spot? I got it the other day and I have to say that little light is pretty cool. I don't smoke, and no body smokes in my car anyway, so being able to pull the lighter and put something there that I might need in the future anyway is nice. I love the blue "halo" light it makes while it's sitting in the holster charging.

I have kind of hopped around from label to label as well. And really, I like Griot's stuff. I got the buffer kit and the MF towels and so on, and I love the interoir cleaner and the leather care. The paint sealant they sell is really good also.

Has anyone seen the new little light that charges up in the ciggerrette lighter spot? I got it the other day and I have to say that little light is pretty cool. I don't smoke, and no body smokes in my car anyway, so being able to pull the lighter and put something there that I might need in the future anyway is nice. I love the blue "halo" light it makes while it's sitting in the holster charging.

Where did you find the little light you mentioned?