Tune Up

Travieso~13

W-sup again to all you Lexo owners. As i mentioned b4 i jst bought my Lexo bout 3weeks ago, is a '92 w/146k. i dont kno the history on the car, should i do a complete tune up, i changed the oil day after i got it, but should i change the belt, spark plugs wires, trans oil etc,. ????? What else should i change, i think i need brakes too, cause it vibrates a lil when i stop, i bought new tires for it, but i think im gonna need some work on front suspension wut u think its gonna run me???? Also i think i might need mounts for trans an motor cause it jerks a lil wheni let off the gas to quick an also tha cats i think need to be replaced cause when i open the it feels hot, an thas y i think iss wastin a lil more gas than it should>>I think the cats might be clouged up or something.....

Thanks for all your held, i wana get it tip top for my next road trip, i already took it on one and it was perfect. 300 miles each way plus drivin around in town

Thanks ppl

Yep, yep, yep , and yep. Too bad you don't know timing belt status. I would think it has been done but who knows...

Who'd you buy it from? Do you have any inkling to how it was cared for? Would help on guessing on some of the service urgency.

I bought it off a small local dealer, alls i could say is that the oil looked like chocolate and the air filter was filthy, the oil filter was the same story i dont think it was taken care of too well, im gonna try an pull a carfax report on it, wher can i get one?

www.carfax.com

Tell ya what I'll do if you want. I'm gonna save you $19.99. Send me the VIN and I'll do it for you. I bought a months worth of reports when I was dealing with my own Lexus situation (you might have read about). I still have a couple weeks to go. I can email you the report afterwords.

To take all the guesswork out of it..why dont you just bring it to a designated Gold Shield smog station and have them run all tests on it? Theyll let you know if the cat is bad, along with other emissions related components. If the cat is bad usual symptoms would be poor gas mileage and loss of power as stated above. If you come to a halting stop your car should either shut off or rpm fall down real low then bounce back up because of the restricted exhaust. BTW, cats are supposed to run REAL hot...the reach maximum efficiency at 800 degrees or more.

~acf----the vin# JT8UF11EXNO143379....thanks in advance for your time man, i appreciate your help my email addy is garcia_8812@hotmail.com. thanks again for your help man.

~EM91----on that trip it gave me about 350 miles one way on a full tank. which i think is pretty gd, but these past few days its been giving me poor mileagei drive about 300 miles a week to work an it gave me around 290 this time around.

Thanks for all your help.

Travieso that doesn't sound good to me. I took a long distant trip of 400 miles and when the trip was over I still had a quarter of a tank. I think i could have gotten 500 miles out of it. I have a 91 ls 400. You definatley need a tune up.

Hey ACF,

Congrads on getting your money back from the dealership. Can you do me a huge favor and run a carfax on my vin as well? JT8bh28fxx0150860. E-Mail vevro@earthlink.net. Thanks

The vin for my 2000 LS 400 is JT8BH28F2Y0180551.If you could run a carfax that would be great.e-mail is patcom2@velocity.net Thanks

acf,

my friend in cali is shopping for a SC400. he found a good car on autotrader but would like to check the car's history b4 purchase. VIN:JT8UZ30C6N0007401. email me at pwnage36@yahoo.com please.

thanks a lot

acf~~~hey man thans a lot for the carfax report, i appreciate it man, it helps me think a lil more about my car an the problems i might run in too, maybe i'll get to them b4 they become a problem, again thanx a lot for your help man, an i think i'll start on that tune up this weekend, i think my power steerin pump is leeking and i need those trans and motor mounts .

THANKS