Lexus With White Wall Tires?

90LS400Lexus

I have been wondering what my LS400 would look like with white wall tires. I have never seen a LS400 with whitewalls and now I know why... :P Definitely looks different.

Here is my car with whitewall tires:

(not actually whitewalls, but a little tweaking of the photo)

**photo must be enlarged or it will not fully show**

post-4-1091321490.jpg

Nice Buick. Have you got a compass for the dashboard yet?

Kinda hot in Palm Springs these days, innit?

I like curb feelers, they help a bunch.

Personally - I like whitewall tires. I even miss them - sometimes. I remember quite fondly using S.O.S. pads on the white walls on my dad's '73 Imperial and '75 Mercury Marquis. But do they suit the LS400? Hmm.... not sure. A lot of what we think looks good - has a lot to do with what we're USED to seeing. But that applies to everything - I guess. [even people]

Craig! :)

Personally - I like whitewall tires. I even miss them - sometimes. I remember quite fondly using S.O.S. pads on the white walls on my dad's '73 Imperial and '75 Mercury Marquis. But do they suit the LS400? Hmm.... not sure. A lot of what we think looks good - has a lot to do with what we're USED to seeing. But that applies to everything - I guess. [even people]

Craig! :)

I like them too on certain cars. My 92 Buick I just sold had them. They really made this car look better, but I hated keeping them clean. I used to clean them like you did- with a Brillo or SOS pad.

The classic American cars of the 1970s must have whitewalls, because they do not look right without them. I remember the old original bias-ply spare tire in the trunk of my 72 Buick Electra I sold a couple of years ago. Neat looking tread on those old tires. I just would not be able to get used to whitewalls on my Lexus.

To clarify- my car does not have whitewalls- I just tweaked that photo. :D

Come to think of it - I don't think that WIDE white walls [mounted on real wire wheels] would be out of place on the new Chrysler 300C. In fact - I think it might look pretty good. Depends on the style of car - I guess. But you would probably have to get 16" tires and wheels - just so there would be room for a wide white wall.

Your '72 Buick Electra would indeed look odd WITHOUT white walls - 90LS400Lexus. And I agree - the tread pattern on some of those old bias-ply tires were quite neat. I remember some of those tires having sort of a plaid[sp?] style of tread. [a typical Scottish design]

Craig!! :)

ps and that photo of your LS with white walls was just a fake? Yeah right. No one believes that!! lol